It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Oh look, a science teacher can tweet her opinion as if it were science.

Everything she listed is a scientific fact which she used as a reference to dispel the notion that Transgenderism does not appear in nature when quite clearly it does. Whether or not the animal achieved such effects through technological means or their bodies own ability to do so does not change the fact that transgenderism does in fact occur in nature. Even without the animal kingdom that can still be said with certainty because humans are a part of nature and the global ecosystem and it occurs among us so ipso de facto it is a part of nature whether you like it or not.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
*snip*
If we were having this conversation in person that could end up getting your mouth slapped. "Oppression" what a luke warm reactionary response to the concept of merited violence, I imagine you saying that with a soft lispy voice. In most places of the world it is clear understood that being expressly rude,disrespectful and offensive is a good way to be "oppressed".*snip*

So, you condone violence to censor the free speech of others? Anyone you deem offensive, you can attack at will? What was all that about tolerance???

You want tolerance then you need to give it to get it, bottom line is that I don't like you or your opinion so take that however you want. I have no respect for you or your misguided meanderings. I had forgot I had said that but I was obviously at a point of frustration and I've had to fight my whole childhood against bullies so I apologize if in the course of my life I have found that violence on occasion is the only way to effectively repel the relentless onslaughts of bullies.

I also have no respect for cowards who will let someone repeatedly stomp on them and put them down without ever defending themselves. Those people hide behind the ones that are willing to do what is necessary to protect them from the ones that would bulldoze over them just for the pure enjoyment they get out of it. So yeah maybe I am a savage or brutal but at least I'm not a spineless coward that thinks they can just say and do whatever they want without consequences. It's like being a mean spirited little intellectual with a vast vocabulary and using that power to verbally beat on someone twice your size and think that is going to work out well for you. Just because you can doesn't mean you should and just because someone shouldn't doesn't mean that they won't.
edit on 19-4-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Let's not focus on the content of the commercial or the idea that Facebook is "censoring" it.

Instead, let's focus on the idea that people want to tell other people how to run their own businesses and think there should be laws that should control what a website has to put on the website......

Stop using the site if you don't like their product. That is the reason why I don't use Facebook, also because I know it is used as a collection tool.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Let's not focus on the content of the commercial or the idea that Facebook is "censoring" it.

Instead, let's focus on the idea that people want to tell other people how to run their own businesses and think there should be laws that should control what a website has to put on the website......

Stop using the site if you don't like their product. That is the reason why I don't use Facebook, also because I know it is used as a collection tool.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Dude you know what you said was hypocritical... Basically you want to call yourself a woman while you were born a man and then you demand that everyone call you miss or else! You are demanding that people accept you as trans gender or else!

I am 35 years old and well aware of how the world works... But it's just like you saying you shouldn't be beaten up and discriminated... I agree with you here, I am saying the same goes for me and whatever view I hold. If you accept what you just said and it's just not a perfect world then you should just be quiet and accept the occasional beating no?

BTW: You can call me miss if you like, I couldn't give a damn what you call me. XD I sure as hell wouldn't let something so petty get to me.

edit on 19-4-2017 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Not to despoil the mic drop.....but that person used definitions of every species under the sun when it came to chromosomal makeup....except human. When it came to human everything described is representing malformed DNA resulting in medical disorders.

People have disorders which cause the morphic differences described. Im not so sure that is what we are talking about here, though. Nonetheless, we can view any genetic disease as "just another iteration" or something like that....but the fact remains that what your image mentions is beyond "genetic variation".

In the end, we have to ask if we are defining humanity biologically or psychologically. A question my son asks me in relation to this: when your dog smells you, are they smelling male or female phermones? I think what he means is, how does your dog perceive you, with its ability to smell us on a molecular level?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

In the end, we have to ask if we are defining humanity biologically or psychologically.

Both, due to sentience/self-awareness.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

In the end, we have to ask if we are defining humanity biologically or psychologically.

Both, due to sentience/self-awareness.

That is likely the correct answer....

....and, as i've mentioned, i suspect that within this century it won't matter anymore anyway. Transhumanism will make notions like "gender" seem like a quaint reminder of what meatspace used to be.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

A question my son asks me in relation to this: when your dog smells you, are they smelling male or female phermones? I think what he means is, how does your dog perceive you, with its ability to smell us on a molecular level?

