It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea Alabama

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

We didn't have any issue with them not allowing us concealed handguns because we don't feel the need to carry them. Why is this so difficult to understand?

I may not want to carry a concealed handgun, but I have the right to. Do you? If you do not then imo you are less free than I am.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Before I put the iPad down and sleep, here is the link for how to obtain a firearms license here in my state of New South Wales in Australia. I'm fairly sure the rules are the same for the other states and territories here also:

www.police.nsw.gov.au...

edit on 19/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The point many of us are making, and apparently failing to do, is this...

You live on a farm and, like all farms, there are pests--some require shooting. Why, for all that's right, should you have to go crawling, figuratively, to the govt for permission to have a tool to handle them? Either you're trustworthy, or you are not, does a piece of paper suddenly make you more trustworthy? Or the lack of it, less so?

That's why so many of us, myself included, would just as soon do away with many, if not most, regulation. Not because we want to own a nuclear bomb--which isn't a gun, though some use it as an example of why there should be more overt regulation, if not outright banning of guns--but because we may have a pest problem on our farm. Or in our living-room...late at night, with nary a cop in sight.

I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to own a tool with which I can protect myself. ...and I'd just as soon not have the information out there to be seen by who knows who, and possibly used against me. Yes, I'm paranoid. When has my govt. given me reason not to be?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

This is a big step forward for making America great again. Now lets see how this affects the crime rate in our major cities. I think it will have a huge impact on violent crime in Alabama. Time will tell.

Certainly working great for Arizona, what with their 16th ranking in crime and 20th in murders! I wouldn't correlate looser gun laws with lower crime - it's easier for everyone to get guns, even the bad guys. Not saying it's not right or wrong.. just saying not sure how you think everyone owning guns makes America "great." Just means we have more guns, for better or worse.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Well you condone the "Law of the Jungle"; maybe you should brush up on your comprehension skills or scrolls back to your own postings

I condoned that?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

huh? That wasn't even addressed to you...you are making yourself look foolish - which I could have told you from about your 3rd post onwards in this thread - but I thought as seeing you're the thread originator you were going to improve along the way

Much rather look foolish, than be ignorant.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: network dude

And sadly, you aren't mentally capable to think just a tiny bit further on this.

This comment is why I shall not be replying to you any further beyond this post. I have been nothing but polite and respectful, unfortunately you cannot seem to return the favour.

So I should stop replying to you?

Pot calling the kettle black.

Yall ever heard of that down there?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

It always makes me chuckle when non citizens criticize our gun laws.
They do not, and will not understand; just as I will not understand why they allowed their governments to limit their rights.

Logic and common sense - evidenced by the fact that since we "allowed our government to limit our rights" we have not had a single mass shooting. Not one. Zero. Zilch. Nil.

Facts are facts.

Lies are lies too

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Personally, I don't find this anything to celebrate. Beware of drunks, and angry people. Especially drunk angry people.
Especially drunk angry people with road rage or in bars.

Beware of drunks?

How about ban bars, I never could see how they could legally operate.

I would much rather take on a angry drunken enraged person.

But thats just my common sense talking, sorry

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Personally, I don't find this anything to celebrate. Beware of drunks, and angry people. Especially drunk angry people.
Especially drunk angry people with road rage or in bars.

Hence my very first comment in this thread warning that innocent people may get killed due to an argument alone because of this law.

Innocent people die/killed all the time.

Blame your god I guess.

What about the amount of innocent lives that are lost due to cigarettes? Booze? Good ole fashioned stupidity?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
This is great. Honestly, to me and any sane red blooded american its obvious that 10,000 innocent bystanders accidentally shot is well worth the 2-3 criminals who will get their just rewards from this! MAGA!

Actually, did they put a provision in this to exclude non-white / non-christians? If not then BAD DEAL!

I held a christian at gun point for thirty minutes waiting on deputies to arrive just last June.

Why does everyone assume you must shoot someone?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

You have obviously fallen for the lie that we in Australia don't have guns whatsoever.

Gun control doesn't mean gun ban. Gun control here means it is an incredibly strict process to even get a license, followed by limitations on what guns we can own and how we store them at home, and one is subject to random police checks at home if they feel it necessary.

