It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

You mean you didn't burn the web? I would have used a can of hairspray and sprayed the crap out of it, or grabbed a stick or something and if the spider was there, a shoe comes in handy if you don't have a book hanging around. Books make a good weapon for the little suckers.

edit on 31-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Omg, you're still talking about them?
*shivers*

Shep, I read...it was brilliant.
I commented...hope it wasn't too dorky/gushy.

*slaps shlaw* for the spider web picture.

*waves hello* to Blue!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No I didn't have any hairspray but to be honest I didn't even think of that! I just never went back out there again, luckily the sliding door was secured so no spiders could squeeze through

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
a reply to: shlaw

Course not, that would be far too logical for a nightmare, right?
It was actually a pair of women's jeans that were somehow tech-know and had greenboard in them. I picked them up by the cuffs and beat the crap out of them. But then I felt a tech-know blanket start to wrap it's creepy-blankety hands around my waist...

...and then I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. Not sure the two are related.

But that's what happened.

That blew my mind... hooray for techgollygee!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That's awesome, shlaw, shep. I hope someone has dreams of my words someday.. really that's our goal as writers isn't it? Well not to give nightmares but to inspire

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hello Jacy. Good to see you here today or any day for that matter.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Jacy, Dorky/gushy is just fine. Especially for a gropie.

I'll reply in a sec - RL intervened. *shakes fist at RL*

It was actually quite frightening - nothing like feeling hands grab at your waist from behind.

When you know it's not your wife/girlfriend/etc. that is.

Agreed. That is my hope - to inspire and draw emotion out of people using my writing.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Hello Jacy. Good to see you here today or any day for that matter.

Aww thanks hunny, that's very sweet of you to say!!

How are you doing today? I read that you had a better night last night? (good)
I have been waking up at 2 or 2:30 am for a few nights in a row, and can't get back to sleep again.

Having bad writer's block at the moment too. Usually there's a story in progress in my head, but lately it's just empty space, lol.
*tilts head left and right*
Yup, nothing in there right now.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Oh, yes there is!! I'll bet my pen on it!

Writer's block isn't having nothing to write about or not being able to write. It's when we don't see the story, or when we feel like it won't come out. It may seem like the same thing, but it means if you just try, anyways, really try even if you have to write a bit of crap..

It will flow I promise

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Jacy, I'm doing pretty good today. I'm not rushing myself to take care of any personal business like make phone calls and such. I can do that tomorrow. I'm happier now that my mom is feeling a bit better, meaning she is actually getting up and out of her bedroom.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Thank you Lucid!!
(I appreciate you guys being so nice to me, being as how I'm all traumatized today...hehe...)

I never really ever set out to write a story.
Usually something will pop into my mind and I open notebook and just start typing.

Sometimes I've thought it almost feels like I'm "channelling"...no, not dead people or anything, but that's what happens. My fingers move and a story appears, even if my brain doesn't seem to be coming up with the words before they appear.

Gordi has given me a new character to play with (teehee, DDIG!!)...to try to get a collaboration going. I love the character but am having a hard time FEELING her...know what I mean?

I know part of me is still grieving Sophie. Little brat was my muse.

*hugs* I appreciate the support!!! Something will kick in sooner or later.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Jacy, we all look forward to reading your story once you get to it. I'll try to wait. lol

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No I get it. I channel too. When I write, I write what I hear or see. I don't usually see it, if I do it means so very much to me. But yeah, the words fall into my mind one at a time. My job, usually, isn't to make the words, but to record them. I see it like I go to the page to uncover the words that were already there.

So for me writers block is when I go to write, but no words come to me. But I've learned, that if I just write anyways, even if I have to force it and write crap, the words will come. By writing when I don't feel like writing it actually makes me feel like it and eventually I'll loosen up and be able to hear the words again.

I've only had it a couple times to where, when I wrote something, I actually made it- as in, I chose every word with consideration and diligence. Usually I try not to do that, I try and get myself out of the way. But both are valuable tools.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

All you need is a good tune and a few scribbled lines to get the story or poem started. Like you though, my stories or poems usually write themselves.

I am one with the universe

its stars and moon

its myriad of color and light

even the blackest of nights

have its silver diamonds dancing

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Writing keeps the spiders at bay...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I am glad that you are feeling better, and that your mom is too.

Yes, take a day off and just...be.
As you know, I had a week off when my car was in the shop, and the lack of responsibility (to others) for a few days was really nice and pretty stress free.

I do get cabin fever though.
I go to the window and look out and feel like the world is carrying on and I'm not part of it. But then, there are some days when I've been out in the world and can't wait to get home and slam the door shut, lol.

Today I'm walking softly and carrying a big fly swatter. (I'm actually muttering under my breath, in my best Liam Neeson voice...that I have "a particular set of skills....I will find you, and I will kill you" from the movie Taken)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So your new name will be JacyGirl Fly Hunter.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just scribbled lines...

It is the heartbeat of the earth that pulses

It is the light of life that dances and carries us forward

all the while 'they' remain restless in their shadows and remorse

never learning

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Gah, where is your avatar??? Oh there it is!

edit on 31-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It's back now. I was playing with another one but it's not working out right now.

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join