It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Beautiful! Love it!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I just want to live it. I bounce back and forth from being 'there' to not and I know it's all about perception and effort yet I can only ever seem to make that effort when I am already 'there'

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

We can't expect ourselves to always be 'there'. Life holds many emotions that we feel deeply, both good and bad. That is why it is important that we try to find a balance in life. Don't set your expectations too high and do not be too hard on yourself. You are experiencing life and the various things that it holds and that is ok.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You're right. If I hold myself to the expectation of continued failure by pursuing something I perceive as separate to me, then I create that.

Whereas if I just take life as it is right now, and really seen that as enough, and then just try and see what I can improve upon. I think that will work out a lot better.

Thanks!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

No problem Hun!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

The simplest I can say it is that, from the outside perspective, someone can seem one way. Their actions, their heart, or both. When your heart is one way, but you can't seem to do as much as you feel capable of, when no matter how much light you shine then you will always see yourself as unworthy, except in the smiles and encouragements, admonishments and praise, and especially in helping other people.

But no one can be expected to spend their days their efforts and energy making sure another doesn't fall off track... People can be come to for support, yeah, to take a little weight off... But there always comes a time when you must stand alone. And in that absence I fall.

What a terrible thing to ask of someone to carry the weight of your soul. When we find those that willingly do, we call it love. This is what marriage means, I think, and also community. In the arms and eyes if the one and the ones you love. That's what's awesome about the shed, everyone really tries to meet others where they are at.

It's just I can't help but be so concerned with myself most times I let others down and don't try as much to help and then that gets me further down.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It's just I can't help but be so concerned with myself most times I let others down and don't try as much to help and then that gets me further down.

I know this was directed at Jacy, but if I may...

Just remember that you can never be all things to all people. Even the strongest and most giving of souls can't always be there in the capacity that another may need them to be. You have to be there for yourself, to replenish, to find your peace and center yourself as best you can.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Of course you may!
Yes but how? I direct the question to myself as I feel my soul strain to answer the reason I feel this way is because I have allowed myself to sink further Nd further r into depression and I only ever begin to start when I am already drowning. So I swim and seim like one caught in quicksand. But I have a rope and I don't even climb it and I just keep tripping over the question of how do I start

I am again convinced that eloquence is not my gift because Marley said it best:

There is one question I'd really love to ask (One Heart) Is there a place for the hopeless sinner Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I would suppose it might be best to seek a counselor first to see if it is just the normal struggles that people go through, or perhaps a chemical imbalance or whatever. He or she would know how best to advise and guide you from there.

How do you find your peace and center yourself? It could be different things for different people. For myself, because I have been through so much for so long, I find I can just take one day at a time and deal with that day as it comes. Nature may help, simple meditation, music, being with others, doing things that nurture my creative side like crafts or writing, watching a movie or reading a good book that makes me think of the deeper and more meaningful things in life or that bring joy and wonder.

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and let yourself cry if you need to or even feel sorry for yourself. We are mere mortals and are allowed. It is part of life, all our emotions, the good and the bad. But try not to dwell on only the bad or expect too much of yourself. I think you are a wonderful young man. Sorry I got to rambling.

edit on 13-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Bahahahaha!! Sorry but it's just that you are apologizing to ME about rambling... Lol You weren't even rambling, I followed ya loud and clear and I hear you, too.

Im going to look into it, the counseling I mean.

Yeah, peace and center; in should have clarified. -in a lot of ways that right there is my problem, I forget to clarify things, when it's my mind and then I sink into deptessiin. Then it leaks out into my words and actions and reinforced itself. I get distracted or I'm not thinking clearly and I just let things slip by..

All the while there's a part of me, my voice, that always knows the right or best way to go, and most times except when I write it's way too much effort to even pay attention to it. When I write it just happens, or it doesn't. I let go of my hands when I write as best as I can, I try and see the pen as the writer, not me. The words as being revealed by me, but not being created by me.

And I am truly amazed at the things that i see coming forth from me, and this is why I am a writer and will never stop. But I wish not to just be a writer, but a doer. All I ever do is take such little steps and I just want to run!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No running in the house especially with a pen! You might poke your eye out. LOL

Parents used to say that back in the day. I wonder if they still say that to kids today?

I was over at facebook catching up. Oops, forgot to leave a pic.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Aww but Raine! That's how I write fires!

Well I would if my kid was running with something like that.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Bahahaha!

edit on 13-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Lucid

Several others have already preceded any words that I may offer to assist you on your road to personal wellbeing. I myself have come across too many brick walls instead of doorways in my search for what would make me happy.

I was pleased with the last full time job I held until the workload was more than doubled. That meant my injured mind would not be able to handle all the required duties. This was in 2010. I had a sick wife and I am disabled. The concept of staying home and caring for her was more important to me than working for anyone. With the help of a friend, going back to school to finally do something better was the plan but the brick walls came in front of my again. The tallest wall was caused by the death of my wife. The death of a loved one is an alien experience. It's like nothing else one has ever encountered. I'm still waiting/searching for the happiness that I am missing. Until then I have my friends such as yourself in the shed.

Lucid, we have all been there in one way or another to feel as you do. You are a super writer. Let you pen continue to be your sword to engrave the paper with your words. Let your paper be your shield to block the negative thoughts so that you can share your words with the world.

Take care my friend.
BD

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Battle in Seattle

I'm sharing this movie here as I don't want to mess with all the negative remarks that come from posting on the main ATS page. This is the 2007 movie (docu-drama) about the peaceful protesting in Seattle during the 1999 conference of the World Trade Organization. As Murphy's law would have it the protest became anything but peaceful. What I mainly like about this movie is that the story is shown from all sides involved from the mayor, the protesters, the police and more.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hello Blue!

Lucid, we have all been there in one way or another to feel as you do. You are a super writer. Let you pen continue to be your sword to engrave the paper with your words. Let your paper be your shield to block the negative thoughts so that you can share your words with the world.

Beautifully said!

How about a little humor? I forgot about this vid and just came across it again.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This will be the Shed's happy night then.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awwww, is that you when you were a baby or someone else's beautiful baby?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That was a stand in for myself as I was busy writing the early pages of my life story at that time.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

LOL!

I'm watching your movie and have different windows open, so I can easily check in here.

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join