It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Alright, lets try it this way. It's the first way I learned and still use it for some replies...
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Refresh page

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Type replies under each person's name.

I'm NOT tech savvy...
*fingers crossed* that it makes a little sense!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Even my technotarded ass mostly understands that so...thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If a GIF file is too big, I use ezgif.com to shrink it down like a photo (the pixels).
Usually 300 by 300 works for most and also I think you can 'slow' it down on that site as well.
Anyway, I've had good success with it.

I don't have fancy program stuff on my comp.
edit on 18-4-2017 by TNMockingbird because: oops! I did NOT spell as correctly for how the word I intended needed to be spelled LOL

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Even my technotarded ass mostly understands that so...thanks

You are more than welcome!

edit on 18-4-2017 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This is how I reply to multiple people, except for two changes.

I copy like Chirp in steps 2 & 3, but I paste it into another program like Word, Notepad, or Notepad++.

Then between step 3 & 4, you don't actually have to refresh the page. Just hit "reply" on the next person's post you want to reply to. As long as you don't actually change the content in the reply to box, the "a reply to:" bit of text will update to the next person's post.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Hey Thelma! Thank you for the pictures!
I will try this.

I also didn't know about gif sizes, and wondered why some of mine don't "move" after I've posted them.
(I feel like the poster child for technotard, which hurts because I used to know what I was doing.)

I remember when I first got online (first computer) and I had ICQ chat (remember that anybody?...the sound was like somebody saying, "Uh-oh!"). People I met in a certain chat site would basically walk me through procedures like uploading pics, etc. until I could do it on my own.

Not just another purty face, are you girlfriend?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Happy smiling coffees and good mornings for everyone

And another ~*~Happy Birthday Hug~*~ for the Birthday Elf!

Gifs! Gifs everywhere!
The following will always be one of my favourite gifs, and I still thank onehuman for making it.

He's so happy! I can't watch that and not smile.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

ICQ, you say?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Me, Myself, and I - My Story ---- PART ONE

Writing this was much needed to get if off of my chest and for all to understand me better. I am keeping this as short as I can so feel free to ask away any questions.

Tears are falling as I write this as I am listening to the radio and every once in a while a song will play that reminds me of my late wife. Music was her world. I'll try to explain that later as I go along here.

My first change in life's plans for me took place when I was 17 years old. I made good grades in high school and was planning on going to college the next fall. Shortly before Christmas my plans were changed when I flipped a motorcycle my dad had bought me. I don't remember the exact term but I suffered a traumatic brain injury. I couldn't walk as my left side was paralyzed. Most of my memory of my life was gone as well. I recovered from the paralysis and learned to walk, mostly on my own, as insurance only paid for a small amount of physical therapy. I had a teacher who I knew teach me at home and I managed to graduate.

To this day I have problems walking not falling, and stairs are hell for me to use. Some words take a bit of time to come out of my mouth as I have trouble finding the right word to say. As I said, I lost most of my 17 years of memory and felt I was just born having to learn everyday things again.

I worked low paying jobs, got married, and bought a house. The marriage didn't last but a few years. I think this was her fault for not being ready to marry. The house was more than I could afford so I moved to a cheap apartment. The sad part was having to get rid of a dog and several cats. I bought a stuffed toy cat to keep me company as I was all alone now. Worked as a security guard until I got burned out of the low pay and long hours. Found work as a photographer, making a few friends along the way. The company shut down and I worked for a few months for one of the cruise lines. That was way too much work so I quit and ended up moving to another state and lived live with one of my photography friends. I worked in the travel industry for about 12 years.

Shortly after the move and starting the new job I met the woman I would marry. She had back problems and was very bi-polar. Music was always a part of her life. She took an internship for a Grammy Award winning musician. Later she worked as a music. Overall she worked with or at least met over the phone about 100 musicians/celebrities.

Towards the end of my travel industry career I started missing too much work. First there was my encounter with poison oak. Followed by missing days due to my wife having back surgery or weight reduction surgery. My work duties had doubled at this time as well making my job impossible. I told them that I couldn't mentally process all of this and needed a reassignment. Unfortunately there was no change available and they let me go. I was receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) at this time for some unknown reason and with my wife's Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) we could somewhat get by. I couldn't work anyway as my wife was bedridden and needed a nurse of sorts to help with her needs.

With the help of the city we were living in I was able to go to college. A neighbor took care of my wife while I was gone. My plan was to get a degree as an occupational therapy assistant. I chose that field as it would help my wife to recover and I wanted to get in the medical field. This was a two year program that I could handle. I completed year one, the basic college courses and begun year two. Unfortunately someone was busy texting instead of driving and rear ended my car. this hurt my lower back. I could hardly walk at all. Because of this I had to end any college plans that I had.

I took care of my wife the best that I could over the next three years.

