It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: British PM Theresa May to make major announcement (Early Elections)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Not voting at all increases the chance of a Tory win.

This is a troubling trend amongst the unrepresented. Do you remember the last general election? An awful lot of people simply refused to vote, and that permitted the Tories to stay in power, which opportunity they have used to gut our society and loot it for all it is worth, between them and their corporate affiliates.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
bastion:

Oh do # off.

I worked my arse off to get two degrees (including distinction and merit in applied mathematics) having come from a sink estate and was mentoring and lecturing at University until a car ran me over and made me disabled - is it my fault I can no longer afford to live because the Conseervatives have punished the disabled so much for purely ideological reasons and made us the first countrry in the world found guilty by the UN for Crimes Against Humanity?

Will be voting Labour - no chance I could ever vote Tory scum especially with them cutting the NHS, education, social care so they can keep giving tax cuts to their rich mates, rig the banks and make the UK a tax haven.

If you have 2 degrees in mathematics then I have a doctorate in Philosophy. Your grammar is not degree level, neither is mine, I suspect I have just been trolled.

However, just in case I am wrong, I'll apologise beforehand, and sympathise with your situation. Still, you can still work from home. You obviously have a computer, and can use it, you say you have the qualifications, you could easily do online tutoring work either for yourself or for a company?

If you are degree-level educated I am sure you will have already thought of this, and being a somewhat fiery handicapped person, your sense of independence will be quite high, so why are you relying on the government when you allegedly have the intelligence and through that you have options?

No, it is not your fault. It was the fault of the person who caused your disability, it certainly wasn't the fault of luck, good or bad. There are many disabled people in this country, many probably worse off than you. Cameron and Co certainly stuck it to the disabled of this country during their reign, yet I agreed that a review of disability was right, but the horrendous stories of people with genuine disabilities being told they could work and receiving reductions in their claims was out and out wrong. Money and aid should go to those who genuinely need it, and they shouldn't have to feel under any form of stigma in receiving it.

I'm not troilling sadly. The other degree s in Journalism, my grammar was perfect prior to the accident but due to brain damage it's pretty much non-exstant now (took two years to be able to remember my PIN).

I'd love to work, really I would but 11 doctors have told me I'm risking my life doing so aswel as other people's and have had multiple seizures due to attempting voluntary etc and have to live under 24/7 medical care...despite doctors telling the DWP this and me ending up in hospital several times recently due to assesments I still have to 'prove' I'm disabled every six months.

Thanks to NHS cuts there's no neuro-rehab available on the NHS and six years down the line I'm still waiting for a full diagnosis let alone treatment and cant afford the £80,000 to go private.

Don't get me wrong there's certainly a problem with people being too feckless to work but I see that as a reason we pay NI. Would far rather have people like that out of harms way than given responsibility aas iit saves more money than it costs while ringfencing business and the public from harm incurred from their employment.

originally posted by: crazyewok

But ESA and the formsr DLA should have been ring fenced along with being excluded from the benfit cap. And ATOS needs to face criminal responsibility for there disgusting, degrading and medically incompetent actions.

Sadly their replacement Maximus is even worse. The person who decides life or death has a maximum of four weeks medical training and have a long track record of torturing disabled people internationally (47 criminal convictions involving several million people). So far they've fabricated evidence that my GP claimed I was fit for work despite never speaking to my GP and when questioned claimed my GP was someone who's been dead four eight years, I was deemed too ill to attend one medical but scored '0' points in the medical they held (somehow?) so was made penniless for eight months and despite having no medical training they refuse to accept letters from Drs saying 'X will die/health rapidly deteriorating, please cease or postpone immediately' or employ people capable of resucitating me should I have a seizure during the assesment (main trigger is stress so very high chance).

But IDS purposefully chose them based on their track record of abusing vulnrable people.
edit on 21-4-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is a troubling trend amongst the unrepresented. Do you remember the last general election? An awful lot of people simply refused to vote, and that permitted the Tories to stay in power, which opportunity they have used to gut our society and loot it for all it is worth, between them and their corporate affiliates.

THERE IS NO ONE FOR ME TO VOTE FOR!

No party or person represent me.

I can neither vote Labour, nor can I vote conservatives on Lib dems.

I can vote if there is no one I will vote for!

This is the UK not the USA! I will not be forced into a binary vote of Red verse Blue! The UK is better than that!

I cannot vote for Labour. There propose things I am morally against.
And I cannot vote for the Torys. There propose things I am morally against.
I will NOT vote against my morals.

You can stamp your feet and complaign all you like. But unless you get corbyn to change ceratin views then I WILL NOT VOTE LABOUR.
edit on 21-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

THERE IS NO ONE FOR ME TO VOTE FOR!

