It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

No. It is a simple argument and not a question. But don't worry! You have a chance to out grow such foolishness. What does a dad believing he's a "mom" have to do with the vanity of actresses anyway? Other than fishing for excuses, I see no relevant parallel.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by "change". What did you mean by it? Did you mean that they are trying to change the children and make them think they are of the opposite gender or that parents and doctors accept and accommodate the change? Sorry I can't express what I mean due to being an inebriate. Can you explain what you mean?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

I am just asking you if you agree or disagree with plastic surgery. That is all. It's a simple question.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

From your article:

For young children, there is no surgery or hormonal therapy. At this stage, before puberty, transgender children are making a more cosmetic change, Forcier says.

"We let them be themselves. So, they cut their hair and they wear their clothes and they wear their shoes they want. And they wear jewelry or they play with the kids they want to play with and they do the activities they want to do," she says. "We call that social transition."

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
*snip*
If we were having this conversation in person that could end up getting your mouth slapped. "Oppression" what a luke warm reactionary response to the concept of merited violence, I imagine you saying that with a soft lispy voice. In most places of the world it is clear understood that being expressly rude,disrespectful and offensive is a good way to be "oppressed".*snip*

So, you condone violence to censor the free speech of others? Anyone you deem offensive, you can attack at will? What was all that about tolerance???

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Not really an issue if people don't try to push their abnormal perspectives onto the rest of the populace.

Right back at you Teikiatsu

For example, I will never try to convince you that the number 5 is dark blue, 7 is forest green, and lowercase e is smooth black. That's how I see the world and I accept my mental disorder for what it is.

It's not a mental disorder - it's just the way you are

See? :-)

Also - Tekiatsu - you and I do disagree on a lot. But, I'm sure we agree on most things that really matter. I'd like to think so anyway

edit on 4/19/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Oh look, a science teacher can tweet her opinion as if it were science.

Problem with their argument? All of those forms of life she mentions possess the necessary biological mechanisms for a-sexual or multi-sexual reproduction. To put it simply, those organisms are genetically hard wired to change genders or become gender less.

Humans do not, it is an act against nature to reassign your gender (genetalia).

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Humans do not, it is an act against nature to reassign your gender (genetalia).

Nature doesn't care. At all

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

If I cut off my penis, will it bleed?

edit on 4/19/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Thanks for being open and all but your post seems hypocritical to me... You say on one hand that not all transgender people want to force others to accept them, that instead you just want to live free from violence and discrimination...

Then you go on to describe how if someone doesn't accept you, YOU will be violent! Does that really sound right to you?

Here is how I see this issue... You are free to believe you are a woman, you are free to believe in god, in the easter bunny, that up is down or anything else you fancy. You shouldn't and won't be beaten up by me for any view you hold... But it works both ways! I am also free to criticize without the fear of violence! You can have any delusion you like but sorry, I will live in reality whether you like it or not!

You can't cry about violence towards you and then threaten to dish some out of your own...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Ask nature if it cares whether or not you bleed

While you're at it, ask nature if it minds if you smoke - or get a tattoo

:-)

(post by BigBangWasAnEcho removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I never had FB either and never will.I see on YT one is pretty free to comment and criticise any topic.

I have no problem at all with transgender people. But it's pretty obvious to me anyway - from what i've seen and read on the net that there is an agenda to try and enforce acceptance of transgenderism.I do not believe that is beneficial and conducive to real acceptance of transgender people,au contraire - no one likes to feel coerced into accepting anything,and it may cause resentment of transgender people where there was not really resentment before.

I cannot stand Mark Dice but he is entitled to his opinion too like any and all of us.
edit on 19-4-2017 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Dove Soap recently aired their new advertisement featuring a father who, after having a baby, decides to identify as the mother.

Dove, trying to appeal to a younger audience, has a new “Real Moms” ad campaign, and it features a transgender woman.

