It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea Alabama

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

So I should stop replying to you?

Pot calling the kettle black.

Yall ever heard of that down there?

I didn't call you mentally deficient. Therein lies the difference.

Lies are lies too

Not when they are verifiable facts.

Innocent people die/killed all the time.

Blame your god I guess.

What about the amount of innocent lives that are lost due to cigarettes? Booze? Good ole fashioned stupidity?

I don't believe in "God". I believe in Science and verifiable facts.

Gun Control means using both hands.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in the context of the post you replied to, or any post I've made for that matter.

Right there is the real problem you have.

So your wife allowed you to get a application to buy a gun.

This is a trend in America.

Brainwash the women, then allow them to boss the husband around.

Absolute twaddle and nonsense. You're getting desperate now and literally making stuff up.

So yall dont feel the need.

Therfore you come here and insist we should not feel the need either.

Lol

It's true though. If there was little to no chance that people around you were carrying illegal guns then you would not feel the need to carry one yourself. It's called simple logic.

Really?

We just go to a store, individual or gun show parking lot.

I like our way better.

Do you not see the mental disconnect in asking another dumb talking monkey with firearms, for permission to obtain one for yourself.

That does not make you mad as a man to be treated like a child.

May I please have a firearm?

Lol

Congratulations on missing the point AGAIN. I am sure you thoroughly enjoy watching mass shootings, at the very least you seem to be rather indifferent about them.

We aint in your country.

So yeah, look it up.
Dont get in trouble with your wife though.

More twaddle and made up nonsense.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is the cultural difference I think you people least understand

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yes because America is exactly the same country it was 200 years ago.

As an aside, would it interest you to know that I am related to Paul Revere? Actually, to be more accurate I'm related to his wife Sarah.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

you're the one who asked Kryties "where is here" when that was self evident from his avatar and his posts
these were your words

1) where is "here"

care to comment on rest of my post stating the drugs coming in from Afghanistan since the toppling of the Taliban

the drugs are doing well thanks to the pipeline your politicians control through Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

As an aside, would it interest you to know that I am related to Paul Revere? Actually, to be more accurate I'm related to his wife Sarah.

They might call it fake news because you critique mass shootings in the USA -

sarc/only Americans are allowed to comment on the 2nd Amendment/sarc

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

LOL, they can call it "fake news" all they want, I can provide evidence in the form of my family tree. Admittedly it is with my grandmother at the moment and I'm not seeing her again for another few months (she lives about 5 hours from me).

I've been hearing about my family connection to the Reveres all my life.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
No America is not the same country it was in the beginning.

The fact that the only thing you bothered to comment about was the date, highlights the cultural difference we have on this subject.

The founders of my country endured tyranny leading to the revolution. Taxation without representation, unwarrented and on demand unreasonable searches and seizures, being forced to quarter the kings army in their own homes, and these conditions were endured with no violence.
The catalyist for violence was the attempt by the king to disarm the colonists.
The first blood spilled in significant quantity in the United States war for independance was in defense of what would become our 2nd ammendment, the right to keep and bear arms.
As your country did not endure a war for independence, I do not think you appreciate my respect for those who laid down their lives so I would have freedom. For you to stand afar and advocate giving away what was obtained by the ultimate sacrifice is frankly insulting.

Being able to trace your family back to the 1700s is really cool. Being related to someone who personally had an impact on the direction of history is cool as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

As your country did not endure a war for independence, I do not think you appreciate my respect for those who laid down their lives so I would have freedom. For you to stand afar and advocate giving away what was obtained by the ultimate sacrifice is frankly insulting.

No, we didn't fight a war for our independence but we had it just as tough. The Brits shipped us all over here for small things like stealing bread to feed ourselves then left us here to rot and fend for ourselves in a country that isn't exactly human-friendly.

Being able to trace your family back to the 1700s is really cool. Being related to someone who personally had an impact on the direction of history is cool as well.

I've been meaning to sit down with my grandmother and have a good talk about it. I've heard about our relation to the Reveres all my life (my father wouldn't shut up about it when he was with Americans - even though he was only related by marriage as the relation comes from my mothers side). When I get a hold of the family tree and some more information I'll be writing a good thread about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Amazing how the profane are allowed to travel so far off topic on my threads.

