It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows the traffic in Atlanta?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
After the fire and collapse on I-85 I understand that it royally messed up people's daily commute.

Now I'm hearing that a few lanes on I-20 buckled and closed for a bit.

Also just heard that another section of road is under water at the moment.

So, I just wanted to ask our fellow Atlantians (?) how their commutes have been over the last few days. That is if you've even got the time for ATS lately

This being ATS, I also find it odd how this is all happening shortly after the people voted down a bill to put more money into the roads.

I-20 Buckled
I-85 Bridge Collapse

edit on 18-4-2017 by essentialtremors because: Add link

edit on 18-4-2017 by essentialtremors because: sp is hard

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Roads all over this country are in horrible condition. Some of them are so bad I dread driving anywhere near them, let alone on them. I'm surprised this isn't happening more often honestly.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Are you an independent OTR hauler ?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

I'm an independent contractor through a company. I used to run all 48, now I stay mostly in the Southwest.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah, ok. I'm looking for a guy to haul timber out for me, it's god awful and can't trust the kiddies up here not to bury my rig in the sugar sand. I usually do it myself but I'm looking overbooked for this year.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Traffic has been great for me. The patterns sure have changed and my route to work used to be up the west-side perimeter. That's really gotten worse since the I-85 closure. Now I go through town up I-85 from the southside to I-75 (which is before the closure)and it's a breeze. I wouldn't mind if things stayed this way. 85 should be fixed in June. By then schools will be out and there will be less traffic at rush-hour(s).

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I snapped some pics on the way home ...

I-20 West

Downtown Connector (I-75/I-85)

Well, perhaps that's just the way it feels.

The buckling on I-20 Eastbound resulted from a gas leak, this was repaired overnight and the interstate was back open this am.

I-20 regularly floods in certain spots with rapid heavy rains ... we'll wait to see if the flood destroyed anything.

As to the Volcano that's opened up Downtown ... er ...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
LoL thanks for the replies folks.

I just assumed that Atlanta was closed until further notice.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
LoL thanks for the replies folks.

I just assumed that Atlanta was closed until further notice.

Nah, it'll take a lot more than that to stop us from abandoning our beloved cars! We'd rather just sit in them going nowhere than think of another way to get where we're going

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

We've actually had two other "fires under bridges" since the I-85 collapse that didn't result in that kind of damage.

In fact, having surveyed the area last evening for the first time ... I'm not buying the official explanation at all.

*sets tinfoil hat firmly in place*

I need to go by over there and show you guys the support structures. Massive concrete columns support massive steel beams.

Nope.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

We've actually had two other "fires under bridges" since the I-85 collapse that didn't result in that kind of damage.

What other fires? I don't watch local news (it's awful) so I haven't heard. I did see an Airsteam trailer on fire hooked to a shiny F-150 on the side of 285 on the northwest side last week though. I'm sure it was a total loss.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

In Brookhaven (closed down Buford Highway) and Cheshire Bridge Road.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Last Monday, a week ago, had dr appt at Northside-I live in /Fayetteville-normally about 35 mi ride.
It was hell-bumper to bumper for two and a half hours.

Took 285 s home-same-bumper to bumper-2 and a half hours.

And that was while I was really sick. Totally ill when I finally got home. No more ATL for me. Planning on moving in next year back to Florida-won't miss ATL at all-even tho born here I hate it.

And changing doctors to the southside. Hated ATL before this-so just confirming what a hell hole haha it really is.

edit on 18-4-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Last Monday, a week ago, had dr appt at Northside-I live in /Fayetteville-normally about 35 mi ride.
It was hell-bumper to bumper for two and a half hours.

Took 285 s home-same-bumper to bumper-2 and a half hours.

And that was while I was really sick. Totally ill when I finally got home. No more ATL for me. Planning on moving in next year back to Florida-won't miss ATL at all-even tho born here I hate it.

And changing doctors to the southside. Hated ATL before this-so just confirming what a hell hole haha it really is.

We're practically neighbors Justso. I'm in PTC. My commute is up to 285/75. I now have the new Braves stadium traffic to contend with. I'm dreading the first weekday afternoon game. Awesome facility though.

edit on 4-18-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

May God be with you-take lots of water and food-and maybe tolit paper.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
How was today?

new topics

top topics

join