It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you don't even remember

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hello.

How many times have you posted a comment on this site you regret or worse don't even remember making the comment?

A terrible feeling is logging into a social media account to read a ridiculous comment only to realize it was you who made the post.

Just curious. I hope I'm not alone.

edit on 17-4-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Depends on how much I had to drink ... before hitting Reply.

And whether or not the comment was to AugustusMasonicus. LOL

edit on 1742017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973
Hello.

How many times have you posted a comment on this site but forgot or worse don't even remember making the comment?

A terrible feeling is logging into a social media account to read a ridiculous comment only to realize it was you who made the post.

Just curious. I hope I'm not alone.

Nope! Never! you are terribly alone with your guilt and shame.
Next confessor (or denier) please step forward.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

I'm embarrassed by every post I ever made!

It's about growth. We are growing creatures; and especially with ATS, we are constantly growing in terms of education, spirit, emotion etc.

It's like looking back on childhood photos and essays and finding it hard to believe that was ever us. We are our present selves judging our past selves.

Hopefully, we've grown

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Other than here...I dont do any Fakebook, Instacrap, Twerker...none. Too much personal info out there...

Here? I sometimes forget stuff. Regrets. A couple maybe....

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have a rule. Before I open a bottle of magic water, you know, the one that makes you talk nonsense and fall over, I put my mobile comms safely out of reach. It has served me well and it is the product of bitter experience.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I have the opposite rule.

Keep things interesting. Keep people confused. Never post, text, or call sober

edit on 17-4-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My respects to you sir. I hope I don't hear one day that you are no longer on ATS because you drunkenly proposed marriage to a twenty stone Taiwanese She-Male who ended your life when you sobered up and jilted her at the altar.
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Typical weekend for me.

edit on 17-4-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ah the folly of youth.
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Nope! I own every post that i made. I don't drink so there won't be any drunken gibberish on ATS in the future too. I'm not even on the other social media sites and i'm kinda glad i didn't mutate into a person who needs to share every second of their life with total strangers. Also there is one golden rule. Everything you put up on the internet stays there forever. In this time and age one wrong pic or post can end your life for good. Newest example is the Antifa chick that got doxxed by /pol/. These people are relentless and found everything about her personal life in a few hours. Her whole life history including pics as a child are now on the internet forever. She clearly messed with the wrong crowd.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You got 94 posts. But nobodies perfect, the further back you go into my content the stupider i were.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Your homework assignment is to go back in one year's time and look at your intro thread.

How embarrassing! Then look at your 1,000th post. Then, a few thousand posts, if you're still a member, lol, you will see growth.

Besides that, don't post drunk!!

We all learn in our own way!!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

No Ragrets!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Other than here...I dont do any Fakebook, Instacrap, Twerker...none. Too much personal info out there...

Here? I sometimes forget stuff. Regrets. A couple maybe....

Same. I forget to follow through with things on here sometimes, mainly because Im busy trying to recall wha I have to follow through with in real life! LOL! I dont drink so unfortunately I have no excuses for idiotic things I say.

I TRIED to facebook.. I still have one out there with a bunch of ATS friends. Forgot the password.. and its still out there several years later. LOL! I dont do ANY social media. I was pressured about doing it for the business and my other job.. and my hobby.. but I refuse. I just cant do it. I pawned off the representation to an employee. One that had to tell me what KWIM and cisgender meant. AKA younger and knows stuff like that!

ATS is also the only forum I post on other than my own and thats business.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I regret nothing.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I have woken up with a severe case of foot in mouth disease my fair share, real life and the internet .

In those instances I have always found it better to just own it and apologize as soon as possible.. saying "I effed up there" doesn't make you weak.and to be honest when I have made those apologies sincerely I didn't lose the respect of my peers . I actually earned some..

No shame in being wrong..but neglecting to admit it is childish at best.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

I regret nothing.

I love that pic..

It reminds me of my psychotic sister and her lighting fires in the bathtub while my parents were at work...ahh the latchkey kid generation..good times..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage
Hey Ad! Ya sound like me here!

"Same. I forget to follow through with things on here sometimes, mainly because Im busy trying to recall wha I have to follow through with in real life! LOL! I dont drink so unfortunately I have no excuses for idiotic things I say."

I got my Life Support job, I got my Emergency Response Team stuff, I play music, I write, I got a wife and a dog (rather, they have ME)...and blood thinners that make my blood look something like pink lemonade...but I keep moving...kinda.

My wife called the other day...she said why did you just drive past our house? Sigh...such is my life...no time for Social Media and passwords from Hell!

Thanks.....MS
edit on 17-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: just..just...BECAUSE

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

My intro thread is basically still me..minus some odd grey hairs in my beard and more laugh wrinkles.

If anything my time here has taught me that the people behind these screen names sitting in there chairs has every right to there opinionand whether or not we agree on everything or even anything when it comes to politics religion or conspiracies, star wars versus star trek..

At the end of the day we are all curious and every single perspective on an issue only furthers to flesh out the details and seperate fact from fiction.

If you asked me seven years ago if I would still be posting here now I'd say probably not.

If you asked me today if I regret spending the last seven years here I can definitely say No Way..

I have never had a myspace, or a Facebook or used any of those other social media outlets this is my only online presence.

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 17-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join