It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frog snot gives hope for flu cure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Who knew? Froggy snot from a Hydrophylax bahuvistara frog is being studied to create the basis for a new class of drugs to fight influenza.

The mucus of a rare frog that lurks in the South Indian jungle could provide the basis of a powerful new class of drugs to combat influenza, scientists have said.

The bright orange tennis ball-sized Hydrophylax bahuvistara was found to contain “host defence peptides” that proved able to destroy numerous strains of human flu, whilst protecting normal cells.

Researches are excited because of a peptide that binds to protein that is identical to the flu and not one strain, dozens. The scientists call it "urumin". According to the Josh Jacob the frog has a natural immunity, and they just happened on this whole thing. Wonder what they were looking for?

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Researchers are excited because the peptide showed it could bind to a protein that is identical across “dozens” of strains of the disease, increasing its potential potency as a drug.
Scientists at Emory University named the beneficial element "urumin", which can be isolated, after the a sword with a flexible blade that snaps and bends like a whip, which comes from the same Indian province.

“It’s a natural innate immune mediator that all living organisms maintain,” said Josh Jacob, who co-authored the study at Emory University, Georgia.

“We just happened to find one that the frog makes that just happens to be effective against the H1 influenza type.”

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
true or not thats awesome.

humans are capable of some amazing things. wonder why we are so #in stupid. as a people i mean.

the rabbit hole you have to go through to get to where you think about and can study frog snot.
150 years ago they cut your leg off with only a little of grandpas cold medicine for the pain.

we have come along way....in some areas

would be sweet if something came of it

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
true or not thats awesome.

humans are capable of some amazing things. wonder why we are so #in stupid. as a people i mean.

the rabbit hole you have to go through to get to where you think about and can study frog snot.
150 years ago they cut your leg off with only a little of grandpas cold medicine for the pain.

we have come along way....in some areas

would be sweet if something came of it

Don't worry, we'll get a 600$ flu vaccine shot that's not covered by our insurance. ....

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

not me
i just get sick

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Me too.

There's over 700 types of mold in the woods here. Between that and the kids, I catch everything.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

not me
i just get sick

This reply and your picture are A perfect symphony

Surely they will have to cover the costs of all the after market treatments/BS they try to sell us

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I can imagine the advert for this.

"Brand new for this week, go to your local pharmacy and get our new and improved flu vaccine in liquid medicine form or shot".."Buy now and say NO To Flu"..May contain frog snot.

Lol that would be funny.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So we have to snort up frog snot?

I bet the same peptide is in all frogs, but they discovered it existed in a rare frog from far away. That way we will not know that all we have to do is kiss a frog and we won't get the flu.

edit on 18-4-2017 by rickymouse because: fingers are too big for the keyboard.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I hope they make it available in pill form. I don't think I handle taking frog snot in liquid form.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
..May contain frog snot..

First they tell us "don't lick frogs, you might hallucinate "
Now they tell us "Frog snot may cure the flu"

We can't trust these people.
Lol:
edit on 4182017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Lol:

That is why this medicine will cost so much, you will get a buzz that lasts for a month or two from it. You will start chasing bugs and your tongue will grow to catch them.
Some good snot.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

All those side effects are fine with me.
Sign me up for the snot.

Way better than Olestra's. ....

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

not me
i just get sick

This reply and your picture are A perfect symphony

Surely they will have to cover the costs of all the after market treatments/BS they try to sell us

Luckily for me I fall out of the canoe while fishing quite a bit. Next time ,instead of getting mad, I'll just lick frogs and bill my insurance company 1000$ for preventive medicine.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Sweet, resolution provided by Ma Nature, now let's just hope there remains enough habitat for these fellow organisms to sustain or thrive in.
I just envisioned somewhere in a lab there are people blowing pepper into these frogs snouts to make them sneeze.
I kid of course..

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Lol:

Lol i agree it's pretty contradictory of them, next everyone​ with the Flu will be walking round with frogs in their pocket lol... Dought it but sounds funny just the thought of it.

Or buy frog snot now and rid yourself of flu, whilst stocks last.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

What about frog warts?

I'm getting a good 'witches brew' going in the cauldron.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
From this day forward the definitive answer to all things in the universe as well as the response to any statement, to any post, in any thread, on any subject shall be forthwith "Frog Snot".

Buck

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
my snot if rolled into a ball can hold a photo to the wall, let's see if you can get enough frog snot to do that, the flu, lol

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You first.

top topics

join