It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Yes, that's what my pasta salad looks like except I added black olives to mine. Delicious! I won't breathe a word about the sammiches to the idiots. LOL

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Whispers, "good morning".
I see everyone is still sleeping.

I'm going to start the donut machine and put the coffee on.
Lurkers are invited to join me, but please climb through the kitchen window...the door is squeaky.

*puts blankets over passed out Shedsters*
It is good.

jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hi guys!

Ah, I'm so glad to be back!!

A bit sleepy right now, but coffee's pouring!

Hey guys. I've got some, um, interesting news.

As some of you know, I remember a bit of my last lives. So Tuesday I drew a castle in which I remember living in, a long time ago; and me and my friend looked in history books to try and get a fix on the date. Turns out the castle was associated with a specific historical era. The era was some 500 years ago.

My mind was officially blown.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Hey swanne! That's fascinating!
I personally have never had a past life memory, and often wonder if I'm new here, lol.

Did you find a location for the castle? I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would love to hear more about this.

jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I have deliberately avoided hearing about up and coming concerts and performances, for the simple reason that I can afford to go to precisely none of them. But I AM looking forward to this years Bloodstock, as a great host of my friends will be coming with us this year, a small army compared with our usual expeditionary force!

Lots of silliness is bound to occur, and I am very much looking forward to it!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thats the main thing, eh!

Enjoying the thing, even if the hangover is... less than welcome.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hey PrairieShepherd.

I hope your day is proceeding in acceptable fashion.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Maybe it's a good thing that you don't remember.

I am not Christian, but I do think Jesus has some good points. And in one of his rants, he explains that those with alot of knowledge cannot see Heaven. And when you think about it, it makes sense. Knowing your past lives is pretty much useless; memories of the dark times you've seen only fills you with anger and erodes your hopes. But look at a child. Children are full of hope, naive, wonder, magic, silly. That's heaven: a clean slate, being new again. And you lose all as you grow older, and witness and remember the darkness you've gone through.

Maybe you're actually lucky, and have more chance experiencing this "heaven" than I do. In fact maybe you have already seen "heaven", and now that your soul has been made a clean slate, you as a heavensent remembers a bit less than someone more "earthbound" like me.

edit on 27-4-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

The only people who should be kicked out of the kitchen are the
3 idiots.They are a disaster in the making and should never be
allowed around anything sharp or with pointy ends.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

swanne, what you wrote actually makes a lot of sense to me.

I am child-like, naïve and idealistic.
It sadly attracts the dark & twisty types who have wanted to destroy that aspect of my character...but cannot.

I am truly interested in hearing stories from those who have past life experiences because I cannot relate.
You're quite insightful...it's refreshing.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

*puts blankets over passed out Shedsters*

Thanks for the blanket Jacy, you are always thoughtful to us!
Good Morning everyone else.
Sorry I've been in and out...just meh/blah lately. This too shall pass!
I've been, admittedly, lurking and IT IS GOOD to see both new folks and the lifers (waves at True). Group hug time!

Hope your day is fantastic and full of glittery rainbows!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Cough! *hacks up a glitter ball*

You were talking in your sleep Thelma. Something about "vodka" and "road trip".
Sorry I put the blanket over your face. (I needed to buy some time to pack my bags.)

Good to go now, I'll be waiting near the unicorn enclosure.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Aww, this was very sweet, Jacy.

Well, now, that's pretty interesting. May I ask which castle it was?

I think Jesus was probably referring to the Pharisees (as he often did) who hid behind their religiosity and knowledge of scripture to maintain their wealth and power. In Matthew, one of his challenges to them (referred to as the Seven Woes) was essentially that they were supposed to be the ones who drew the Jews closer to God, but they were doing the exact opposite. They used the scriptures and their vast knowledge of them to deny that Jesus was the Messiah. What he was saying was essentially, "Look, you have God the Son standing in front of you, and you use the Word of God to deny he's there."

I find your insight into this fascinating and true - we (meaning humanity as a whole) tend to do the same thing over and over at multiple levels. We make things like faith, loyalty, truth, mercy, love, and justice so complicated and over-thought that their spirit gets lost. I am a Christian, and I know many of us believers do exactly that - sometimes we make Christianity so complicated and overbearing that we do exactly what the Pharisees did - we turn people off from it.

As I've said in other places here on ATS - if you believe in God, don't put God in a box. Your box will never, ever be big enough. I think the3 same can be said for the attributes I listed above. Don't cover truth and mercy and love with darkness. Take them out of the box and let them shine.

a reply to: TrueBrit
Quite so. A little unusual but not entirely unheard of. We woke up to 1/2" of snow this morning. Winter wants to keep its frigid talons in Minnesota for quite some time this Spring, apparently. It sure made for a beautiful morning landscape, however - a strange contrast of vibrant green, budding purple flowers, and soft snow on all the branches of the trees and blades of new grass.

