It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

It's not the coffee... Every once in a while I need to renew myself. Shed my old skin, in a manner of speaking. When I don't or can't do that, I accumulate faults and my mind becomes like this. It's as if I'm having every thoughts at once instead of linearly.

My apologies.

Well, if you do it in here - remember to clean up the old one! sheesh.

Write it ALL down... there could be some GEMS in there... or narrate it into a video so that you don't miss/forget anything?

G

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
True – I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Losing someone special is always hard. And I am sorry that you lost her so many years ago and have now been robbed of the grieving process. Because although you don’t see it, that is what happened. You slowly lost her while she was still with you, something that is very hard to do. Remember the amazing tales she would spin for you, for this is the woman that you love. She will always be with you in that time. [[[HUGS]]]

a reply to: TNMockingbird
Chirp that was beautiful! And so very true!

a reply to: jacygirl
Sorry you got up so early. Hey, how did the note on the door do? LOL, I wonder what they thought.

a reply to: WalkInSilence
Is there anything better than bacon? I mean realy, it smells awesome and taste like heaven (and it even kills ISIS, LOL)

a reply to: swanne
Sometimes I think if I would see you there would honestly be smoke coming out of your ears. Your mind seems to go at 100 mps. Have you tried meditation to heal your mind?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I actually use a form of "meditation" thing to reboot myself, but I'm currently lacking the time and place to do it!

And now I gotta head to work...

Ah well, see ya later, hopefully.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I was going to say: "NURSE NURSE!!! John's gotten out of his room again!"
But I know how busy our psychiatric staff are just now... what with jacy and everything.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good morning everyone! You coffee drinkers. I don't know how you do it. While I love the smell, one sip and my body says, "GOOD GOD, WHAT IS THAT FOULNESS?"

@ True: I am so sorry about your grandmother. I just lost mine on the 4th of March, after 5 years of Dementia/Alzheimer's. It is so hard.
But I like to think she is with papa again, and happy, and that gets me through.

I got some bad news last night. My mom called, and it is probable, that she has Parkinson's. She already has so much going on, and watching my neighbors wife go through it, knowing what's coming, just sucks. She will know for sure within a month, but her hand tremors are pretty telling, and the doctor is leaning that way.
The worst part? Even her doctor thinks that everything she has, which are all neurological, are from environmental factors. Which all lead to the town she grew up in, that was poisoned by a chemical plant, from the 50's to the late 70's, early 80's.
The kicker? The EPA gave this company a pass. They never had to clean up the land, nor can they be held responsible.

So frustrating.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I think the shrinks themselves will be in need of a shrink after examining me. My Inverse Descartian Proposition is sure to make alot of them ponder, for a very very long time...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What is Inverse Descartian Proposition?

a reply to: chiefsmom
Morning mom! As for the coffee, mine looks like a light tan sandy beach. It has lots of cream and sugar. They tease me that I drink a little coffee with my sugar, if that gives you an idea. I don't like bitter.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Morning everyone!

Been a bit of a day already. First thing this morning we got a call from my aunt, telling me that grandma had passed away in her sleep during the night. She did not have the capacity to recognise most of her family, including yours truly, for the last four or five years in any case, so I cannot say that I am sad that she is free of that circumstance. I suppose I feel differently about her death than I though I would when I was a boy. When I was a lad, I used to think that upon hearing the news I would burst into tears, because me and my grandma had some great times together. Memories of baking rock cakes, gardening, and the outrageous stories she used to invent on the fly, just to amuse me, I felt sure, would scour my heart.

And I AM sad, but I suppose I feel like I lost my grandma years ago, when she no longer remembered my face, my name, when she could not register the death of her husband, when in reality, she lost herself. I hope that wherever her soul resides, she is whole again. That would be a great comfort to me.

True, I'm sad for you.

You were very blessed to have your grandma in your life. She gave you something very special. (the gift of her time and patience.)

I hope your beautiful little boy is blessed with someone like that in his life.

What are "Rock cakes"?

Aww.. Rock Cakes
allrecipes.co.uk...
edit on 4-5-2017 by crappiekat because: to add link

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Also. The excess of energy (or lack thereof) from E =/= mc2 could provide for the motion in time. This might lead us on a link with entropy, which could be represented by zero point energy. It might provide for a link between Quantum mechanics and Einsteinian formulas. On a not-so-similar topic, a programming-like logic gate can be formed using pure algebra: the statement "if (variable = 0) [ function ] else [ false ]" can be duplicated by the simple formula of "0^variable [function]". Only in the event that variable = 0 will the formula become true (0^0 = 1), whereas if the variable is not equal to 0 the formula will be false (0^(>0) = 0).