Anyone have anything to say about Alabama's new CCW law?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

It is a good thing; hopefully it will be used with responsibility.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

...so, you believe there will be a DIFFERENT result THIS TIME... than the result which has taken place everywhere else... i.e., absolutely no impact on gun involved shootings?

States that already allow concealed carry, see a reasonably quick change in the violent crime rates trending them lower.

States that enact "Constitutional Carry"... may notice a further downtrend in gun crime... but not as dramatic as states that have restrictive laws, that then legislate Concealed Carry.

After a couple decades of the rapid drop in violent crime rates... they have spiked upwards over the last 18 to 24 months. Largely, I believe, because a faction of society has been emboldened to defy law enforcement more openly in the public square, or even direct violence directly towards LEOs.

The last couple years has seen a tolerance for criminality by elements of society that are perceived to have been oppressed by LEO's in the past, or even praise for those who commit violence against Law Enforcement.

Across the nation, police are quitting or retiring in numbers faster than hiring can replace them... and police are MUCH less willing to put themselves in crime settings that may require the use of lethal force... because protecting citizens against crime, when those same citizens may turn violent against them... is a zero sum game.

So, anyway... Constitutional Carry in Alabama is unlikely to cause an increase in crime... it hasn't anywhere else.

...and in some states, like Bernie Sanders Vermont, it's been the law for over 200 years, and Vermont isn't exactly like the wild west.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

As @Shooterbrody said... it is a good thing. The thing folks who get all worked up over relaxing gun laws never seem to have understood in the first place... murder, by any means... is STILL ILLEGAL.

This is not much of an issue for most of us... even if we have guns coming out the wazoo. We won't, nor are we willing to, violate the rights of others, commit crimes against others, or kill others, for nefarious reasons.

There are people who will. We have a term in society for that. Criminals. Someone who is willing to act in a predatory manner, or even kill another human being for self-gain... doesn't give a wit about gun laws.

If Capital Punishment is insufficient to prevent their predatory behavior, nothing will prevent it... with the possible exception that a law abiding citizen, or member of law enforcement, is ging to cause for them to have their last bad day on earth.

Criminals are usually selfish... they won't risk their own hide facing potentially armed citizens. Why go after "hard targets" when they can just go somewhere with restrictive gun laws and do what they will in a soft target rich environment?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure the 2nd Amendment has everything to do with this thread, does it not? According to some people at least.

The fact, however, that you refer to anyone who disagrees with you as "The Profane" does make me wonder why you even post threads if you don't want discussion that doesn't automatically agree with you.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I'm pretty sure the 2nd Amendment has everything to do with this thread, does it not?

No it doesnt. It has to do with the unconstitutional law in Alabama being replaced with a slightly less unconstitutional law regarding Concealed Carry.

The fact, however, that you refer to anyone who disagrees with you as "The Profane"

The fact?
Anyone who disagrees with me?
Lol.
Is that what you call it?

No actually I threw that in there for your little buddy after he popped off about ATS and Masons.

Masons are not cluttering up my threads with multiple off topic remarks and personal jabs.

does make me wonder why you even post threads if you don't want discussion that doesn't automatically agree with you.

Because I want to...

Bring it, just stay on topic.

And dont expect me to just lay down and agree with you because........Australia?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

No it doesnt. It has to do with the unconstitutional law in Alabama being replaced with a slightly less unconstitutional law regarding Concealed Carry.

The 2nd Amendment has to do with guns correct? This thread is referencing gun laws in a certain state correct?

Please explain how it is not 2nd amendment related. I'd love to hear your explanation.

You even mentioned "unconstitutional" which is referencing the 2nd Amendment then deny it in the same sentence LOL.

The fact?
Anyone who disagrees with me?
Lol.
Is that what you call it?

No actually I threw that in there for your little buddy after he popped off about ATS and Masons.

Masons are not cluttering up my threads with multiple off topic remarks and personal jabs.

Perhaps you could do better than to refer to people whose comments you don't like as "The Profane"? Don't forget ATS's T&Cs which specifically mandate civility and decorum.

