It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Teikiatsu

If you go back and look I never said it was not natural. What I said is that it is not normal. And then I used myself as an example of how abnormal brain wiring and neural development can give a person abnormal perspectives of their reality.

Then I guess we're all good then - right? :-)

It is natural - and not really any kind of an issue

Not really an issue if people don't try to push their abnormal perspectives onto the rest of the populace. For example, I will never try to convince you that the number 5 is dark blue, 7 is forest green, and lowercase e is smooth black. That's how I see the world and I accept my mental disorder for what it is.

And if someone told you that you can't use the proper restroom because you think the number 5 is dark blue ... you're okay with that?

Or if someone referred to you as abnormal (or in this case) perverted because of the way you see numbers ... you're good with that?

Because only then is your "oddity" comparable to a different gender identity.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If you go back and look I never said it was not natural. What I said is that it is not normal. And then I used myself as an example of how abnormal brain wiring and neural development can give a person abnormal perspectives of their reality.

Not really an issue if people don't try to push their abnormal perspectives onto the rest of the populace. For example, I will never try to convince you that the number 5 is dark blue, 7 is forest green, and lowercase e is smooth black. That's how I see the world and I accept my mental disorder for what it is.

I'm not sure about their color but I know both 5 and e are female while 7 is male.
edit on 18-4-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The word you are looking for is corrode, not change.

Does that mean you think civil rights, voting rights and women's rights corroded society???

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Anyone interested in what those dern fool psychiatrists over at the APA think about these matters ...

Definitions Related to Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity in APA Documents

It should be noted that this is the official position of the American Psychiatric Association. Evidence for the nature of differing gender identities is wide-ranging and encompasses many fields of study including medicine, neurology, psychiatry and psychology.

This will only be valuable to those of course who place some stock in actual scientific knowledge, awareness and study.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You've been sweating about the definition for a while and you tell me you aren't trying to convince anyone? Yeah right. So basically you wasted everyone's time? There's a word for that.

I wasn't sweating over anything. I know what gender means, you are the one who can't handle the truth and need to use trendy pop culture definitions.

Reading comprehension time: I asked you 'Who said i was [convincing anyone]?' That is an acknowledgement that people have their own minds and opinions and my words are not magical runes of hypnotic power. That doesn't mean I wasn't *trying to convince* anyone of my opinion.

Words and Language matter, just FYI. That's why definitions are good.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I know what gender means, you are the one who can't handle the truth and need to use trendy pop culture definitions.

The entire world, including psychiatrists and neuroscientists (who know way more than all the posters in this thread put together) "can't handle the truth".
Thank you for the laugh. That was epic.

Reading comprehension time: I asked you 'Who said i was [convincing anyone]?' That is an acknowledgement that people have their own minds and opinions and my words are not magical runes of hypnotic power. That doesn't mean I wasn't *trying to convince* anyone of my opinion.

What is the reason for debating about a topic furiously for a long time? Just because? Trolls do that to get a rise out of people. Are you one?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

And if someone told you that you can't use the proper restroom because you think the number 5 is dark blue ... you're okay with that?

I'd laugh at them like I am right now.

Or if someone referred to you as abnormal (or in this case) perverted because of the way you see numbers ... you're good with that?

Their words hurt me... how?

Because only then is your "oddity" comparable to a different gender identity.

They are both mental disorders. What matters is how we cope with the reality of numbers and gender.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The entire world

What's amazing is you believe that.

What is the reason for debating about a topic furiously for a long time? Just because? Trolls do that to get a rise out of people. Are you one?

At least you asked instead of just calling me a troll. And no, I'm not. Are you?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

And what if you were targeted for death because of your different perception? Would you do nothing and accept death for something beyond your control? Would you hide this key fact of your being? Or would you try to fight to be accepted by society?

Just because transgenderism might not be the norm doesn't mean those people stop being people. And yet we have people in this very thread wanting to boycott Dove because simply because they acknowledged the existence of transgender people in an ad. How would that make you feel if that was their reaction to people with synesthesia?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What's amazing is that you think the entire world is delusional. And we are amazed at your belief.

Are you?

Why ask me? I've not exhibited trollish behavior like you have been doing. You even said you were "eating popcorn".

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You mean the organization infiltrated by the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force? Yeah, no thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You mean the organization infiltrated by the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force? Yeah, no thanks.

Right, so any professional body that disagrees with Teikiasu's Definitions ™ are just wrong. Gotcha.

Well, that makes your arguments easier for you, and meaningless for anyone else.

/shrug

(I'd ask you for evidence of your claim, but I don't want you to have to consult your old dictionary again. It's probably pretty ragged at this point.)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And what if you were targeted for death because of your different perception? Would you do nothing and accept death for something beyond your control? Would you hide this key fact of your being? Or would you try to fight to be accepted by society?

Hyperbole much?

Just because transgenderism might not be the norm doesn't mean those people stop being people. And yet we have people in this very thread wanting to boycott Dove because simply because they acknowledged the existence of transgender people in an ad. How would that make you feel if that was their reaction to people with synesthesia?

Nowhere in this thread have I said they are not people or that I would boycott Dove because they acknowledged that some people believe that they are the wrong gender. I disagree with all assertions, including the last one.

If people said that about synesthesia I'd point out that boycotts don't really work and tend to give more attention to the target of the boycott. Then I'd go on with my life.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Historically, that has never been a good thing. But you are correct in what you said. ..it does happen, like it or not. But no battle is lost when you can still breath. The problem is, it's a war, not a "battle". Wars are won, even when battles are lost. It is a war over the mind of men/women our children for "acceptance". It is fought over right, wrong and what is "legal". And "legal" is only defined by what a society, thinks is right. That is why we have Dove commercials? Advertising? Propaganda? This boy, this girl, ..is a nut case, let them share in your "normality". That's a/the new acceptable standard. BS! The "battle" is/will be lost, for lack of standards. "Transgender"? Really? .. Sounds like somebody with an "education"....had to much time on there hands. They created a new word. God damn! I do that every day!...And I'm only an Army Grad! Lol! F'n idiots!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Wanting equal rights is a war? Are you kidding?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What's amazing is that you think the entire world is delusional. And we are amazed at your belief.

Not the entire world, just an outspoken and biology-denying minority of the world.

Why ask me?

Because I can.

I've not exhibited trollish behavior like you have been doing. You even said you were "eating popcorn".

So that is your definition of troll? Eating popcorn? I was pointing out how gryph dug into me but not you for using a definition, and it would be entertaining to see you two debate the issue. It's called a sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

At least you got one thing right. It's called a sense of humor. I've been laughing at you, shaking my head the whole time.
Truly amazing.

Thanks.
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Right, so any professional body that disagrees with Teikiasu's Definitions ™ are just wrong. Gotcha.

www.out.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

At least you got one thing right. It's called a sense of humor. I've been laughing at you, shaking my head the whole time.
Truly amazing.

Thanks.
Cheers.

(munches popcorn)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hyperbole much?

How so? Transgenders are one of the most at risk groups out there. In fact there has been an uptick in murders over the past few months.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join