It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland murder suspect Steve Stephens kills himself after pursuit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

As reluctant as I am to agree with Snopes, the screen shot has smelled fishy to me from the word "go." The spacing between "dark white male" and his name isn't the same as the spacing between other lines, and it's incredibly odd that they would put in a skin tone description before his name, but then go back to physical description. The Fox affiliate says it's a doctored image, and provides a side-by-side comparison of what they say is the original.

Personally, I do think CNN was remiss in not identifying the subject as black while simultaneously not providing a picture of him, but the whole "dark white thing" stinks to high heaven for me.

Kudos to you for being open minded about it, either way.

Seems it is fake afterall.

www.snopes.com...

it was real for those it was intended to be real to. and subconsciously remains so.
edit on 18-4-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: Shamrock6

So you are still on that, eh? Give it up, he's dead.

Lol if anything, you should have directed that comment to me because I brought it up in the OP. He was pointing out that it was likely fake and it was.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Shamrock6

As reluctant as I am to agree with Snopes, the screen shot has smelled fishy to me from the word "go." The spacing between "dark white male" and his name isn't the same as the spacing between other lines, and it's incredibly odd that they would put in a skin tone description before his name, but then go back to physical description. The Fox affiliate says it's a doctored image, and provides a side-by-side comparison of what they say is the original.

Personally, I do think CNN was remiss in not identifying the subject as black while simultaneously not providing a picture of him, but the whole "dark white thing" stinks to high heaven for me.

Kudos to you for being open minded about it, either way.

Seems it is fake afterall.

www.snopes.com...

it was real for those it was intended to be real to. and subconsciously remains so.

The fact that the media did this with Zimmerman made it more believable.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Of the hundreds of murders every week, why was this one so hyped-up by the media? I didn't watch the video. Was it extremely gory or something?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dude was taking video while he rambled about finding a random somebody to kill, found a random somebody who just happened to be a 71 year old man walking home from the store to kill, and then killed them.

All on video.

The hype was fairly well deserved, as it's a pretty extreme case even by "normal" standards of murder.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I feel sorry for the family , robbed of their father and now robbed of justice.

I hope he rots in hell.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Of the hundreds of murders every week, why was this one so hyped-up by the media? I didn't watch the video. Was it extremely gory or something?

Well it wasn't from my perspective but i guess the outrage resulted more from the way how he killed the poor old man. It was just stone cold and he didn't show any remorse after the point blank shot to the head. From all his rantings i saw i expected a lot more victims to be honest. I'm glad he is dead though and the other 15 victims were just ramblings from a maniac.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

well i think it was 'hyped up' (at first) by social media (from facebook it exploded outwards). the news caught up soonafter.

but your question is very pertinent. why the fuss? murders happen all the time.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Ah..OK. I didn't know that this was the first live-streamed murder. Wait a minute.. there was a guy who streamed himself murdering a TV reporter while she was broadcasting. About 2 years ago. Remember?

Guess I'm just jaded now. Streaming Rapes, Streaming Murders, Streaming Suicides... blah blah.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't think it was actually livestreamed, but the initial reports were that it was. I think it was "just" uploaded after the fact and people thought it was live. That's the last I'd heard, anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It wasn't live. He uploaded a pre recording of the murder but false news spread fast and well it was Facebook and Twitter though a lot of people tweeted without thinking.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Thank-you. Must have been a slow news day.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Thank-you for the reason(s) why this went to the top of the news so quickly over the weekend. Makes me glad that I don't have a FaceBook or Twitter account.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
While I agree with the sentiment that it's good that he's now gone, it does little to provide closure to the family of the victim who will never get to see justice.

I would have much preferred him to be caught and locked up for the rest of his life. I'd even look the other way if the death penalty was applied, despite my staunch opposition to it normally.

edit on 18/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Good.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Guns in the wrong and not properly vetted and followed hands is all I have to comment...

I'm glad in a way that I am in Europe where firearm laws are much stricter when it comes to following up on mental health/criminal records. MEGA STRICT.

For info I have 6 different shotguns, two high power rifles for hunting and 2 pistols for sports.

All are broken down and pieces are in different places for security apart from 1 firearm for family protection.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Agreed. Down here in Oz I'm looking into getting my firearms license and I have no problem with having to jump through a few hoops to get it - those "hoops" enable me to live in a society where I don't fear driving down the street (or walking, in the case of this poor man) and getting shot.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ah..OK. I didn't know that this was the first live-streamed murder. Wait a minute.. there was a guy who streamed himself murdering a TV reporter while she was broadcasting. About 2 years ago. Remember?

Guess I'm just jaded now. Streaming Rapes, Streaming Murders, Streaming Suicides... blah blah.

Yes, and that "murder" was fake bull# too. Happened allegedly 20 miles from where I worked and I had actually interacted with this alleged killer, more than once. He came into my shop again, a few months after he supposedly shot that reporter and then died himself. They should have picked a guy that wasn't local.

But it doesn't matter because less than a week after the alleged event, no one ever heard another thing about it, and didn't care to question that, not one little bit. Why? Because it never happened.

I don't know why they did that stunt back then, and I'm not certain why they pulled this one. But it was absolutely fake. Distraction? Rubbing it in our faces, just how gullible and easily led we are?

Have you ever known someone was lying to another person and tried to warn that person, but they chose to believe the liar? It's frustrating. This is the same...only the liar is able to deceive millions of people rather than just one.

And they are so very good at the deception that no matter how many people try to warn others of the duplicity, they will dismiss and ridicule that warning as nonsense and the people trying to impart it as delusional, and choose the pretty lie instead. I usually avoid the topic myself, actually...I prefer not to deal with the backlash because it just invites unwanted negativity into my space.

Well. I am beyond caring at this point. I'm finding my sack of fvcks to be woefully empty these days. These incidents are being staged, period. And the delusional ones are actually those who, despite numerous clear indications that something is very, very wrong here, continue to fall for the deception; continue to overlook the obvious signs that they're being played.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

By still on that; I mean whining about something pointless.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

By still on that; I mean whining about something pointless.

Like you are now, you mean?
edit on 18-4-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join