To add to that, while driving in we believe we spotted an albino pigeon. So, a quite uncommon morning here on the prairie.

I suspect you are nearing the beginning of your evening, though, yes? How has your day been?

a reply to: TNMockingbird
Good morning, Chirp dear! "This too shall pass" - my grandmother - and thus my mother - would pull that little nugget out on a regular basis. As a kid, you roll your eyes. As an adult, you realize how ignorant and irreverent you were as a kid.

mamabeth, Night Star, Chooch, and any of you lurkers out there - have a wonderful donut coffee Black & Tan bacony Shed day!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Indeed, the veil of evening is drawing in, somewhat at least. Sundown will probably be about quarter to eight this evening today.

It has been a slow day. Little money coming in, few people out in the streets. A quiet time. The sky has been overcast all day, which I have been personally enjoying very much (because it means I do not have to wear my shades, or baste myself in factor fifty suncream), and the temperature has been quite low for the time of year, which I am also enjoying a great deal, because sweat absent the necessity for the physical work to bring it forth, aggravates me no end!

I wish I was where you are though. The kind of weather you are getting is literally made for me. Snow is my favourite kind of precipitation!
edit on 27-4-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error corrected.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Ah-ha...you have snow?

It's in the high 80's here and humid.

You are officially no longer allowed to make Canada-snow jokes to me, like ever.
*grabs donut and runs for the door*

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I really enjoy the way you talk, TrueBrit.

Interestingly, considering where I live, I really prefer summer over winter. That said, what I most dislike is the transitions between the two. I like it either sunny & hot, or 15-20 degrees F with a foot & a half of snow on the ground. In general, I can do without the spring mud and the autumnal descent into frigidity. "Let's just turn the switch and get this over with, shall we?"

Now, have I ever teased you about snow? I thought we established I'm actually farther north than you are, yes? And, I think you may have a marine moderation effect going on in your area, unless I'm mistaken. We get the cold winds blowing down from Alberta - once you're on the lee of the Rockies (Canadian OR American), there's virtually nothing to stop the winds except some stray deer and elk.

edit on 4-27-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: It's "once upon a time", not "pnce upon a time". Sheesh

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I forgot you are above me.
*bows head in shame*

No, you are one of the few who don't mock my Canadian-ness.

I have no idea where it's coming from, only that the black clouds are moving in and it looks apocalyptic out there now. (and I have to go out shortly)

If I don't return, please carry on without me.
Wait...no...changed my mind...please send either The Rock or John Cusack because they know what to do!
(watch too many movies jacy? nope, pass me a donut)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I forgot you are above me.
*bows head in shame*

No, you are one of the few who don't mock my Canadian-ness.

I have no idea where it's coming from, only that the black clouds are moving in and it looks apocalyptic out there now. (and I have to go out shortly)

If I don't return, please carry on without me.
Wait...no...changed my mind...please send either The Rock or John Cusack because they know what to do!
(watch too many movies jacy? nope, pass me a donut)

*Hands Jacy a donut and a DVD of "Reign of Fire"*
Christian Bale is just so much more bad-azz than John Cusack. Plus it has one of my favorite lines: "Creedy's own black label. Aged two weeks in a steel barrel. Now, the secret's swallowing fast. That way it only burns your stomach and not your throat."

I can't mock your Canadian-ness. Generally, if I go to any other state in the U.S. and tell them I'm from Minnesota, they say, "Oh that's in Canada, right?"

When I was a kid, I went to New York City on a school trip. We told a guy in this clothing shop in SoHo that we were from Minnesota, and he said "Oh, is that upstate?" I just said, "Yeah you could say that."

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Indeed!

We seem to get far too much of the transitional phase, and too little of the bite of winter here. We get plenty of thrice cursed bloody sun though. It burns, IT BURNS I TELL YE!

That being said, it could be worse. At least I do not live somewhere impossible, like Florida, or, as I would call it if I ever had the ability to visit, hell. I roast alive in temperatures above 18 degrees C, so you KNOW I would die a thousand deaths between the terminal and the cab outside the airport!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
See now, this is a place you & I differ. Not that I enjoy Florida, mind you - they have venomous snakes in the water, spiders & scorpions, and large reptiles that will EAT YOU.

In Minnesota, we have squirrels. Lots of squirrels.

However, I do not mind heat. Even serious heat. I was on a business trip to Phoenix once in the last week of July. It was 106 degrees F in the shade. I went running. Up a hill.

new topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join