No party or person represent me.

I can neither vote Labour, nor can I vote conservatives on Lib dems.

I can vote if there is no one I will vote for!

This is the UK not the USA! I will not be forced into a binary vote of Red verse Blue! The UK is better than that!

I cannot vote for Labour. There propose things I am morally against.
And I cannot vote for the Torys. There propose things I am morally against.
I will NOT vote against my morals.

You can stamp your feet and complaign all you like. But unless you get corbyn to change ceratin views then I WILL NOT VOTE LABOUR.
Well I guess you will never vote then? I find it hard to believe that any party will be 100% what your looking for.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

A further point, to add to yours.

The number of people out of work, who could be in work, and are only unemployed purely because they are feckless and do not care to, is insignificant when compared to the number of people who:

1) Are suffering a genuine disability either of mind or body

2) Are unable to find appropriate work in their area

3) Cannot afford to move to where the work is, because they have no job and cannot fund a house move, or a deposit for rent, or any of the other staggering costs associated with a move

4) Cannot get the qualifications necessary to compete with other members of the workforce, because their local council or the local authorities otherwise, have not provided appropriate access to education for their age group

5) Have criminal pasts which interfere in the job acquisition process

6) Are called part time carers, but actually care for a family member on what amounts to a full time basis, without which care that family member would be unable to literally exist

7) Are caught in the trap of not being able to afford to work. This last section may seem counter intuitive, but it is a fact that there are circumstances in which a person can find themselves, where the only kind of work which is available to them, would force them into a scenario where, while they may be able to at least survive on some kind of out of work benefit, they would be unable to do so whilst in work which puts them just above the tax thresholds involved, payment of which tax would render them utterly destitute after tax, bills and costs of living are taken into account.

Simply put, it is the governments job to make sure that all work offered by any employer, comes with the right amount of hours, at the right amount of pay, to either take workers so far beyond the tax threshold that they cannot be negatively effected by its payment, or to change the way tax is applied, so that no one can be made destitute by its payment. Work which does not provide enough hours, at enough of a rate of pay per hour to make living possible, should not be offered by employers. But employers of a certain size should also be forced to employ enough people to make their businesses work, and accept a profit cut to cover the difference, accept that their businesses, while remaining profitable, will NOT be stratospheric, their growth must NOT become unsustainable and come at the expense of the workers ability to actually have a living worth earning, rather than one which causes them more grief than being on benefits would.

Those are GOVERNMENT problems.

It is also worth pointing out, that successive governments have failed to correct the REAL budget drain on their resources, which is fraud and tax evasion/avoidance on the part of private companies, as well as those directly operating on behalf of the government, or providing goods and services to the government. This issue accounts for hundreds of times more loss of revenue for the country, wasted taxpayer money, than all the elements of the welfare state combined, but no one seems prepared to deal with that. Until someone does, all this benefits bashing does is allow people to be divided amongst one another, over a statistical insignificance made to seem like a much larger problem than it is.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: liammc

I voted Tory last time and I wont apoligise for that. But that was BEFORE the cuts to ESA and DLA/PIP which I can not support.

If they retracted there disbility cuts I would vote for them again.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I would love to believe your account was exaggerated as i hate to think humanity can sink that low.

However having had some experience of these assessments through close family I believe every word.

My personal 'favourite' was sending her (wheelchair bound) to an assessment centre up cobbled back street, with limited vehicle access, to a centre with no proper disabled access, no lift and the toilet upstairs.

Fortunately the assesor in that case was a decent human being. She was not always so lucky.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

So you will be voting Tory, you just will not go to the polling booth to do it.

I am not suggesting that you vote Labour at this point. What I am suggesting is that you vote somehow, for someone who will take a vote away from the Tories, at least block them, do SOMETHING. Not voting at all in this election, would be like being on the point of starvation, sat opposite a buffet table, but refusing to eat because none of the food is your favourite!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What you suggest is the same thing but resulting in a goverment you want labour.
Voting to block the torrys = Voting labour which I do not want either.

I want ZERO part of EITHER party. None, zilch, nada. I dont want to be responsible for a Tory OR Labour goverment.

Quite frankly it wont be my goverment much longer anyway.

As soon as I finish my teacher training I am packing my bags and moving abroad due to how badly this country treats its teachers and how it has treated me.

Funny the government will have spend £20,000 in bursary’s plus another £15000 in students loans I wont pay back if I move aboard. The government will have lost that because of how inept they are!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Oh even better. Things get tough and off you go?

Wonderful. Capital idea. Lets just abandon the place. Forget notions like principle and honour, forget the determination that is the cornerstone of the people of this nation and its society, lets just bugger off elsewhere when things are not as we would like them!

