It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

How's tricks? (How's it going?)
Don't mind him, he's a haggis-eating, wooden mushroom maker...kind of like one of The Shed's mystical creatures...hahaha....(and I temporarily forgot that I'm not talking to him!!)

Last time I played an actual record? Can't even remember.
But I do remember the very first record I ever bought myself....the 45 of "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

...But I do remember the very first record I ever bought myself....the 45 of "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe!

Before My Time (obviously!) LOL

Listening to "The Crossing" Album by Big Country just now.
OMG... Nineteen Eighty Effing Three!!!!! And I'm right there!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's just struck me that everyone under about 30 is wondering what the hell we're talking about!!!
12" vinyl!
Pop, click and hum!
Digital sucks! LOL

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

...But I do remember the very first record I ever bought myself....the 45 of "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe!

Before My Time (obviously!) LOL

Listening to "The Crossing" Album by Big Country just now.
OMG... Nineteen Eighty Effing Three!!!!! And I'm right there!

Hmm...1983...I was married and pregnant.
Back then I was listening to AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long"...rofl...

You can make all the age jokes you want at me, I'm still cooler!!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I forgot to ask what the starting fault was on your car...
Was it the spark plugs?
Dirty Fuel/Air Filter?
Low battery?
A.N. Other

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Lol. Things are going well. Gotta go pay the electric bill meaning I have to walk half an hour there and back on my chevrolegs
edit on 19-5-2017 by LucidWarrior because: Man I wanted to exaggerate at first I guess

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh, I still don't know. Going to get the mechanic to look at it over the weekend (he sold it to me).

All I know is that I learned this.
My starter has 3 clicks to it before it fires up.

So I turned off the radio and fan, then turned the key 1 click. Turned the second click and listened to hear a faint "whirring" sound (fuel pump I think?)...then when that sound stopped, I turned it the third click and it fired up right away!

For now I'm happily ignorant of the problem, as long as I can still go out and return, lol.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
1983. I was 11. We had just moved back to Minnesota from Rhode Island through Anaheim. I had a big crush on the pretty blonde girl up the hill.

I think my first 45 was "Hunting High And Low" by A-ha, although it may have been "Primitive Love" by Miami Sound Machine.
Gloria Estefan was a babe.

ETA: Oh, um, Hi Everybody!
edit on 5-19-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: Thought i'd just jump in there, you know, like a dork...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Hmm...1983...I was married and pregnant.
Back then I was listening to AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long"...rofl...

You can make all the age jokes you want at me, I'm still cooler!!

Well, in fairness... I was neither married or pregnant in '83!
I was still in my teens!
At college studying Applied Physics!!
As Cool as a grandad's old cardigan.
Down with the.... the rural tedium that came with being a big awkward clumsy country lad who hadn't yet passed his driving test, but did have a wee motorbike to "putt putt" about on.

I couldn't "like" AC/DC back then because they had long hair and I was much more inclined to the spikey haired punk thing! hehe - LOVE AC/DC now of course!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"Chevrolegs" LOL

We need MORE of these!!

I have "DODGE"y knees!!! ROFL

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
I couldn't "like" AC/DC back then because they had long hair and I was much more inclined to the spikey haired punk thing! hehe - LOVE AC/DC now of course!

Spikey haired punk thing? Dead Kennedys? Sex Pistols? Joy Division?

Friend of mine was an uber-nerd for The Cure. Before they were even remotely famous.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Turning off radio, fan, lights etc limits the strain on the battery - giving full power to starting the engine!
Whirring sound will be fuel pump. That's it "priming" sending fuel to the cylinders. It's best to let it finish doing that if starting has been problematic.
There are so many things that can cause poor starting - I'm sure your mechanic will nail it quickly though.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Spikey haired punk thing? Dead Kennedys? Sex Pistols? Joy Division?
Friend of mine was an uber-nerd for The Cure. Before they were even remotely famous.

Shep!!
OMFG!! YES, YES, YES and HELL YES!!!
All of the above were very big features on my playlists back then.
Dead Kennedys "Holiday in Cambodia" was one of my faves... I have it on 7" vinyl somewhere here to this day, but only just dug out my turntable for the first time in years tonight!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I used to have to walk when I couldn't afFORD a car! (sorry, had to get in on the car brand joke, lol)

*throws stale donuts at the youngun's and hollers at them to "Get off my lawn!!!"*
Hmph.

I think age-wise I'm like Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt movie, for you kids)...I was a prissy old-fashioned "middle-aged" child...then a not very rebellious teenager...who seems to have regressed into a playful childhood now.
I'm totally okay with that. Just wish my body would cooperate.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I think age-wise I'm like Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt movie, for you kids)...I was a prissy old-fashioned "middle-aged" child...then a not very rebellious teenager...who seems to have regressed into a playful childhood now.
I'm totally okay with that. Just wish my body would cooperate.

EXACTLY the way it should be!
Long Live Auld Age Childhood!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Lol I tried to jeep it going but couldn't

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Dead Kennedys were pretty hardcore punk back then. I remember them having almost a ska sound - but it's been probably 30 years since I listened to any of their stuff.

I was actually more of a mainstream kid - primarily U2 and that sort of protest alternative music, rather than hard core punk. But I went through a phase there where I had virtually no friends except the punks, because they accepted me as I was. It was kind of funny - I remember going to hear a punk concert at First Avenue in Minneapolis (don't even remember who it was) with all these leather jackets and spikes and green & purple hair and collars and stuff. I went in a Girbaud jean jacket and a Vuarnet tank with my moussed mullet. One of these is not like the others. What was awesome is that all the hard core punks didn't care this totally preppy kid was there, they were cool with it.

If I call you Benjamina now am I going to get donuts thrown at me?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Heya Shep!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

'SUP Lucid! What it is, what it was, what it shall be, bro?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

If I call you Benjamina now am I going to get donuts thrown at me?

Not if you let me call you a "little punk", hehe...

Can I admit that I was a Sex Pistols fan?
Then there was the summer that I listened to only country music and possibly wore a cowboy hat out in public.
I call myself a 'rock chick' but really, my playlist has everything from metal to Eminem...to Johnny Cash...to Lady Gaga.
Eclectic fer sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join