It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Boycotted Easter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Dude, we live in a "globalist" world. The whole point of the internet is the ability to instantly interact with data &/or people from any region on the planet. You could say that Google's entire business model is based on "injecting global ideas into the minds of a population with a mere search request". How on Earth is that a bad thing?

The internet was pioneered to foster an age of free information and free communication. The basic ethical principals of the internet are, in fact, inherently Libertarian. Global ideas and Globalism are two different things.

Globalism is a progressive humanitarian ideology on the front end, but its true purpose is to usher in a one world government and a one world currency, removing all borders, stripping away the freedom of sovereignty, and confining all the worlds currencies within a single centralized banking system established in every nation.

Believe it or not, but most people don't need or even want constant reminders of religious symbols. That reeks of personal insecurity.

This coming from the guy who has an Islamic crescent star in his avatar.

(Oh, Reagan and the supposedly "Christian values" Republicans were funding and arming Muslim fighters in both Iran and Afghanistan long before Obama ran for office. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.)

I've been a very vocal opponent of that part of American history, thank you.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Look into the religious beliefs of those who own Goggle and that may provide you with an answer. I have a hunch, why Easter would be ignored versus all of the other crap that Google celebrates, but I'm not going to look up any info on the situation. It would be a waste of time either way.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: RomeByFire

Well, Google does book their profits at a PO box #666 in Bermuda.

We've seen from the pizzagate saga the level of LaVeyan Satanism prevalent within some of the upper echelons of Silicon Valley. Twitter CEO Dorsey tweeting out verses of the Satanic bible comes to mind.

Now I'm into the Occult, and I have nothing against being a satanist, generally speaking. However, when people who have control in politics, technology, information, banking, etc. use esoteric knowledge to manipulate the population for their own personal gain, in the name of the Occult, I have a problem with that.

Think L Ron Hubbard.

Do you actually know anything about LaVeyan Satanism? I'm actually wondering because LVS is actually opposed to religion and believes in knowledge and science.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JameSimon

I know a great deal about LaVeyan satanism.

A quick search of my posting history would turn up the answer to your condescending question.

And nothing about your post contradicts anything I posit in my OP.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

The internet was pioneered to foster an age of free information and free communication. The basic ethical principals of the internet are, in fact, inherently Libertarian. Global ideas and Globalism are two different things.

Between who? Oh yeah, between people from all around the world. Not to mention, virtually everything about American culture comes from other parts of the world anyway. This goes from our Latin script & Arabic numerals to our Asian-made consumer products and Middle Eastern religions. In other words, it's a bit late to start complaining about that now. lol

Globalism is a progressive humanitarian ideology on the front end, but its true purpose is to usher in a one world government and a one world currency, removing all borders, stripping away the freedom of sovereignty, and confining all the worlds currencies within a single centralized banking system established in every nation.

So Google refusing to make an Easter "doodle" triggered all of this in you? Grasping at straws, aren't we?

This coming from the guy who has an Islamic crescent star in his avatar.

FYI, I started w/no avatar. Then during the confederate flag uproar, I made my 1st avy a dog crapping on that flag. A mod removed it so I had no avy again until I noticed people kept whining about Islam in various threads. So I made this avy as a symbolic challenge to those people. Maybe next time I'll make an anti-Trump avy if the tensions rise enough?

But even if we disregard that, it makes my other point that you can just customize your stuff to have an Easter-friendly theme if this is really such a big deal to you. I notice you skipped that part. Besides, you're the one complaining about the lack of an Easter doodle. Google doesn't do it for the Eids either, yet you don't see me making threads about it.

I've been a very vocal opponent of that part of American history, thank you.

Then why bring it up? What did it have to do with my post or with Google refusing to have religious holiday "doodles"? It sounds like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.
edit on 18-4-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Fake news.

Close thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think the majority of people posting in this thread haven't even seen the video.

Let me enlighten those souls too stingy to forfait 5 minutes of their time by giving a tl;dr below:

- Google hasn't done an Easter doodle in 15 years.
- Most people don't really give a # about the -catholic- meaning of Easter, yet everyone recognizes the Easter Bunny and eggs that come with it.
- It's remarkable that google made doodles for seeminly unimportant events, for other religion's holidays/festivities or pretty much for events related to our collective culture. (Such as Michael Jackson's birthday)

So if you add all those up, the conclusion to be drawn is:

- It's odd that Google doesn't seem to recognize Easter, as they seem all to eager to celebrate other cultures/religion's holidays.

And for those in the conspiracy territory, this fits in the with the "anti-white" conspiracy that's been making some waves in recent months/years.

I don't think there's anyone butthurt over the fact they didn't do an Easter doodle, people are butthurt over the fact that google seems to make a doodle for every other event, as long as it's not related to white people/christianity. I think that's a fair assesment.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vechthaan

If those that are triggered by this can show a google doodle for ramadan, they may be onto something.

Otherwise, I don't see what the big deal is.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Well, I personally don't have any feelings towards religion (live and let live?), but I still believe the conclusion to be valid.

- It's odd that Google doesn't seem to recognize Easter, as they seem all to eager to celebrate other cultures/religion's holidays.

Easter is pretty big, from what I can tell. It's huge in Europe (alot of euros involved), and I assume it's the same in the US. (Perhaps even Australia/NZ, dunno) It does strike me as odd Google didn't atleast add some eggs or a bunny on their page.

Like you said, it's not really a big deal, but it is a worthy observation.

As for your Ramadan doodle, this comes pretty close:

Google put in some effort

Edit:

Would like to add that I don't necessarily believe in the anti-white conspiracy, but I do give every theory a chance, and try to make fair observations. I do find some validity to the claim that google, at the very least, is affraid to cather to "white culture".

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
And that's a good thing. I'm not seeing google painting itself for hinduist, buddhist, jewish, islamic, scientologic holidays. Why would it for easter? I'm happy it was one of few websites that didn't shove me another christian tradition down to my throat.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Didn't see the video, but that sure does look like a pentagram to me. They wouldn't pull this nonsense with Muslim holidays I bet!

They don't celebrate Muslim holidays either.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Just for the record, Ramadan isn't a holiday. It's the name of a month.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
They should have done something for Easter. It could have been a doodle about how a Roman fertility holiday got co-opted by a savage blood cult to woo the pagans over to their side.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Just for the record, Ramadan isn't a holiday. It's the name of a month.

I thought it was a delicious type of noodle.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I thought everyone knew Google ignored Christianity themed holidays. They are pretty entrenched in the anti-Conservative anti-Christian mindset. Don't let it bother you brother!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I thought everyone knew Google ignored Christianity themed holidays. They are pretty entrenched in the anti-Conservative anti-Christian mindset. Don't let it bother you brother!

God must be so angry!!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Noted, though that's just semantics. It's still heavily tied to religion (Islam), something alot of people here claim google stays away from...

Double standard at the very least, anti-christian/white conspiracy at worst.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How you know it is boycott? Yeaaahhh i boycott too. It is always difficult then.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

LOL

1. You realize that there are "white" Muslims too, right? So I guess you think the "white" Christians working at Google and the "white" Muslims worldwide are teaming up w/this alleged "anti-white conspiracy"? How does that even make sense?

2. And no, Ramadan is still just the name of a month. Eid-al-Fitr is the holiday and it isn't even in the month of Ramadan. (facepalm)

3. People in this thread have constantly pointed out that Google doesn't do it for religious holidays, including the Eids. That still holds true even though some of you can't just accept that you're wrong. Just take the "L" and let it go.

The persecution complex is strong right now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join