It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Starting the morning at the coffee shop sounds perfect! I bet you had a very interesting morning. Yes, I can see where this morning conversations got interesting. Not touching that with a ten foot pole!

a reply to: szino9
Read and replied, great job! Welcome to The Shed!

a reply to: shlaw
Morning Shlaw! Still reading your story and loving it!

Thank you!
I lied about the coffee thing... sometimes I have too much
and then I need a nap.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Me too. I actually get my body humming a bit too much sometimes. But I would rather have too much coffee than be dragging butt, which is the other option. LOL

I think when you can get the shimmy shake going without moving, you need to step away from the coffee pot.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Me too. I actually get my body humming a bit too much sometimes. But I would rather have too much coffee than be dragging butt, which is the other option. LOL

I think when you can get the shimmy shake going without moving, you need to step away from the coffee pot.

Coffee pot? Hmm... I use an IV bag.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't like needles. LOL

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I don't like needles. LOL

You would if that was the only way to get your coffee fix

Hey, come back here! It's dark roast!

Martin75: "Woop woop woop woop..."

edit on 26-5-2017 by shlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good morning wasteland!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior
Hey Lucid!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Greetings to one and all. I'm hoping everyone is staying out of trouble for at least a couple hours.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Hey Blue how are you?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sorry - got called to a crisis. But I am back! Happy Friday Shedizens.

szino9! Welcome to the Shed! I enjoy your writing, you'll find like minds here.

Love the gif, shlaw!

a reply to: Martin75
Honestly though, it's one of those things that needs to be talked about and clarified. If Christians are not willing to speak up and correct misunderstandings about what scripture says and does not say, then who will?

For those who are confused what Jess & I are talking about, part of my study this morning was on the passage that says "Wives, submit to your husbands." Obviously, this has caused lots of really fun discussions in marriages, right?

But here's the thing:
The wife is called to submit to her husband's leadership. Her husband is called to lead the household as Christ leads the church. So, let's look at that quick. Christ washed his disciples' feet (that would be, getting a bucket of water and cleaning off the dirt, animal dung, and raw sewage that was dumped on the street with his hands and a cloth). Christ spoke to a Samaritan woman, which, as a Rabbi in his culture would have been almost as scandalous as having an affair with her. But he treated her with respect and kindness, to the point where she went to tell her entire village about him. And then there's that whole thing about dying on the cross. SO, a husband is in fact called to lead as a sacrificial servant; to love and cherish his wife, to nurture her, to help her grow, and to serve her, even up to giving up his life for her if necessary.

The difficulty is that yes, some men (and women too) get this wrong by thinking "submit" means "obey without question." Men will use this as a bludgeon to enforce their will and dominate their spouse, and that's simply not what the scripture's talking about here. Show me one place in the gospels where Jesus tyrannically dominated any other person. That's just now how he did things while on earth.

So, um, yeah, that's what we talked about this morning and how I started my day. Really light-weight, simple stuff - LOL.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hi Blue!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Shep - I really wish we were closer. I think I would really enjoy setting in on a few Friday mornings.
I was raised Catholic, made my choice to be confirmed into the Catholic church when I was 16 and received my Confirmation. Since then I have struggled with the teachings as they have been handed down to me. Paul and I have made a couple attempts to find us a "home" but haven't yet. Right now we are church hoppers

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I'm doing better than I was yesterday in part due to a nice dream I had. I'll feel much better once I have found something to eat.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

amazing how a deep and meaningful dream can push your entire day either way, I love a good feeling dream

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

True a good dream is a major leap from all the bad dreams that I have been having.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I'll send you a PM. I have something that may help, possibly a lot.

A good dream can really change your whole day, can't it? As can a bad one, this is true.

ETA: D'oh! Szino9 beat me to it!

edit on 5-26-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: I am the tortoise, not the hare.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Heya and welcome to the shed! Make yourself comfortable, there's donuts and coffee in the corner and the pyxies will be more than happy to get you anything you need! Don't be afraid of the dragons they can be a bit grumpy sometimes but they're really loveable once you get past all the teeth and hard scales! Oh and you can ask the faeries to sing or dance for you, ask about the lightshow! If you're tired sad or happy this is the place

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think the way you start your day sets the scene for the rest of the day

Well I hope the good dream turns into a good day! Have any luck finding something good to eat?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

thank you, its 6.15pm here can I change that coffee to a pint please? I will take the donuts though!

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join