It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, I would make you some if I was closer to New England!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Take a train!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I would fly United but I don't want to become someone's punching bag. So taking the train it is.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Good Morning Shedisenisens...

I'll just leave this here...
RAINBOW ROSE SEEDS

cheers!

G

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
First I want to thank everyone for your support and prayers. I'm mobile but will address them separately when on desktop again. After yesterday, I'm still tuckered. 7 hrs in the car (3 1/2 hr one way) plus just stressing I'm taking the lazy post morning...

Second, I have to share how The Shed let me know it was watching over things.

Have you seen Starbucks newest concoction? It's called A Unicorn. You need that nugget of information for this story. I got one for him for when he could have it. He's been trying to get one since they came out. But they always sell out at home. Fast forward to a drank drink and discharge time. I'm sitting in the day surgery room and the nurse is on the phone with Paul's Dr and she says "Well he just ate a unicorn & his wife is here to drive, hmm mmmmm. Ok. Yes I told him he couldn't fly. Yep he'll be normal tomorrow. Thanks"
My husband ate one of my unicorns? I know Mason is involved somehow! He can fly? And he never told me?
How rude! Do you know how much time that would have cut off the trip?
And now he loses his superpower and becomes normal tomorrow? Nah, she doesn't understand The Shed's magic never ends!

Love y'all so much!
edit on 4/22/2017 by Martin75 because: I love beach music I was born with it in my blood

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Good stuff Marty !

Shed wishes do help ... 😊

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Glad to hear things are proceeding with the necessary positives in place!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
So...

My sister, my brother in law and some of their friends, were supposed to be driving North today for a much needed day out. My sister and brother in law are currently homeless, as the owner of the property they used to reside in required personal use of it. They were unable to secure tenancy elsewhere, and are currently in the sofa surfers position. Most of their property is at my place, some of it is even in my store at the moment. They need their down time. They need fun. Its a bloody Dickensian situation they are in right now, and the odd foray into pure nerdom is required, in order that things not be so utterly bleak that all their determination evaporates.

So, they are fans of table top gaming. Games featuring painted miniatures, Table Top Role Playing, board games and card collecting games, all things nerd. There is an event up north today, which caters to these particular interests, and it is to this event which my peeps were going to be going. I say going to, because when my sister left her friends flat to prepare her vehicle for the journey, she found that her windscreen had been assaulted with some blunt force object. My mother, who rushed to her side after getting a lift from a friend, discovered that laying nearby were two items, to whit, one golf club handle, and one golf club head, separated from one another, presumably by the impact.

My sisters car is a beater, but its solid. Its not a fancy car, not a target for abuse. And yet its windscreen is broken, and they will now be unable to go to the event, because getting it fixed will be impossible within the time frame necessary, and all other modes of transportation are either unavailable or far too expensive, which amounts to the same thing.

I am fuming. Apparently, the neighbours heard a commotion at about three in the morning, mopeds revving, oiks yelling in their monosyllabic gutter dialect, followed by a heavy impact, and the mopeds revving off into the distance. Its pretty clear what happened. Some bastard on a moped has gotten up to speed, and whacked the windscreen with a club, which has then snapped or the head come free of the shaft, which pieces have scattered under the impact force, the shaft flying under a nearby BMW, and the head coming to rest in the gutter, on the other side of the street. I hope the little bastards who did this, end up underneath a bus, on fire, and I hope they live through it but wind up crippled. All my sister and her peeps wanted was a small amount of joy in a bleak situation, that is all. She is delicate in the mind at the moment, has been for some time, and if anyone deserved a day off from sorrow...

Imagine me swearing vigorously, loudly, and with all the aplomb with which I tend to deploy the rest of the language I speak.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Good Morning to Everybody!!
(Love you all but need to talk to True first)

Hi hunny.
I am SO sorry to read this tale of woe about your sister. How utterly defeated she/they must be feeling right now.

I can relate because for a time I too was a "couch surfer". I know very well what it's like to lose everything and to repeatedly get kicked when you're down. This makes me so sad (sending her a *cyber hug*).
I'm sure that event would have given her a break from reality and some much needed happiness.

Society everywhere seems to be crumbling and people are becoming hateful and cruel.
Nice, eh? They turn on each other instead of focusing their bitterness on the actual people who put us all in this sorry state. The "people" will never turn on their masters...they are too busy flinging poop at each other like monkeys. (actions that seem to be endorsed by media, social media, etc. etc. ad nauseum).

I'm really glad you chose to share with us here, you know we are your family...your home away from home. Please know that much love will be sent to your sister from all of us here, and I truly hope you can give us a happier update on her situation soon. Have you thought of starting a 'gofundme' account to help her? (just a suggestion)

Always love to see you...but so sorry about all that you're dealing with right now.
*squishies, multiple ones*
jacy

edit on 22-4-2017 by jacygirl because: wrong your used...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

True that is awful! I'm gutted just reading it.
I know it's not the same but what if you throw them a table top game night? Call a friend or two and hit a nearby store. You just might make better memories. Silver linings my friend...that's all that saves us. Lol

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Cheers jacy...

The windscreen is covered by insurance, but the main problem is that the event is today, and the windscreen would need to be ordered, because her car is not an up to the minute one, meaning that parts are only acquired when necessary, rather than stocked by the companies which have to do with the fixing of these things. There is simply no way to get them where they need to be, in adequate time to get to the event.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Thats a great idea, but in actual fact, that would be rather like a day at work for my brother in law. You see, he works in a store which deals with these sorts of games and play. They hold a gaming event nearly every night of the week, but the event they were going to today is like a gaming mecca. Its the hub, a yearly gathering of nerds and gamers to celebrate the hobbies involved, with massive displays by some of the best model painters, new product expos, demonstrations and meet and greets with the game designers, authors and sundry figures from the industry. Anything less than that would be like another day at the office for them.

Its the scale of the event that meant something to them.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Marty!!

Hey girl, you must be feeling a little calmer today? Probably still tired though, that's a lot of driving to do especially when you're stressed out.

I had a good laugh about your story about Paul eating unicorns and flying! Sounds like the staff got into your emergency supply of pixie dust, lol. Glad you can still laugh though, a sense of humour helps with stress.

I loved your advice to True about a home game night and silver linings. We have to keep on keeping on, right? Trying to make the best of crappy situations...some of us have a phD in that now.
*Shed Warrior Group Hug*
jacy

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I'm actually trying to encourage the formation of a few rain clouds. Nothing that'll last very long, but just enough so that it shows up in the weather news.

It does rain in the Sahara desert from time to time, I remember my geography teacher saying that the desert did get some precipitation. But it's pretty rare. The mere heat of the desert evaporates any clouds that may wander into its zone, and the heat is also expanding the air, causing a perpetual high-pressure area.

However there's hope - at night, the desert temperature drops significantly. But that leaves a very narrow window.

edit on 22-4-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It SNOWED there recently, apparently!

I am sure I remember reading as much in the news at any rate.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Good Morning Shedisenisens...

I'll just leave this here...
RAINBOW ROSE SEEDS

cheers!

G

OMG soo cool!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yeah, it did, on January the 20th.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Work is pretty much what's going for me today...

How about you? What are you up to?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Okay, according to a weather website, the sky over the Saraha desert has become cloudy. However it didn't rain yet.

Ah, well; if at first you succeed not, then try again, as they say.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join