It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

What is this falling of which you speak?

Is it a short fall, or a terminal drop?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

G'morning hunny! *waves at Marty*

"Falling" is the epic fantasy story that Shep (PrairieShepherd) is writing. He was posting each segment in The Shed, but decided to take it to a separate thread to make it easier to read and follow. I think it's fabulous and I've become quite emotionally attached to a few of the characters, lol.

How are you today? *looks at both True & Marty*
Anybody got anything exciting to share?
jacy

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Wow! That sounds exciting!

I have a case of the same crap, different day syndrome today. The weather is wet and windy, just how I like it, which means there is not much business coming into the store today, unfortunately. I have some little bits and bobs to be getting on with, contract work needing completion on the key cutting front, that I can do in stages, neat little nuggets of time.

Other than that, its another day South of Heaven.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sorry my morning sounds about as exciting as True's.

BUT at the end of the day I am off work until Monday and headed into Gatlinburg, TN for our 12 wedding anniversary! So that's exciting!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Ahhh...same crap different day...I can really relate to that. I suppose we should be grateful for the "rinse & repeat" days that don't involve some level of drama/trauma or emergencies, but I wouldn't be opposed to a phenomenal stroke of good luck, lol.

I just went to another thread to reply to a long post (actually written by one of our Shed friends from the early days). It's not only gone...there is nothing to show that it ever existed! (no edited post, no empty reply box to show that it even existed)

I'm confused but also getting used to weird stuff happening anymore.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

How is Gatlinburg these days? Was it not one of the locations hard hit by the firestorms which hit the news some time back?

I hope the rebuilding process is coming on apace.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Heh... I get used to weird every morning by looking in the mirror a couple of times.

Its sort of like this...

*looks*

"Oh... Still like that huh? Great.
"

*Looks again*

"Still weird in there, eh? More tea? Perhaps?"

*Looks one more time*

"Oh, fine then, you obstinate bastard. Looks like another day of high bloody strangeness and no plan whatsoever to survive normalcy. Brilliant, just bloody brilliant. I swear to God if I don't get some traction soon I am going to have to chew through someones lower spine just to relieve the damned pressure....(wanders off, still muttering to himself and thinking peaceful, calming thoughts about bifurcating political figures by main strength)"

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Yes I will take a bunch of pictures. I've heard it's bad. They've painted a bunch of the hills to look like grass. We just want to bring what little business back we can

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Ugh!! I'm an idiot!!

Just went through the member's profile and found the reply...in a different thread to what I thought it was.
Retracted my response, lol.

Marty...Congratulations on your 12th anniversary! You said that you're going to Gatlinburg...is that for a specific event, are you guys celebrating large or just taking a much needed break?

I just realized that my first marriage lasted exactly 11 years and 11 months (11-11...why am I not surprised, lol?). If we had stayed together it would have been our 36th anniversary this summer (but 40 years together...I was still in high school when we met).

I'm just gonna steer my walker over to the big comfy chair and pontificate on how I got so old so fast.
jacy

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

jacy,

Remember, you are only as old as your online persona would lead others to assume

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
We don't talk ages here lady! It is merely a number to scoff at!

We got married in Gatlinburg. We were one of the lucky ones, our honeymoon cabin survived the fires. We try to get back down every couple of years but with the fires we wanted to go back down.

First stop, Smokey Mountain Moonshine to pick up my Salted Carmel Whiskey! Heck yeah!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

jacy,

Remember, you are only as old as your online persona would lead others to assume

Ahh...hahahaha...are you being...facetious? (don't mind me, I have favourite words that I use when I can)

In the past few days I've had more than one member accuse me of being 'very young' or at least much younger than I actually am. Truth is, inside (in my head) I still feel like my character is "same as it ever was".

I don't equate being 'child-like' to being 'childish or immature'...perhaps a tad idealistic? I don't know. It both amuses and frustrates me though.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I don't equate being 'child-like' to being 'childish or immature'...perhaps a tad idealistic? I don't know. It both amuses and frustrates me though.

Why does being child-like have to be childish? I run like a kid and laugh like a kid. And play with animals, games, and toys (they just get more expensive). But I'm not childish, just impish!!! And have a blast.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Well, I agree with you and wonder if it's just more knee-jerk judgement on the other person's side.

I've noticed lately that a large number of people will jump to conclusions, assume something is right and then close their minds to any further explanation.

When trying to explain my own 'reasons' for my words or actions, they twist it by accusing me of making 'excuses'. A reason is an explanation...an excuse is like an admission of guilt.

Those of us who still find joy in being silly are better prepared for dealing with stress, as far as I am concerned. (when it's a laugh or cry situation and we can manage to find humour and giggle...it's a healthier coping mechanism, isn't it?)
Bah! They're just jelly, lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
And jelly needs to be splatted!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Hahaha...indeed!
I found my new response to the haters! It's even rainbow theme in keeping with Shed standards.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hahaha, It's perfect!

Sadly ATS is going the way of the world. Me me me and to hell with everyone else. Hopefully people will realize that society doesn't work that way and we are all just turning into savages. SMH it's so depressing

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I was most certainly referring, in a tongue in cheek fashion, to your interaction with another member the other day, which we discussed in previous postings!

As for idealism, it is fundamentally necessary that EVERYONE be as idealistic as their minds will allow, otherwise this world and this species will only paddle toward the edge of doom faster than it ever has before! More idealism, less pathetic slaves to petty notions like practicality and normality!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I knew you were referring to that, lol.

Argh! It was so nice to get to chat with both of you for a bit. Unfortunately the phone has rung and it's time for me to dash out into that 'real world' place for a while.

I hope you both (and everyone here) have a great day, and I will check back in later when I'm home.
*group hug*
jacy

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Be safe on the roads. If I miss you I will see you when I get back

new topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join