It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

But ... but ... but I wanted to see the Elephants in the rail cars.

Boo hiss lol

P

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: gimmefootball400

But ... but ... but I wanted to see the Elephants in the rail cars.

Boo hiss lol

P

Or lions!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, I will just have to step up to the plate and do it myself.

Lol.

P

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Oh that is adorable! Now I want a set! LOL

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
OMG, I must get to bed, look at the time!!!!!!!! 5:29 am.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Morning everyone!

Been a bit of a day already. First thing this morning we got a call from my aunt, telling me that grandma had passed away in her sleep during the night. She did not have the capacity to recognise most of her family, including yours truly, for the last four or five years in any case, so I cannot say that I am sad that she is free of that circumstance. I suppose I feel differently about her death than I though I would when I was a boy. When I was a lad, I used to think that upon hearing the news I would burst into tears, because me and my grandma had some great times together. Memories of baking rock cakes, gardening, and the outrageous stories she used to invent on the fly, just to amuse me, I felt sure, would scour my heart.

And I AM sad, but I suppose I feel like I lost my grandma years ago, when she no longer remembered my face, my name, when she could not register the death of her husband, when in reality, she lost herself. I hope that wherever her soul resides, she is whole again. That would be a great comfort to me.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said Pete.
Safe journey to your gran, and a big hug to your good self.

The boys are off School today because it is being used as a polling station for the local council elections, and wee Dougie INSISTED that I publish his "book" on the internet!!
So, HERE it is!
CHOCOLATE BUSTERS by Dougie(7).

G

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

The cows came home!! And they brought attitude!!

Good Morning, Shed Royal Family Members.

I'm here with my coffee hiding from the impending apocalypse. According to all the public alerts we are about to have the sky fall on us...rain...rain...and more rain.

More personal replies will be forthcoming, as soon as caffeine and brain cells meet up.
Love to all,
jacy

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Hoping you have peace and comfort in knowing her physical suffering has ended. I don't know what the typical grieving period is (if there even is one!) but, I still think about Mom every day. I just try hard now to only think of good times. I think I can relate to

I suppose I feel like I lost my grandma years ago, when she no longer remembered my face, my name, when she could not register the death of her husband, when in reality, she lost herself

When Mom's kidney failed (along with other things going on) and her brain was poisoned beyond saving, I think in my heart I knew Mom (the essence of Mom) had gone already. Didn't make it much easier to let her go but, it was selfish of me...at that point...to hang on.

Good thoughts for you True!
edit on 4-5-2017 by TNMockingbird because: wat is the dealio with te 'h' key?!!!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!!!

Jacy - I was wondering when they would make it home! Hahaha! Is that cow giving a raspberry?

edit on 5/4/2017 by Martin75 because: OMGosh how did I NOT see the date!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Jacy - I was wondering when they would make it home! Hahaha! Is that cow giving a raspberry?

Marty...Hey girl! Yup, that cow is expressing my feelings about certain Shed-haters, lol.

Thelma/Chirp/Bird Beautiful sentiments hunny. Grief doesn't leave us, we just learn to live with it.

TrueBrit *hugs* to you, I'm sorry to read about your Grandma.
Every day my mama-in-law (90, Alzeheimer's) tells me that she wants Jesus to take her. She is ready to go and be with everyone she's lost now...husband, eldest son, parents, etc. etc.
I know it's not much comfort, but I just want you to know that I do understand your feelings about how you lost her years ago. You know we're all here for you...anytime.

Sorry guys, been up 4 hours already and still groggy. (*yawn, stretch, ouch! bitch/moan/whine*)
jacy

edit on 4-5-2017 by jacygirl because: forgot a bracket...it's early

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thank you.

I appreciate the huggings, and the sentiments you have expressed.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

How are you doing, are you okay?

It's awful to lose a loved one, regardless of the situation. There is still a feeling of loss in your heart.
When my own mother was so "gone" with her Alzheimer's she didn't know who I was. That was painful beyond words.
Days later she was gone completely. It was over 10 years ago and I still feel the loss.

I'm glad you're coming to visit us here again. You have been missed.
jacy

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ah yes, May the Fourth Be With You too.

a reply to: Martin75
True Big Hugs to you regarding your Grand Mama. I see she taught you to be a words smith.
Gordi What a nice story the wee one published there. Tell him Auntie WIS thinks it is nice of him that he let you make the drawings.
Is there an analogy to whiskye in there? Too much whiskey, whiskey raining from the sky?
Jacy I am so happy the cows came home.
Chirp Waves across cyber space. Love you much.

edit on 4-5-2017 by WalkInSilence because: blah

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow, have you guys heard about the Yukon Earthquakes? Ha, so many fools who believe that the tools of men are men! Ooh, dolphins can pass the mirror test! I love dolphins. Reading... Time has invented so many definitions for Despair. But that which remains after the Pandora Box has spilled across our world, transcends Time - Hope. What are the concerns of humans when put in perspective with the birth and death of stars, and the epic battle for the very existence of matter? Maybe Beauty is the lack of perfection. Energy is not equal to mass times the square of the speed of light. Consider a particle traveling on a linear spacetime - its energy will be cumulative of the curved spacetime interval, as it travels at c in its shortcut path; or interaction with quantum jitter might instead slow it down. I hope the Queen is doing okay, this emergency meeting at the Buckingham Palace is kind of making me feel concerned. And a leaf fell gently unto the ancient ground.

edit on 4-5-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hi guys.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
My mind is so full of thoughts right now. My brain feels like a machine on full throttle, with no brakes, furiously running on its track to nowhere.

I need to find a dark, calm place to rest...

I need to make myself new again...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Ok, NO MORE COFFEE for John!!!

Hiya back atya!
G

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

It's not the coffee... Every once in a while I need to renew myself. Shed my old skin, in a manner of speaking. When I don't or can't do that, I accumulate faults and my mind becomes like this. It's as if I'm having every thoughts at once instead of linearly.

My apologies.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Gordi What a nice story the wee one published there. Tell him Auntie WIS thinks it is nice of him that he let you make the drawings.
Is there an analogy to whiskye in there? Too much whiskey, whiskey raining from the sky?

Thank you, I will!

It took me ages to draw them, and I had to look up how to spell... chockolatte!

Analogy?, well it does remind me about the story where thousands of men in Aberdeen were spotted standing outside holding empty whisky glasses up to the sky, because they had heard there was going to be a nip in the air that night... (Aberdonians are known for being especially frugal with their money.)

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join