I've met multiple pets that I'm told only favor women and they like me for what that's worth. So who knows but isn't it a long standing saying that "dogs are good judges of character"? So maybe they see something we don't.

When it came to human everything described is representing malformed DNA resulting in medical disorders.

Yes but the point remains that genetic variations in gender do happen in humans and on their own without any direct tampering.

“Trans people have brains that are different from males and females, a unique kind of brain,” Guillamon says. “It is simplistic to say that a female-to-male transgender person is a female trapped in a male body. It's not because they have a male brain but a transsexual brain.” Of course, behavior and experience shape brain anatomy, so it is impossible to say if these subtle differences are inborn.

If you care to expand your view on the matter

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep. Saw that and nodded. You're right.

Those of us who have had to face "difference" in ourselves with the norms of society sometimes understand that the essence of being is not limited, per se, by form.

That sounds like so much "woo" ... but it's the best way I can say it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Basically you want to call yourself a woman while you were born a man and then you demand that everyone call you miss or else! You are demanding that people accept you as trans gender or else!

Wrong, wrong and wrong again! What I want is you or any person to treat me with a basic level of decorum and courtesy. So if you say "excuse me Mr" I will politely say "Uh it's Misses" and you say "no your a Mr" then I will be intentionally and willfully rude back to you which as that goes back and forth the probability for that exchange escalating to violence increases. Either one of us walks away, we go back and forth forever or we fight, it's simple as that.

If you accept what you just said and it's just not a perfect world then you should just be quiet and accept the occasional beating no?

Hellz to the NO! I'm not a coward and will defend myself savagely with both words and physicality if it comes to that. If you want to be a rude, obnoxious and intentionally inflammatory person thats on you but you better be prepared to back up your words. It's just the way of the world and I don't see it changing any time soon.

Bottom line be nice to me and I will be nice to you, put forth negativity and you will get it back.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Nope, it's right mate and you just reiterated it! Lol... You said you don't demand people accept you as trans you just don't want to be beaten up and discriminated against. But that's not true! You just described how you demand people accept you as transgender! Hence it being hypocritical... Not sure which part of that you don't get?...

If I say I am a turkey and not a human I'm sorry but I can't go round demanding people accept my delusions! Well I can but I'll probably be out of luck and to be honest it's a bit unfair of me! Seeing how I was born a human.

I don't see you as being nice though... You are making unreasonable demands! You can call yourself whatever you like but you can not demand that I or anyone else go along with your delusions. Clearly in life we would not be friends but I'm okay with that.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It's not about accepting it, it's about how you speak to me you dunce, do you get it yet? Is that simple enough for you? I do not care what you think or feel about me in your own head but I do care about what comes out of your mouth. If I find the excrement that you exude to be offensive I am going to let you know.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Wanting to be treated with respect is an unreasonable demand?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Pop Quiz: Someone gets in your face and calls you an abnormal pervert.

What do you do? Tick tock.
edit on 19-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Right! It's like some people just want a free pass to be assholes and consider rudeness to be above reproach from consequences. It's a simple request address me as I wish to be addressed and our interaction will be civil and maybe even pleasant. Talk down to me and belittle me then I'm coming back full steam until something gives.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

It's not about accepting it, it's about how you speak to me you dunce, do you get it yet? Is that simple enough for you? I do not care what you think or feel about me in your own head but I do care about what comes out of your mouth. If I find the excrement that you exude to be offensive I am going to let you know.

And so will I... Which is my point! And it's cool for you to start throwing names around then? More hypocricy...

You raised the point about accepting which I why I called out your hypocricy in the first place... Now you realise it was hypocritical it's suddenly not about that and I am a dunce...

I have no further wish to converse with you as I find you intellectually dishonest. Have a good day sir!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Pop Quiz: Someone gets in your face and calls you an abnormal pervert.

What do you do? Tick tock.

This isn't what he said though is it so what is your point? He wants to start a fight because someone doesn't accept his delusions...

But if someone came up and said that to me I would probably just laugh at the randomness. XD

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

No it's not about being treated with respect, he wants that I accept him as a woman while having been born with a penis, sorry but that is unreasonable to me.

Is it reasonable you accept that I am a turkey? If you do not I will cause a fight! That is reasonable to you?
edit on 19-4-2017 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Have a good day sir!

I'm holding up 3 fingers, read between the lines!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join