It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Investigating Radical Terrorists in All 50 States as Threats Hit Peak

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Full speech listed from article:
John Kelly's DHS speech at GWU

From the speech:

But make no mistake—we are a nation under attack.
We are under attack from criminals who think their greed justifies raping young girls at knifepoint, dealing poison to our youth, or killing just for fun.
We are under attack from people who hate us, hate our freedoms, hate our laws, hate our values, hate the way we simply live our lives.
We are under attack from failed states, cyber-terrorists, vicious smugglers, and sadistic radicals.
And we are under attack every single day. The threats are relentless..

When people think about DHS, they think about how we respond to terrorism. This is our foundation, given our origin story, and a critical part of what we do. But our jobs are to secure the nation from the many other threats we face—from all hazards. And one of the greatest of which is from transnational criminal organizations (TCOs).
Like terrorists, TCOs inflict unthinkable brutality, and regularly behead their victims.
They intimidate, kidnap and torture those who try to bring law and order.
They buy, sell, and exploit desperate people for their own sick purposes.
They destroy their own communities and bring great shame on their own nations.
They are utterly without laws, conscience, or respect for human life. They take the form of drug cartels, or international gangs like MS-13, who share their business dealings and violent practices. Their sophisticated networks move anything and everything across our borders, including human beings.

Human smugglers take thousands of dollars from truly desperate people—people overwhelmingly escaping a lack of economic opportunity and in some cases high rates of violence in their home country—and then send them on a course that rivals Dante’s journey to hell.
Along the way, these desperate people are often beaten, raped, starved, and robbed of whatever possessions they’ve carried with them. The smugglers make few guarantees—and they offer no refunds.

But more to the point of the "less safe" issue:

For a brief moment after the attacks of 9/11, our nation shook off its complacency, and realized our American values had a mortal enemy called radical Islam. But as the years have passed we’ve grown complacent protected by the effectiveness of our worldwide intelligence collection, and the heroics of all those in uniform including our military, local law enforcement, and the men and women of DHS.
The threat to our nation and our American way of life has not diminished. In fact, the threat has metastasized and decentralized, and the risk is as threatening today as it was that September morning almost 16 years ago.
As I speak these words the FBI has open terrorism investigations in all 50 states [4], and since 2013, there have been 37 [5] ISIS-linked plots to attack our country.
This is all bad news, but it gets much worse. Experts estimate that perhaps 10,000 [6] citizens of Europe have joined the caliphate in Syria and Iraq. Thousands more are from nations in Asia, Africa and the Western Hemisphere. They have learned how to make IEDs, employ drones to drop ordnance, and acquired experience on the battlefield that by all reports they are bringing back home.
And as the coalition we lead wins against what are best described as conventional-terrorist formations in the caliphate, the expectation is that many of these “holy warriors” will survive departing for their home countries to wreak murderous havoc in Europe, Asia, the Maghreb, the Caribbean and the United States. And because many are citizens of countries in our Visa Waiver Program, they can more easily travel to the United States which makes us a prime target for their exported violence.

Like I said, this isn't the OP's fault, but rather the sources lack of speech details. The link I provided has the full speech, and a video of the speech. While many may not like what is being said, it should be said. Though if others still think the info is off, then let's dig into it. though after reading the speech it doesn't seem wrong, and Kelly explains everything out.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So if we keep bombing multiple countries in the Middle East then they'll eventually learn to love us?

Or is it the multiple regime changes, some of whom were voted in? But I'd their ideas don't align with ours then we enforce freedom with bombs?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Who did GW bomb before 9-11 ?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Thank you. I'll say that makes a lot more sense.

His comment about being "blind" was specifically aimed
at Special Interest Aliens.

Special Interest Aliens that move at great expense from vast distances outside the hemisphere along the network into the US. The “special interest” is that they are from parts of the world where terrorism is prevalent, or nations that are hostile to the United States.

That said though, this sure seems like more evidence that
there is indeed a threat to the U.S. from immigration, and
those coming from hostile nations need to be vetted.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Who did GW bomb before 9-11 ?

His dad hit Iraq pretty good.

Not to mention our close ties, funding, and arming of Israel and Saudia Arabia.

If I go mess with another neighborhood in town because one of my friends is their, I wouldn't be surprised if opponents came to my neck of the woods for a little perspective check.

Edit, we also put into power the likes of Sadam, Assad, Gudaffi, and Iran's Ayatollah.
edit on 18-4-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It doesn't matter.

It matters quite a lot.

Federal resources would have to be doubled,tripled, orMORE to cover terror cells in every state in the union.

How many attacks have happened? Not just lone wolf ISIS inspired attacks, but true ISIS attacks?

That's what I thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So you have to go back 12 years before his election.

That's nice.

Although it was at the request of Kuwait.

Since you either couldn't or didn't want to answer that simple question.

The answer was NO ONE.

The preceding 8 years of embassy bombings and US ships getting attacked, and the first world trade center attack is what precipitated it.

Although 9 months later after GW's election 9-11 happened.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Heres three with a body count of several hundred.

Boston,San Bernadino, and Orlando.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

If you give bombs to someone and they use them you're involved.

And if we're splitting hairs, did Iraq, Syria, Yemen, or Libya bomb us?

EDIT, we also helped put Bin Laden and the Taliban in control of Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'd like to know the stats on open investigations of right, Christian and left wing ugh... all forms of terror in addition to Islamic. If a bomb goes off at a mall is it less terrorizing if a white Christian did it it than if a brown Muslim did? If we ban and deport all Muslims will never suffer another terror attack again?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They arrested a radical terrorist today.

FBI arrests Austin man after tip about planned mass shooting
A man is facing firearm charges after the Federal Bureau of Investigation received a tip he was planning a mass shooting.
According to a criminal complaint filed with the U.S. District Court, a source told the FBI that Steven Boehle, 50, was showing signs he supported a “sovereign citizen extremist ideology” that holds anti-government views.

kxan.com...

K~

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Step one, get agents into the mosques in all 50 states.
Step two, round up the raghead radicals with ties to ISIS.
Step three, make it illegal for foreign entities to own mosques give ownership only to citizens who reside in the US. Those owners are easy to screen and monitor for radical ties.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Step four, get that cool red flag back with that weird cross in the middle.

F*** it, we could make a more American one.... Well put stars around the swastika.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Dbl

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

More people in America die of health related issues, yet we put about fifteen percent of tax revenue towards our military that are in all corners of the world.

Someone please tell me how going around projecting freedom through bullets doesn't create enemies.

Great point well put, simple and hopefully duly effective

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Thank ya kindly!

Unfortunately I don't have optimism in that point getting across.

Since WWII, it's estimated the US has killed in the neighborhood of 20 million people. And we've been attacked very few times, most were preemptive war.

So with those numbers not to mention our lives lost and tax money in most cases wasted as we've lost many of those wars, I don't think people are taking notice.

Hell some still get a cubbie just thinking about the idea of getting caught up in another blood bath (mostly those who won't participate in such escapades).

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Step four, get that cool red flag back with that weird cross in the middle.

F*** it, we could make a more American one.... Well put stars around the swastika.

The radical Islamics sided with the Nazis, that is their flag.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And we would be no better if we adopted either of their philosophies.

Right now the radicals are winning. We have far less freedom and privacy while many people welcome that from fear.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Deport all Sovereign Citizens. Can't be too safe.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Let rats in your village and the plague is sure to follow!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join