It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ooh, pretty neat!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That is wonderful! I am not surprised by any kindness our Sheddites show to others. Now start singing everyone...this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Love that!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Time for an internet break to help mum with dinner.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Going off to watch movies. I'll be back later sometime. Very tired and sore.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Happy movie time!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Remember, I have crossed the deep,
And stood with thee on deck, to gaze
On waves that rose in threatening heap,
While stagnant lay a heavy haze,
Dimly confusing sea with sky,
And baffling, even, the pilot's eye,
Intent to thread the maze.
-Charlotte Bronte­

(((hugs)))

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My wife's music background and involvement with celebrities.

(No names will be mentioned in respect to others privacy)

This story is not intended to impress anyone with who my late wife has met. It's to give you some background on my wife's way of seeing things and what I found out after her passing.

Her music interests must have started with the church choir as her dad was the choir director for many years. She was also fascinated by Jim Morrison when she first saw him on Ed Sullivan. Despite her small town parents orders she played guitar in a local country band. Her parents were so strick that they didn't believe one should listen or play any music that wasn't Christian.

In the '70's my wife worked as DJ at a couple of college radio stations that she went to. She went to 3-4 colleges if I remember correctly as they were all party schools. She had two daughters by two different husbands/boyfriends. She ended up quiting college and became a stay at home mom as her uncle gave her a small house that he had been renting out. Her and the oldest daughter spent a lot of time listening to the radio and winning radio contests. Most of the prizes were tickets to see upcoming concerts.

She was the type the joined band fan clubs and read Tiger Beat and other pop teen magazines. Through her persistence she met many singers by bus stalking. Meaning she was at the concert venue several hours before the concert with hopes of seeing the stars as they arrived. She also stayed around after the concert to try to meet the singers. She ended up meeting some of them and partying on their tour buses.

About 1980 she was going to school at a local college. They had a list of intern jobs they could choose from which would help her in pursuing a degree. One of the jobs listed was for someone to be a recording engineer at a music recording studio. This was something that she jumped over backwards to sign up for. The owner of the studio is a grammy award musician. She worked there for a few years and dated him for a while. While there she met several musicians that I'm sure some of you have heard of.

For a few years she kept a list of all the celebrities that she has met in person and over the phone. I believe she knew over 100 people.

Life slowed down with her as she had back and neck problems, in part from a car accident. We met in 1997, very late in the year then married in May of 1998. She tried working at traditional places but nothing worked out for her. As she was collecting SSDI it didn't really matter if she worked or not. A few years later a club opened up downtown which features three different stages for live music. The owner of this club was the former road manager for a very well know singer.

This club became the hang out for area musicians and some from lands far away. Through befriending the owner she made even more connections with musician and such. With my help she started promoting several bands. She was on cloud 9 as this was something that made her happy.

In the last 2-3 years of her life I was at home most of the time as I had to drop out of college due to my back injury from a car wreck. During this time she was bedridden in part due to surgeries and her own back pain. I spent most of my time in the recliner in the living room as sleeping in the same bed was difficult. She stayed up until 4-5am sometimes so I couldn't sleep with her.

Just before she was bedridden the club she worked with had to close as the city opened up an astrodome size entertainment center that took all the clubs and bars business away from them.

My wife focused more on nationally know singers, movie actors and directors. She clicked quite well with one of the singers and together they sang for several hours on the phone each night. An actress who co-starred in a popular movie series wanted my wife to write a movie based on the character she was playing in the previous movies. After talking for some time to a TV director and creator of a popular TV show she learned that he wanted to write in a character that was based on her. She received several gifts from these people.

This was all a good thing I thought as it kept her busy and good things were coming her way from this. We almost went one year to the superbowl but there was a error made by the girlfriend of a singer as to what the credit card number was.

Like all things this had to come to an end when she passed away. I wanted to contact some of these people to let them know that she had died. I couldn't get into her phone as the screen lock password was unbreakable. I waited for her cellphone bill to arrive. Well, all these calls she maid, even the ones lasting several hours were not listed on her bill.

Yes, I knew my wife was bi-polar and schizophrenic but I never expected her to go off the deep end spending the last two years of her live talking to no one on the phone. We had separate checking accounts and were always behind on payments. This explains why. She was buying all these gifts herself.

Imagine how I feel. The shock of my wife dying plus the shock of realizing how mentally unstable she had gotten.

HUGS everyone!

edit on 4 20 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

I waited for her cellphone bill to arrive. Well, all these calls she maid, even the ones lasting several hours were not listed on her bill.
Yes, I knew my wife was bi-polar and schizophrenic but I never expected her to go off the deep end spending the last two years of her live talking to no one on the phone. We had separate checking accounts and were always behind on payments. This explains why. She was buying all these gifts herself.

This part of your long account is heart breaking. And so very disturbing.
I can imagine you wanted to trust her, needed to trust, to encourage her. A very noble approach.
Then this, all a blur of deception. And she probably didn't even see it as such. I am convinced she believed this all happened.
So sorry. Hugs to you Blue.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Subconsciously she wanted any sort of fame or popularity that would come by this. As she had talked to real people that were remotely connect to the ones that she imagined her stories were passable to me as being the truth.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Greetings to all you beautiful, magnificent, wonderful Beings.

As these two creatures venture a gentle magical encounter.
I am also grateful to have had the privilege to have been touched by your lives.
You never seize to amaze me.
You bring joy and comfort, kind and wise words to all in due time.
It is truly an honor, despite my failure to acknowledge it here. You are engraved in my heart.

edit on 20-4-2017 by WalkInSilence because: word

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

That was sweet of you, thanks.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Time for some of that glorious 1980's cheese tonight.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Good song choice Gemme, keep em coming.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Chirp, you are wearing one of my favorite avatars. What a lovely pic and wonderful poem! Just got back here and catching up.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I can imagine your shock at learning just how unstable your wife was. It is sad, but while you were together, you were there for her and happy that she was happy. She didn't know she was being deceptive like Wis said. Hugs to you my friend!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for your kind words and the hug of course.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Wis, that pic is just awesome! How are you this Spring night?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hey Chooch the Train Whisperer!
Hope you are having a lovely night.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join