Yes, people still get illegal guns here, but they are incredibly hard to obtain and are almost prohibitively expensive. Well outside the reach of a common criminal.

All of this has been stated multiple times by me in this thread.

Gun Control means using both hands.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Anyway, gotta go again fellas, the wife just yelled at me for staying up most of the night and not coming to bed lol.

I'll pop back in later on.

Right there is the real problem you have.

So your wife allowed you to get a application to buy a gun.

This is a trend in America.

Brainwash the women, then allow them to boss the husband around.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Yes, all of our unconstitutional laws should be upheld because they generate money for the wasteful bloated State at the expense of the slaves, I mean citizens.

Slaves?

Slaves are not armed to my understanding.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

thenewdaily.com.au...
As you are there, is the link story accurate?

Giving up rights makes you less free.
How you "feel" has nothing to do with what you are allowed to do. Your point is moot about concealed handguns as you have no right for one.

We didn't have any issue with them not allowing us concealed handguns because we don't feel the need to carry them. Why is this so difficult to understand?

So yall dont feel the need.

Therfore you come here and insist we should not feel the need either.

Lol

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Before I put the iPad down and sleep, here is the link for how to obtain a firearms license here in my state of New South Wales in Australia. I'm fairly sure the rules are the same for the other states and territories here also:

www.police.nsw.gov.au...

Really?

We just go to a store, individual or gun show parking lot.

I like our way better.

Do you not see the mental disconnect in asking another dumb talking monkey with firearms, for permission to obtain one for yourself.

That does not make you mad as a man to be treated like a child.

May I please have a firearm?

Lol

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

I don't need to look it up mate, the evidence of less crime due to strict gun control is on display in my country on a daily basis.

We aint in your country.

So yeah, look it up.
Dont get in trouble with your wife though.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: dfnj2015

God bless America and everywhere else too! The more people that are blessed the less we will need to carry firearms.

An armed society, is a polite society.

I just hope we do not become complacent again with our paid in blood rights.

I believe in the 2nd Amendment here in the US wholeheartedly... But Japanese society is extremely polite and they are not an "armed"

They are now.

No, they're not.

You don't just walk around wherever you want with a concealed weapon. It's not lawful neither necessary in their society. They hunt, but that's about it.

I meant, now they are polite.

The alternative was annihilation.

Not so polite prior to the 40s

Now they are polite, and our boy.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It's happening all across Alabama. The corruption level is amazing, even for us.

The reason I wanted Bentley out of office is what he tried to do to Huntsville. Back when he was getting almost rabid about demanding a tax increase, one of their state reps opposed him by putting up a billboard informing Huntsville of the fight. In response, Bentley suspended funds for several road projects. If that ain't illegal, it should be.

Our sheriff opposes the new law too; I think they all do. But considering they have turned into a politically-motivated do-nothing bunch of rear exit holes, I really don't care. My neighbor has been robbed three times in the past year; not a thing has been done about it. I personally know one woman who was accosted, and when her husband confronted her attacker, he was threatened with jail time.

We're slowly turning into Louisiana... hopefully this will at least slow the decline.

TheRedneck

Last election for Sheriff, Baldwin County passed a law that only L.E. could run for the office of Sheriff.

A political position, not a L.E. position.

That didnt sit well with my husband.

Considering the incumbent had 0 L.E. experience.
It came off as daddys boy, insider b.s.

So he ran for Sheriff. For the remaining 3 months prior to the election.

Nobody has charged him yet and I doubt seriously any cop or deputy would serve that warrant.

Municipal cops as well as all the non-administrative deputies came out in full force to support him.

Sen. Sessions damn near caused a wreck on 59 in Foley trying to get him to pull over to talk.

Along with his sign for write in Sheriff canidate, he also had signs stating "Vets on the Streets, illegals get the treats" and "entra casa" and "Now you take it Mr. Dassinger" and "do your job Sheriff Mack" and "Mexicans Suck" which many took to be racist. Not understanding that "Mexican" is not a race.

Sure motivated Sen. Sessions.

And now I dont feel like I live in Laredo anymore.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

But just in case you lack google maps we are an island continent we have no borders with a foreign nation

that..was the point.

someone in a protected bubble telling people near a warzone to disarm.

I will blame the failing educational standards of Au to not comprehend this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join