It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
...Leaving my village behind was both good and bad for me to do. This was a place that I spent most of my life until strife with some family members forced me to leave when I was younger. At that time I wanted to go somewhere where I knew someone and would be safe from the bad things said about me. This is why I went to the land of the North. In the land of the North I found the comfort in the home of a friend and fellow worker from years gone past. Work was easy to find and this led to my love and desire to travel the world. At about the time a wise woman with red hair came into my life my friend left me to be with his family in a smaller village to the East. I never saw him again.

This wise woman led me to the secrets of life that so many have turned away from as they have been taught to think otherwise and obey those who share a false knowledge. This wise woman taught me how to think on my own and be happy with who I was. She showed me that all we need to have is magic and that all would be well with our hearts. I became one with this wise woman as she became my bride and soul partner for life. With her I traveled the world and shared stories of places that I had traveled before looking for the happiness that was out there somewhere.

During harsh winter months we decided that this land was not for us. We wanted a place where others understood the secrets to life. A place we could be happier, a place to call home for the rest of our lives. We found that place in a land to the West. The plan was to move to this land once summer came about and winter was just a memory.

Unfortunately this plan was not to be as in the late winter this wise woman went on to an even happier place not of this Earth to call home for eternity. I was heart broken as she took with her the secrets of happiness. Without happiness I was alone in this world. I looked to others to find this happiness but they turned me away. After giving up on my search for this happiness that I have long known I decided to return to the village of my family.

Here at this village I have learned that this land is not for me. I searched in the heart of others to find the happiness that I have longed for but it was not there. I learned that happiness comes from ones own heart not the heart of others. The plan for me was to sail away to find the land and the people to accept me as who I am and was.

Sailing for many days I was lost as to where I was going but I didn't care. I just wanted to go someplace new and different. Someplace to be happy with those who knew the secret. Sailing a sloop in open waters wasn't the safest thing to do but it was my only choice. Sadly enough a storm came along and tore off my mast leaving me without sails to take me away to anyplace I desired to go. All the sloop could do is drift with the currents which did lead me to a peninsula of a land that I could not see all of due to the fog and clouds covering the mountains. I came ashore near a weather beaten pier that had an unusual sign on it. It was a large arrow that pointed inland and the word "BOTHAN" above the arrow.

Following the pathway, sometimes of stone, other times just cleared brush, I set out on my journey to find out what on earth is a bothan. The journey was a pleasant one as I heard the birds singing before I came across a waterfall of fresh cool water. Shortly after this some rather large butterflies flittered about in front of me almost acting as my guide down the path I was taking. With each step I took the path became better defined and eventually was made completely of flat worn stone. When I began a long curved portion of the path I could hear the crackling of a fire ahead. The smell of roasted pheasant was also becoming more defined.

The pathway opened up onto a large clearing where the fire was roasting the bird and about a dozen elves were merely going about their business. The most notable structure in this clearing was a large building with the word "BOTHAN" painted on a sign above the open door. Entering the bothan I noticed the place was built like the great halls of the Norseman and Celtic peoples. Dozens of assorted creatures such as the elves along with fairies and others were sitting at the long table drinking mead and singing songs.

I joined them for the mead and a long awaited taste of the roasted birds. Singing was beyond me as I didn't know of their songs. Eating and drinking were all I could do on that first day here as I fell asleep shortly after that.

Over the time that I have been here I have made several new friends and learned to be happy again. These are the long lost ones that know of the secret and where I plan to stay. I did ask one of the giggling fairies what was the meaning of the sign about the door. She said, "silly, that sign means 'Shed'. It's a drinking shed from days gone by."...

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

This is really good! I'm happy I could provide an outlet for that

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Oh Blue, that was just wonderful!!!!!!!

I'll have to join in this story thing when I can. It is like the shed of long ago where people came and how they found the shed.

Thanks guys for your story entries! It is like a Mother's Day gift to the Mom in me.

Skiddy, your huggy dog is so damned sweet! I just adore animals!

Lucid, Perhaps later I can get some story telling tell done. Busy right now, but I am here...and there.

Love to you all!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes lots love for everyone.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thank you Night and Lucid. It wasn't my long lost story but it fits the theme better. I would have added more to it but dinner time called me away from the keyboard.

---------------------Group hug time.---------------------

edit on 5 14 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Group hug! Feelin' the love!

Well I finally got caught up at facebook. At least a few people thought of us pet Mom's!

Still stuff to do, but I always check in my lovelies! Need a movie while I make some ciggs.

One of our mystical creatures is lurking out back. Pretty cool huh?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Awesome creature. How was last night's movie?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Happy Mothers Day to all the ladies and guys who take on that roll !

My girl and the dog took a 5 mile hike in the woods to enjoy mother nature today. It was wonderful, and a bit strenuous.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Hello Groot. I see that you have had a good day with your dog and your daughter. Keep up the good work.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Hello Groot. I see that you have had a good day with your dog and your daughter. Keep up the good work.

Thank you ! But it was with my wife I met on here.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Blue, I enjoyed the movie, very powerful! Thanks!

Groot, where ya been? Glad your wife had a lovely Mother's Day! Your wife you met on here? You mean you have another one somewhere? LOL Kidding!

Took me forever filling up those little plastic pill containers. Two of these, three of those, one of these...plus the vitamins. I haven't even started making ciggs yet. But I have a whole months supply of my meds ready in weekly containers that I don't have to worry about for a while.

Blue, watcha watching tonight?

To all my lurking or missing Sheddites...Hello to you all! To anyone who is shy and would like to join in, just do it!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Almost through watching an unnamed movie about some US soldiers in WWII Germany

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You met your wife through ats? That's dope.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

Yep, but ats didn't like it. That's all I'm saying.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Blue, I enjoyed the movie, very powerful! Thanks!

Groot, where ya been? Glad your wife had a lovely Mother's Day! Your wife you met on here? You mean you have another one somewhere? LOL Kidding!

Took me forever filling up those little plastic pill containers. Two of these, three of those, one of these...plus the vitamins. I haven't even started making ciggs yet. But I have a whole months supply of my meds ready in weekly containers that I don't have to worry about for a while.

Blue, watcha watching tonight?

To all my lurking or missing Sheddites...Hello to you all! To anyone who is shy and would like to join in, just do it!

You know......

Happy Mothers Day !

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Almost through watching an unnamed movie about some US soldiers in WWII Germany

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Must be movie night.

I just finished this one.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

Yep, but ats didn't like it. That's all I'm saying.

I go back and read alot of ATS because I study past quake watch stuff.

Sometime's I pick up stuff That is just there.

lol. Just be real. There are alot of older members here who remember.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!!!

Today will be a Monday from hell in my corner of the world. I stayed up Friday until midnight working on updates and patches. And then worked again Saturday & Sunday. I think I am about to get ahead....I hope. If you have any Windows products UPDATE!!!!!

If these hospitals had been current with their window's patches they might have been safe!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!!!

Today will be a Monday from hell in my corner of the world. I stayed up Friday until midnight working on updates and patches. And then worked again Saturday & Sunday. I think I am about to get ahead....I hope. If you have any Windows products UPDATE!!!!!

If these hospitals had been current with their window's patches they might have been safe!

Well worth a bump. Hi Martin

It sounds like you had a sucky weekend. When I heard about the problem, I thought of you.

If you can keep us posted. If this spread into the US, That is scary.

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join