It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea Alabama

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

Not if they are unarmed.

The likelihood of them being unarmed in a supposedly armed society would be quite low methinks.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Too much Crocodile Dundee?

Wow, you must feel so proud using a 30 year old meme after dragging it out and dusting it off.

Well done.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Omg I loved that movie.

Kryties is totally murdering my teenage fantasy man.

I doubt that very much.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

So ok for you to disagree with me, not ok for me (and actual facts) to disagree with you.

Got it.

I said nothing of the sort. Nice try.

In the US civil people call it: agreeing to disagree.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Omg I loved that movie.

I doubt that very much.

You doubt what?

I loved the movie?

Or fantasized about Crocodile Dundee while making god cry?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Not nearly as proud as a blowhard galah telling people from other nations to give up their rights in order to become as enlightened as you obviously are.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Perhaps you should take your own advice? You have just spent 2 pages insulting me, making false remarks and getting angry about the fact I dared to share an opinion (backed by some facts) that you disagreed with.

link   

Not if they are unarmed.

The likelihood of them being unarmed in a supposedly armed society would be quite low methinks.

Its not armed wholly!

What part of that do you not understand?

link   

Omg I loved that movie.

I doubt that very much.

You doubt what?

I loved the movie?

No, that I "murdered your teenage fantasy".

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Perhaps you should take your own advice? You have just spent 2 pages insulting me, making false remarks and getting angry about the fact I dared to share an opinion (backed by some facts) that you disagreed with.

And you havent?

Lol.

Cant take the heat, stay out the kitchen.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Omg I loved that movie.

I doubt that very much.

You doubt what?

I loved the movie?

No, that I "murdered your teenage fantasy".

Well, you are.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Kryties

Not nearly as proud as a blowhard galah telling people from other nations to give up their rights in order to become as enlightened as you obviously are.

Awwww, another outdated insult about my country of origin. How quaint.

I apologise for disagreeing with the premise of this thread, would you like me to impale myself and email you the pictures? Would that make you feel better?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

And you havent?

Lol.

Cant take the heat, stay out the kitchen.

No, I really haven't. I even asked you last time you accused me of this to quote just ONE TIME that I have, and you did not.

edit on 21/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Well, you are.

You'll get over it.

I do find it rather amazing that you are so affected by someone elses opinion that it destroys your love of a film you liked in teenagehood. Seems a tad extreme to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Its not armed wholly!

What part of that do you not understand?

Much more armed than many others who would be considered to be more polite societies given that they have lower crime rates and all.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Quit the bickering!

Please discuss you differences in a civil manner.....
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Fri Apr 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The real correlation is not between guns and crime, but ethnic diversity and crime.

Australia is 91% "White"

England is 92% "White"

Germany is 92% "White"

The United States is 63% "White"

("White" appears in quotes to denote that it is a political, rather than a biological category; and is defined differently within different national cultures)

And the homicide rate in the US, is about on third of the rate in the developing world.... So there is a much higher correlation between diversity and crime.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
FWIW... it is a FACT that violent gun crimes went down in Australia after the gun ban went into effect.

HOWEVER... it is ALSO a FACT, that violent crime at large went up SIGNIFICANTLY... and personal and property crimes and theft went VERTICAL. In neighborhoods correlated with a high density of elderly and retired folks, crime went up between 200 and 300% in places.

Morale amongst rank and file Law Enforcement in AU is at a low. Police just can't keep up with the calls anymore.

Here in the U.S., it is settled law... Law Enforcement is not responsible for preventing you from being victim to crime, even violent crime. The Supreme Court, in essence, has ruled that personal protection against crimes is the responsibility of individuals. Law Enforcement is not enjoined or responsible for protecting citizens from crimes in any way.

"When seconds matter... the police are minutes or longer, away"

(Castle Rock v. Gonzales and, Warren v. District of Columbia)
edit on 21-4-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie kitties running amuck in neighborhood

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

"When seconds matter... the police are minutes or longer, away"

Nothing more, really, need be said in regards to the owning of firearms for personal protection.

We're responsible for our own protection, as you say, it's settled law, and even were it not, cops can't be, nor, frankly, should they be, every where all the time.

Someone comes uninvited into my home, they are taking their lives into their hands, as I won't hesitate to kill should I believe they're out to harm me or mine. I know I sort of said otherwise earlier. I won't kill over a TV, but I'll also be very likely to "misunderstand" a wrong move.

Those post-gun ban stats for Australia only prove the point. Guns, or even the possibility of one being in a home, do deter crime.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Thank you got adding that information. It makes a lot of sense; if criminals can't get a gun, they'll use a knife, a rock, a stick, their bare hands... whatever they can get. No criminal is going to hear about a gun ban and shrug and say, "Well, I guess I'll have to change my ways now."

But... if they know homes don't have guns in them, and especially if they know the inhabitants are young, female, or elderly, the criminals also know they still have the upper hand. That's the real reason most use a gun... it gives them the upper hand, or at least places them on equal footing with someone else who has a gun. Considering that criminals are often young, strong men who work out regularly, not having any guns period would be an advantage in most cases.

This is the disconnect. Gun control advocates are looking at a narrow set of circumstances: gun crime. Gun control opponents are looking at a larger picture: overall self-protection. A good example of such a narrow viewpoint would be trying to get rats out one's living room by attracting them to the kitchen. Yeah, the living room is clear, but you still have rats.

Down here, we want rid of the rats.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join