It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

We were talking about the definition gender. He wouldn't accept the official definition.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Who's, "WE"? The "Subject" isn't even based in reality.

So ... this ad doesn't encourage you to use Dove soap?

Noted.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Teikiatsu

All of that misses the point. You seem to think that you can determine something (scientifically - morally?) with vocabulary. You can't

The discussion we're having has veered away from the original OP, but I believe what we're talking about now is whether or not being transgendered is a thing. I assure you it is

You want to say it's not natural? Go ahead - nobody is stopping you. But your vocabulary choices don't make you right. It's just your opinion

If you go back and look I never said it was not natural. What I said is that it is not normal. And then I used myself as an example of how abnormal brain wiring and neural development can give a person abnormal perspectives of their reality.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I seem to remember when Bruce was on a box of Wheaties, the only people at that time who would care about someone going "Tootsie" were the religious, and comedians.

By the time the 80's rolled around, it was already pretty much "live and let live" in mainstream society.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The fringes, however, feel like their whims should be appeased and their idiosyncrasies should be placated.

If by appeased and placated you mean not discriminated against - yes. Absolutely

If you think for some reason a commercial is somehow a crime against the normal people - I have to wonder who it is that really needs to be placated

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

We were talking about the definition gender. He wouldn't accept the official definition.

Apparently there is no such thing as an official definition and you are using a logical fallacy when you say there is.

You can dispute gryph on that one. I'll just modify 'gender' with 'dysphoria' and cook some popcorn.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Just give it up please? You are not going to convince anyone.

Just discuss the topic.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If you go back and look I never said it was not natural. What I said is that it is not normal. And then I used myself as an example of how abnormal brain wiring and neural development can give a person abnormal perspectives of their reality.

Then I guess we're all good then - right? :-)

It is natural - and not really any kind of an issue

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do you, daily, ... need a "trained professional" to make decisions for you? Because I do not. Can you apply a Bandaid for yourself? Or do you need a "Doctor"? Go sit in a henhouse and tell yourself you're a chicken. ... Get back to me when I need the "psychologist".

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Do you, daily, ... need a "trained professional" to make decisions for you? Because I do not. Can you apply a Bandaid for yourself? Or do you need a "Doctor"? Go sit in a henhouse and tell yourself you're a chicken. ... Get back to me when I need the "psychologist".

Nah. I've been making my own decisions for more than 35 years.

Here's an example: I've decided that you're talking out of your nether-region about a topic you know virtually nothing about. Further, I've decided, that you will resist any effort to free you from your willful ignorance.

That good for you?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Just keep believing that. Try and remember at one time, there were/was standards.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Just remember cisgender identity politics are fine and dandy.

Identity politics. What a hoot. What this all boils down to is one identity. Everyone else is just making problems

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Ignorance of what? Dad, thinks he's a "mom"? Doesn't sound like you even understand "ignorance". My "nether region" tells me all I need to know, about me. I'd "resist" your kind of ignorance all day long... In the interest of "civility", let us just say one of us likes the idea of someone, being ignorant.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Just give it up please? You are not going to convince anyone.

Who said I was? Welcome to the internet where opinions abound.

Just discuss the topic.

(munching popcorn)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Just keep believing that. Try and remember at one time, there were/was standards.

Things change. Standards change. Ideas change. Cultures change. Always has, always will.

Trying to make everything stay permanent is a losing battle. You can't stop things changing.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just remember cisgender identity politics are fine and dandy.

Identity politics. What a hoot. What this all boils down to is one identity. Everyone else is just making problems

Well, sadly in this case, taking the terminology out of the ratified academic field that coined the phrase (radical feminism) hasn't brought a great deal of universal understanding, certainly after it's corruption by the rabid right-wing.

Any identification by group is technically identity politics.

Being an American. Being a Christian. Being straight.

These, of course, are as I said, just fine and dandy. And just like the sister term "political correctness," the ideas behind a meaningful use of the term have been erased in favor of having a pseudo-intellectual sounding phrase that equates to the common Right perception that "Anybody that don't agree with me is wrong."

Of course, these are facts, so they're of no interest to the zealots here.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Then I guess we're all good then - right? :-)

It is natural - and not really any kind of an issue

Not really an issue if people don't try to push their abnormal perspectives onto the rest of the populace. For example, I will never try to convince you that the number 5 is dark blue, 7 is forest green, and lowercase e is smooth black. That's how I see the world and I accept my mental disorder for what it is.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You've been sweating about the definition for a while and you tell me you aren't trying to convince anyone? Yeah right. So basically you wasted everyone's time? There's a word for that.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Things change. Standards change. Ideas change. Cultures change. Always has, always will.

Trying to make everything stay permanent is a losing battle. You can't stop things changing.

The word you are looking for is corrode, not change.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ignorance of what? Dad, thinks he's a "mom"? Doesn't sound like you even understand "ignorance". My "nether region" tells me all I need to know, about me. I'd "resist" your kind of ignorance all day long... In the interest of "civility", let us just say one of us likes the idea of someone, being ignorant.

Well, listen to your nether-region then ... it's gotten you this far.

Civility is your interest now? Great. Why don't you stop implying that thousands of Americans don't have the basic right to understand themselves as they are.

On a related note, do you have to bring your head really close to your "nethers" to hear it talk? I'm guessing you do.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join