For bloody shame.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Oh even better. Things get tough and off you go?

Wonderful. Capital idea. Lets just abandon the place. Forget notions like principle and honour, forget the determination that is the cornerstone of the people of this nation and its society, lets just bugger off elsewhere when things are not as we would like them!

For bloody shame.

Blame the Government, Labour and Conservative these past decades who has destroyed our teaching institution.
There dumb schemes and budget cuts and constant petty bull# had put on insane workloads and lead to pitiful working conditions. Most us teacher work 7am-6p and we DONT get a lunch break because schools have had to fire support stuff like lunch time supervisors so us teacher have to pick up the slack.
This # has been going on decades! No matter who we vote for, who we complain to or even how much we strike the government neither labour of conservative listen.

So why would I want to stay in those god awful working condition when there are better ones waiting for me in Canada or New Zealand?

If skilled professional are leaving the country en mass, then that’s not their fault, its the fault of the government that has betrayed them.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

As soon as I finish my teacher training I am packing my bags and moving abroad due to how badly this country treats its teachers and how it has treated me.

Funny the government will have spend £20,000 in bursary’s plus another £15000 in students loans I wont pay back if I move aboard. The government will have lost that because of how inept they are!

You complain about budget cuts etc... right after saying how you will be moving abroad and therefore not paying back money to the government. I need a big blooming knife the carve through the irony of that one.

As to the main issue...despite all the parties that exist, yes the UK is essentially a two party system right now. It's Conservatives or it's Labour. That could change, not by these elections, not by the next, maybe not even the ones after that. But if people would stop 'not voting out of protest' and actually vote for a party they can agree with, even if it has no chance of winning, that could start the ball rolling.

The more people who vote for a small party, the more people who will see them as worth voting for next time. It's maddening to see people across my facebook complain about the current government but then declare they wont e voting at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My motto is: "Don't vote or the Government will get in".

So how about a "None of the above option"?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Why would you want to stay??

Because those places are not your homeland.

Because those places do not contain your countrymen, your culture. Because they are not yours to fight for, nor yours to have even the slightest power to effect. Your ancestors do not rest beneath their soil, your history does not echo from the bole of every tree, nor every hunk of rock or lump of sod. You would want to stay, because as of yet there is no war in the streets, are no daily bombing runs threatening to take your life and limb, because your country needs you, and will continue to need you regardless of what the government do or say about it, or what madness they bring about. You might stay, because to leave the shield wall only helps it to fail, and fulfills your worst prophecies about matters, rather than striving to ensure your worst fears do not come to pass.

This is your home. This is the cradle from which you crawled. No place on Earth will ever replace that, and no place on Earth will ever be as worth fighting for, as this one is.

The very fact that I have to explain these things to you, indicates however, that the effort is wasted.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That’s why I would pick Canada. There are our brethren and we share the same culture.

This country’s is pushing me into exile. I have a foreign girlfriend who I hope to marry. This wretched heartless government make it far too expensive and complicated for her to come here.

I have no love for the country or government that is putting me through so much pain and expense just to see my romantic partner.
They let thousands in from Nigeria and the middle and countless hoards from the EU but they wont let a simple Ecuadorian women in to the UK for 2 weeks?

I have English friends living in exile in Ireland and Spain because they can’t afford the marriage visa fees.

# this country.

I very well could end up living in exile and I WILL put my girlfriend above my country.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Urm, for the same reasons people emigrate in their many thousands every year.
You bang on about how you support immigration to the UK so why criticise ewok for doing the same?
Double standards much.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Not really the same thing is it?

I can understand anyone fleeing a militarised dictatorship or a warzone in which you cannot help but die by way of being there. But things are not that way here, and there ARE things we can do to alter course and make this country function properly, with the right people in mind, with the right emphasis, with the protection of the weak and the shackling of the powerful in mind.

But we cannot do that if those most in need of that future, are so utterly unprepared to do better than simply run away if things are too awkward for them.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Emigrate for whatever reason you wish, all that bollox from TrueBrit is a total contradiction while he vehemently supports immigration to the UK.

...not paying your student loans back is a bit #ish though in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Rubbish, you passionately support immigration from the EU as well.
You are totally contradicting yourself with your criticism of Ewok...unless of course you have the same contempt for the majority of immigrants to the UK who do NOT come from war zones?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Emigrate for whatever reason you wish, all that bollox from TrueBrit is a total contradiction while he vehemently supports immigration to the UK.

...not paying your student loans back is a bit #ish though in my opinion.

I am calling that money my compensation for the goverment treating me so # and bleeding me dry with legal fees in appealing there visa descion

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join