Because I want to...

Bring it, just stay on topic.

And dont expect me to just lay down and agree with you because........Australia?

What on Earth has my country got to do with you wanting only people who agree with you to comment in your threads?

edit on 21/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
An armed society IS a polite society.

...When people may be having a bad day and second guess themselves on sharing their bad day with others because the one they might share with may be having a worse day than them and may be carrying a weapon to shoot them in the face...

I used to ride a bicycle a lot and ran into problems with people in their cars on a regular basis down in Florida. I always wore a VooDoo Tactical Tobago pack with a space behind itself and my lower back, when the irate motorist managed to get close I just reached back into the space and looked at them and smiled.

They always STFU right away and realized I was the one with the advantage while they were stuck there with their cumbersome and relatively un- maneuverable cars...

One doesn't need a weapon to play the bluff game, you only have to make them think you have one.

All I had back there was a can of dog repellent.

...Don't be acting like a dog, and I won't treat you like one...

Why do most become dumb behind the wheel?, It ain't a frickin tank they're driving. Airbags don't fix stupid...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

...When people may be having a bad day and second guess themselves on sharing their bad day with others because the one they might share with may be having a worse day than them and may be carrying a weapon to shoot them in the face...

If an "armed society is a polite society" then why does America have one of the highest rates of crime and murder, by gun or otherwise, in the world per capita? Doesn't seem terribly "polite" to me.

edit on 21/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

As @Shooterbrody said... it is a good thing. The thing folks who get all worked up over relaxing gun laws never seem to have understood in the first place... murder, by any means... is STILL ILLEGAL.

This is not much of an issue for most of us... even if we have guns coming out the wazoo. We won't, nor are we willing to, violate the rights of others, commit crimes against others, or kill others, for nefarious reasons.

There are people who will. We have a term in society for that. Criminals. Someone who is willing to act in a predatory manner, or even kill another human being for self-gain... doesn't give a wit about gun laws.

If Capital Punishment is insufficient to prevent their predatory behavior, nothing will prevent it... with the possible exception that a law abiding citizen, or member of law enforcement, is ging to cause for them to have their last bad day on earth.

Criminalcriminually selfish... they won't risk their own hide facing potentially armed citizens. Why go after "hard targets" when they can just go somewhere with restrictive gun laws and do what they will in a soft target rich environment?

A young angry drunk man attacked my daughter in her yard last summer. We held him at gun point till he calmed down, which was when deputies arrived and took him into custody. Initially we tried to just make him leave.

We used distance, bright lights from the car, and verbal judo to keep from escalating the situation.
Which was difficult considering his alcohol induced rage.

We legally could have shot him considering he was caught red handed beating our daughter down in her yard on our property. During which time he started at me a few times shouting at us "You wont shoot". Luckily he did not cross the line where I would have definitely shot his ass without hesitation.

It really ticks me off that non Americans buy into this stereotype that Americans are a bunch of untrained morons. Just itching to kill people.

While our Sheriffs are going to miss the revenue. The average non-administrative L.E.O. is all for this.
L.E. enforces law, not babysit. They above all, recognize the fact that crooks look for the weak and unprepared. They deal with the aftermath all the time of tragic situations that would have ended very differently had the victim been armed.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Do you really need that explained to you after what I wrote?.

Maybe you should have stayed in school...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

If an "armed society is a polite society" then why does America have one of the highest rates of crime and murder, by gun or otherwise, in the world per capita? Doesn't seem terribly "polite" to me.

Because most of the places that have huge amounts of violent crime, also have either:

A. Extremely unconstitutional laws on firearms that the citizenry is unwilling to challenge.

B. Idiot Sheriffs that focus on "duh guns bad" rhetoric.

Case in point.

Mobile County Sheriff Cochrane does not fear his citizens wrath. Its a frikkin warzone in his county. Innocent people get shot all the time in Mobile and Mobile county.

Right next door to Mobile county and a even larger county, with fewer resources and deputies. Baldwin County Sheriff Mack does fear his citizens wrath. Very rare instances of violent crime as a result.

And there you have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join