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

"If you think not, then therefore you exist not. "

It's not merely the negative of Descartes' original proposition. Unlike the original proposition (though implied by the original proposition), the inverse-Descartian proposition is paradoxical - you are required to think to realise the absence of thoughts. Which then places the original proposition itself in a paradox with its negative form.

edit on 4-5-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
Also. The excess of energy (or lack thereof) from E =/= mc2 could provide for the motion in time. This might lead us on a link with entropy, which could be represented by zero point energy. It might provide for a link between Quantum mechanics and Einsteinian formulas. On a not-so-similar topic, a programming-like logic gate can be formed using pure algebra: the statement "if (variable = 0) [ function ] else [ false ]" can be duplicated by the simple formula of "0^variable [function]". Only in the event that variable = 0 will the formula become true (0^0 = 1), whereas if the variable is not equal to 0 the formula will be false (0^(>0) = 0).

See if you make me into a math problem I can follow you. It makes me look like code and makes sense to me.
So could you code your repair? You know as a logic loop?

If "X" wavelength needs to be repaired then it will relax and repair if "X" wavelength is OK then move on to "X" +1. You could then slowly tick through the lines of your brain. I know it will take longer but maybe a way to allow you to function why still doing repairs?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Logic? Hm, logic is okay, I guess; it does make for a sturdy boat to sail reality upon.

But my true essence is not one of mere logic... It's a bridge, a meeting point between many more domains.

edit on 4-5-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I am very blessed to know you all.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ladies of the Shed Realms...
May I present....

The Shed Bracelet!

For my Type of Girl!! LOL

G

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
See there is a good man. Finding the perfect jewelry for his ladies. Ah, how awesome. I think Salted Caramel will go nicely in there

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

OMG! I WANT ONE!!! LOL

@ Marty: So what is this salted caramel you speak of? Is it a whiskey? Because it sounds good.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The most amazing whisky in the world!

Ole Smokey Moonshine

It is an amazing place. They ship the moonshine but won't ship the whiskey

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That's strange. Is the whiskey more of a "limited edition" kind of thing?

Because I would love to try it!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
No, I don't know why they won't ship it. It has been down there for years! They have tons of different flavors. BUT you have to drive to the Smokey Mountains if you want the Whiskey. I haven't found anywhere that carries it. Their moonshine is good (and can be shipped) but it is a weaker version. The whiskey is the real deal

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I rarely have anything useful to say when folks lose a loved one, but for what it's worth you have my condolences, and my prayers are with you & your family. One of my grandmothers had a mind still as sharp as a tack at the end. The other had Alzheimer's and thought my father was my grandfather, thought I was my uncle, and was very confused about who my uncle was. As it was with yours, we felt as though she had already been gone some time before her body died.

Dougie's story was excellent, Gordi!

OK, Admin, can you explain to this ignorant and sheltered Shepherd what the whole "May the Fourth Be With You" meme is? Of course I understand the Star Wars reference, but what's with the date? Freakin' Cortana greeted me with it this morning!

Whiskey Tango Alpha...um...Heck?

Swanne, my friend, this was WAY the heck above my pay grade. LOL

a reply to: another swanne post
I remember a developmental psychologist talking about how kids will enter stages where they need to rebuild themselves, essentially. The metaphor they used was a tower of blocks. A three-year-old might have a tower that's 3 blocks tall. But when they grow and add a new block, they can't just stack it on top. They tear the tower down, and rebuild it differently with 4 blocks.

I thought the idea was fascinating and in different ways I've seen it in play in my own Shepherditos.

This kind of thing upsets me. If the EPA does not have the authority to hold entities to account for what they do to the environment, then exactly how is the Environmental Protection Agency going about the business of protecting said environment?

My family lost a one of the grandchildren (a niece of mine) to a brain tumor. The (multiple) oncologists swore up and down there were no environmental factors and it was completely random. OK, then why do the cases occur in clusters?

Sorry - *focus Shepherd!* - My thoughts and prayers are with your family on this, chiefsmom.

Admin and Swanne - you guys lost me somewhere around inverse Descartian thingy.

edit on 5-4-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: Curly brace, straight brace, all UNICODE!

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join