CONT...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hi hun.
I'm still here, and I'm reading your story.
*hugs*

I'm glad you found your way to The Shed. That's all I'm going to say for now until I've read the next part.
jacy

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Me, Myself, and I - My Story ---- PART TWO

This was around the time that the Twilight movies came out and my wife was hooked on the concept of moving to the Pacific Northwest. After researching areas to move to I feel in love with Portland Oregon. We found a house and were planning on moving somehow that summer.

This is when I had my heart and soul ripped. Our two cats were standing next to each other in the hall by the bedroom as if I needed to see what was going on. I went in and found that my wife had died in her sleep. This was something that I was not prepared for as no one has written an user guide to losing a spouce. I was stunned and couldn't think strait. My brain was in such a fog that I was lost.

I had some help from my step-daughters and my therapist to get through this. The youngest step-daughters doesn't talk to me anymore but she was never one to talk much anyway.

Problem number one was the issue of not having any life insurance. It was something that I never thought about as my wife has so many older relatives that were dying every few months. We thought of dying as more of an old people problem. One of the first things I did as I no longer had her SSDI payments was to file for Disabled Widow’s Insurance Benefits. I spent a long time with Social Security on the phone only to find out that I couldn't get it. My cell phone was shut off by ATT&T by the end of the call too. A few short months later Social Security stopped paying me my SSI. I enquired as to why and they could not give me an answer. This left me with zero income. I have been fighting with them ever since and have had two hearing so far and lost both. Hopefully no. three will be the winner.

As I was with out options on how to live away from family I tracked down (via Facebook) a photography friend. She was nice enough to fly up and help me move what I could back to my parent's house 600+ mile away. I lost a lot of belonging as I couldn't move them in my mini-van. I don't have the van anymore either as I couldn't make the payments. Yes, my two cats came with me as they are my children.

I've tried working but jobs for someone who hasn't worked in seven years are hard to find. I did fine a bit of work but had to quit due to my back. I have been spending my time looking for a job I could do online at home. Of course 90% of those are scams and/or need money to start. Earlier this year I found the perfect online job in the travel industry that I can do at home. I received their computers and was waiting for their class to start in a few days and had my heart attack. Of course I missed class and mailed their equipment back as I am not in shape for now to do the job. I have doctor and hopefully a cardiologist to see over the next few months to tell me how my heart is doing. If I can I'll contact that business then to tell them I can work for them. Until then I await finding out when my next hearing is and passing the time with you

Blue Dude.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I just finished reading the second part, and I'm a little lost for words.

I've actually been e-mailing all day with a member from here who I've recently befriended, and her story is different but equally sad and filled with pain and tragedy. I actually know quite a few people who are in the same age group as you and I, with stories that are similar...and I too can relate in so many ways.

A lot of us in The Shed are constantly trying to support each other as we deal with our sickness or injuries, money problems, etc. I occasionally go "off the radar" with my own back pain (from domestic abuse) or a two-day migraine that keeps me in bed. But I'm here if you ever want to talk, either in the thread...private messages, or e-mail.

There seems to be a rather constant theme for some of us. Lack of support (or lack of family or estranged family)...loss of work (due to injury or illness)...and an overwhelming feeling of sadness and loneliness. Some of us believed that there was a safety net in place, only to find out that we fall through the cracks or don't qualify for whatever aid is available.

I give you credit for opening up here, and I offer my friendship in return. (I'm sure I speak for most of us in The Shed...it's kind of a common bond). Thank you for writing this, I know it's not easy reliving the most painful moments of your life.
You're not alone, not any more. You have Shed Family, and I can tell you that without these people...I would be completely alone and lost.
jacy *squishy hug*

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Thank you for you kind reply jacy. I have dinner to assist with then I will talk more.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I may have to go offline soon, but if you want to send me a private message (e-mail address, etc.) I will check back as soon as I can. I do spend a lot of my time here because I have no life anymore. (weak attempt at humour)

You just take your time my blue friend.
(Now I'm thinking about the movie "Avatar" and suddenly have the urge to call you Jake Sully! I warned you that I get multiple nicknames for people!!)

With the time zone differences, luckily somebody is usually here to talk to, or will respond from lurking if you post something. (which is awesome)
jacy

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's certainly not New Jersey.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

There's the New Jersey I know!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I had a heart attack in 2012. It sucks but eventually you get over it if it doesn't kill you.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
As soon as I have time to turn around I am going to start us a Healing Hearts thread and then maybe we can all talk about what each case was like. It could be a great resource for others!
(Sorry lurking and doing homework)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hi dfnj2015! You're not in Jersey now!
Sorry to hear about your heart attack, but glad you lived to talk about it.
Night Star is out celebrating, but she will be back later.

I have to log off now and participate in real life for a while. Thank you to everybody who kept me company today.

Keep talking, you Shed-heads...I will see you all later.
jacy

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Does it count as lurking if you tell everybody you're lurking?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Martin75

Does it count as lurking if you tell everybody you're lurking?

You really should message me sometime.
(private joke, nobody panic)
Really gotta run, just had to have the last word with a certain rock of Sham.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join