The ad showcases a diverse spectrum of mothers — parents of all races, with differing careers, and sexual orientations — and begins with the text: “Moms are redefining what it means to be a ‘good mom.’ ”

After introducing a stay-at-home mother and a mom who works as a cattle rancher, the soap brand featured a couple, both of whom identify as mothers, raising their biological newborn son.

“We are both his biological parents,” Shea, a transgender woman, says. “You get people that are like, ‘What do you mean? You’re the mom?’ We’re like, ‘Yep. We’re both gonna be moms.’ ”

SOURCE

I'm not outraged by the commercial, by the way. Instead, I'd like to focus on the fact that Mark Rice, avid conservative youtube blogger, had a piece where he was critical of the commercial removed because it was deemed hate speech, and his account was temporarily suspended.

Facebook Suspends YouTuber For Disliking 'Transgender Mother' Commercial

Popular conservative YouTuber Mark Dice has allegedly been suspended from Facebook after insulting a Baby Dove soap commercial that featured a transgender “mother.”

“The Dove soap company has a new commercial out titled ‘No One Right Way’ which features a transgender ‘woman’ as a new ‘mom’ holder ‘her’ little baby,” wrote Dice in the status, which has since been removed by Facebook. “Excuse me now while I go grab some Irish Spring to clean up my puke.”

Not exactly the classiest critique, but free speech is free speech, is it not? Yes, Facebook is a private company that has the legal authority make these kinds of decisions.

It is true that this is just another example of how Youtube/Google/Twitter/Facebook is attempting to silence conservative activists and limit their influence to shut down any discussion that doesn't tow the line of the Globalist agenda.

And it's not just Facebook.

Let us not forget that one of the largest stockholders for Google is George Soros.

Infamous investor and businessman George Soros reported at the end of 2015 that he owns 317,534 Netflix shares, which has an estimated worth of $32.79 million. If you’ve never heard of Soros, he is a key member of the elite, or the shadow government, disguised as a philanthropic billionaire. And Netflix isn’t his only concerning investment — he also holds shares in Google and numerous non-profits.

So, why would he buy into Netflix and Google? Well, Google is a pretty safe investment, since it controls some of the world’s best technologies and our access to knowledge and information. Earlier this month, Google announced one of its latest technologies, “Cross Check,” which will supposedly help identify fake news. I wonder if this will actually be the case, or if this will be a similar situation to the Snopes and Facebook censorship. It’s easy to imagine how this form of censorship would benefit Soros.

There is a war going on that is fighting against a free internet and the freedom of speech.

You really need to learn what free speech is. Facebook is a private entity that can ban somebody because they don't like the color of their T-shirt if they wanted to. Free-speech has to do with the government suppressing your right to express yourself. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

One day there will be some of us looking back, the rest will zombified/facebooked

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.

well that didn't work out...they're still breeding..and I bet some of them are christians

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

bank off cancer

You're assuming she had cancer...she could be trying to imitate her husbands lack of hair...she could be working in a charity that tries to drum up money for cancer research...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Then you go on to describe how if someone doesn't accept you, YOU will be violent! Does that really sound right to you?

I never specifically said that so please refrain from taking what I actually said out of context and twisting it around to fit your own narrative. I said that speaking to some one like that is a good way to get popped and that that is a distinct possibility when someone acts like an asshole. What I actually said/implied was that if you come out your mouth sideways at me then I will return fire until one of two things happens. One being I will clap back at you until either you or I get tired of it and leave or get pissed enough to assault me so that I can legally and justifiably do what I do in self defense. Otherwise we will just sit there all day yapping back and forth at each other like two little #zus.

I am also free to criticize without the fear of violence!

You're really not though, you may think that you are in a perfect world or want that to be the way it is but it is not. The world is full of humans who are emotional and irrational by nature and that alone dictates that there is in fact a risk to exercising your freedom of speech if it is found to be offensive by the wrong person.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join