It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Since there has been a bit of car talk here today I'll explain how I'm feeling in car terms. if my brain were a car engine today it feels like only 1 or 2 of the spark plugs are working. Therefore I don't have much get up and go or want to do more then idle in the parking lot of life. I'll be lurking today unless the mechanic fairies come along and give me a tune up.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Runs to catch up and comes back trying to catch her breath.

Looks like the Sheddites had a great day in here today!

Well, I have 4 or 5 kidney stones, but they are tiny and I should be able to pass them without any problems. The mass on the adrenal gland doesn't look like anything to be concerned about but I will have to see an endocrinologist because it may or may not affect other things and they will know if I need more testing. Then back to the urologist in October after another cat scan in September. In between all that, next month I have bloodwork and my primary care Doc and God knows what that will reveal.

My cholesterol has been a concern, but I can't take any of the meds or niacin. Just been taking Fish oil. I will know if the numbers jumped on the diabetes thing. Last year I jumped from one number of not being diabetic to being diabetic, but no real concern, not even on meds. If those numbers have changed, then that will be bad news.

OH and I have an appointment this Winter with my oncologist.

To summarize, I'm getting old and there aint a darned thing I can do about it. BUT...I'm still alive and kicking and can annoy you all for a while longer yet.

GORDI, loved your sweet poem! You scared me when I didn't see you around for a while.

OK...Hello to all I missed and whoever pops in after I post this!
edit on 19-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ooooops

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good to hear your just getting old. We will all get there sooner or later.

I am glad you have such a positive attitude. They say our health has alot to do with our attitude.

So what kind of crazy stuff are we gonna get into tonight? It is Friday Nite.

If I could I would be sipping on this outside, relaxing on the deck. But it is cold and windy.

Sitting inside drinking Hot Chocolate.

Gordi

Loved your poem. Last week I was listening to an old Pat Benitar record. And then slipped into some Carol King and James Taylor.

edit on 19-5-2017 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I love me some music. Kickin back right now and chillin.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hello Kitty Kat and Tarzan!

I'm sleepy. Not used to getting up at 9 AM and didn't get much sleep last night. I might take off and watch some movies and come back later. Signed, The Sleepy Elf

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here is a little something for the sleepy elf.

May you rest well tonight.
I am happy to see your test went fairly well and mostly that you don't sound too concerned.
No catching up here. Car talk, wonderful music exchanges, where we were in the mid eighties!!!!!
It is nice to read through and see every one had a good time.

This is kind'a like going to the local pub after work and just listening to the chatter.
I don't do that because I am allergic to "bar flies", I can't smoke, and I hate being asked over and over again "So, where are you from, what do you do, do you have family around here???"
My answer makes peoples eyes glaze over and I can literally hear their brains frizzle. I assume they don't incorporate that part of their anatomy for any thing more complicated than the weather report.
Yes I am a world traveling snob. And proud of it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Just came across this one.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

You'd better stay annoying us for a while yet ya hear??

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Since there has been a bit of car talk here today I'll explain how I'm feeling in car terms. if my brain were a car engine today it feels like only 1 or 2 of the spark plugs are working. Therefore I don't have much get up and go or want to do more then idle in the parking lot of life. I'll be lurking today unless the mechanic fairies come along and give me a tune up.

Sounds like you need a little tune up and a jump start.

A funny movie and a beer works for me. How about you?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello Kitty Kat and Tarzan!

I'm sleepy. Not used to getting up at 9 AM and didn't get much sleep last night. I might take off and watch some movies and come back later. Signed, The Sleepy Elf

There is always creature feature night.

A funny for everyone.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hi Wis! Started watching something and wham, fast asleep. I am now up and refreshed and will be up until the wee hours of morn' as usual. Loved the pic!

Tarzan, cool pic!

Lucid, yep still around to annoy you folks. lol

Hello Groot! Always dancing and smiling.

Blue if you are out there...Hope you feel better soon. Sucks to feel crappy.

To the lurkers out behind the bushes...just wanted to say this is a bad year for ticks. You might want to move back indoors.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot
The lumberjack song always helps. What I need is to get away from my family for a couple of weeks but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hang in their Hun! Once you get your income, you can leave there! I still say, Your Dad needs help and your Mom should do something about it! Ok no more speeches. Just know, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hugs!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Thank you NIght. I'm doing my best to hold out during my personal storm. At least I have my kitties to comfort me, when they are up to it.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Cats rule, dogs drool. LOL

Ah, the storms of life, we know them well don't we? Yet here you are a Sheddite warrior, pushing forward. You can do this!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

ooooops

That's an old age thing! LOL

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

ooooops

That's an old age thing! LOL

Bahaha! Can't argue with that.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
OMG, Pirates Of The Caribbean 5. My Captain Jack Sparrow! Swoons.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Did you know that Paul McCartney is in it?

new topics

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join