It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Threatened to Handcuff First Class Customer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

United threatened first-class passenger with handcuffs to leave overbooked flight.

United Airlines, which has been embroiled in a bitter public relations battle after video emerged of a passenger being forcibly dragged off a plane, reportedly threatened a first-class passenger with handcuffs in a separate incident last week. Geoff Fearns, who purchased a full-priced first-class ticket to travel from Hawaii to California, was asked to get off the plane by an airline employee because the flight had been overbooked, according to The Los Angeles Times. “That’s when they told me they needed the seat for somebody more important who came at the last minute,” Fearns told the newspaper. “They said they have a priority list and this other person was higher on the list than me.”
thehill.com...

Now how is this still a thing?? same airlines mind you same ppl running it, have not learnt a damn thing?? but wait it gets better.

Upon returning home, Fearns wrote to the airline’s CEO, Oscar Munoz, asking for a full reimbursement of the price he paid for the ticket and for United to donate $25,000 to a charity of his choosing.United responded by telling him a refund would not be possible, but offered the difference in price between what he initially paid and the economy seat. They also offered him a $500 credit to put towards another ticket.“Despite the negative experience, we hope to have your continued support,” an airline customer service representative reportedly wrote to Fearns. “Your business is especially important to us and we'll do our utmost to make your future contacts with United satisfactory in every respect.”
thehill.com...

They moved this poor rich guy to cattle between an arguing couple.

These ppl got jokes , ah mean really?? they basically said fk-u ,take what we give U and be happy about it.
Btw it must really suck to know that even when you buy class a bigger fish can out class you..at the drop of a dime..

Guys & Gals lets all chip in and buy United for the cheap you know they are not likely to survive for much longer., I know there are ppl here that can run an airline.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

“Your business is especially important to us and we'll do our utmost to make your future contacts with United satisfactory in every respect.”

......... up to and including bodily injury to accommodate somebody else.

I think there is an "experiment" in progress.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Why people are still flying on United is beyond me. My guess is they all live in caves and don't read the news.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Exactly.

Why would anyone fly this airline?

Unless your a masochist.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Corps see us all as unit of profit. They have little to fear of going out of business, national security and all. So if things get bad enough, tax payer $$$$$ is going to flow their way.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What a crack up. They don't make the offer lucrative so no-one volunteers, then threaten people with bodily harm, then get sued and lose millions.

Just offer a million dollars up front instead, everyone will raise their hands, and you'll save all the cost of court, lawyers and settlements.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What a crack up. They don't make the offer lucrative so no-one volunteers, then threaten people with bodily harm, then get sued and lose millions.

Just offer a million dollars up front instead, everyone will raise their hands, and you'll save all the cost of court, lawyers and settlements.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Most people book more than a week in advance. Let's see how their sales are in about two weeks.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Is there a difference between US carriers? I really don't know.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Why people are still flying on United is beyond me. My guess is they all live in caves and don't read the news.

My guess, as someone who flies a lot, is that they've likely never had a bad experience with United themselves (such as myself), or there's limited number of flights on any given day so when you need to go somewhere you're just glad to get a ticket, or the different airlines range in price quite drastically sometimes and United offers them the most for their money.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I haven't flown in years, in fact the last time I was on an airplane, you could still smoke cigarettes on them lol.
I drive where I want to go. I don't need to cross an ocean to go to somewhere nice.
Between the service you get at the airports, lined up like cattle to let the TSA grope your ballz and these flying Nazis at United, I am surprised more people don't snap when attempting to fly.
That would have been me they dragged off the plane except I would have fought back until they beat me to death.
F*ck them.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Corps see us all as unit of profit. They have little to fear of going out of business, national security and all. So if things get bad enough, tax payer $$$$$ is going to flow their way.

Yes but at some level, they have to?? or should give some modicum of service if not for us unwashed masses then at least for those who can buy class..

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The flight wasn't overbooked, they had a "higher priority passenger" and wanted him to give up his first class seat for a coach seat.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

It really isn't that bad. My family lives across the 'pond' so I fly internationally numerous times per year and have never had any issues.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A little OT but Japan Airlines or JAL for short serve KFC during flights, only wished they had Burger king , oh and your Beers or saki is.. FREEEEE!!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I flew China to Taipei, in back of the bus class, and got Australian beef for dinner. Second only to Kobe beef.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The flight wasn't overbooked, they had a "higher priority passenger" and wanted him to give up his first class seat for a coach seat.

United to passenger: You are re-accommodated!

edit on 20Mon, 17 Apr 2017 20:57:48 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I flew China to Taipei, in back of the bus class, and got Australian beef for dinner. Second only to Kobe beef.

Oh Asian carriers are a hoot, I love flying Asiana or Korean Air, if I want to be cheap, but Jal if I have to get to NY in a hurry, I hear Singapore and Qatar are tops.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What would concern me most is that after business deservingly drops off, so does income. The first things to go will probably be crew, stewards/stewardesses. More importantly, if they are cutting back to try and stay afloat, plane maintenance. There is a reasonable probability in a cutback scenario where their planes become flying coffins, or piers. There is always the present business rule that weighs deaths/inaction/lawsuits against cost and potential insurance recovery to be considered.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I don't need to cross an ocean to go to somewhere nice.

There are nice places outside of the USA, and many Americans avail themselves of broadening their horizons and appreciation of other cultures. If you decide to travel you would know that other countries don't treat International passengers like the TSA horror stories. We were in the States 2 years ago and never really had a bad experience by the TSA.

You could also try to cross a "lake" to go somewhere nice like Canada.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join