It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lack of common sense in death penalty in america

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
was just watching abc and they were going on and on about how 8 guys on death row due to die in next 11 days had there executions put on hold because the drugs they used were expiring. more on the problem from ny times www.nytimes.com... my question is so what you are putting them to death for horrific crimes if the drug might be going off so what give them a bigger dose or try a different method lots to choose from electric chair , gas chamber , hell you could always use a firing squad. why are they making a thing out of this and making the victims families go through more stress? smdh .

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yeah, they actually spend a lot of money on those injections too. There has to be a cheaper way. You do not get the death penalty unless you did something bad. I think more people should get the death penalty. What is more humane, sticking someone in prison for the rest of their lives or ending their life after a couple of appeals.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I never understood why they would not just inject a large dose of morphine? Is it because they want the person mentally aware and in fear during the procedure?

Serious question.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Or heroin for that matter. If coca cola can legally manufacture Cocaine through a medical subsidiary inside the US, whats stopping someone from legally producing Heroin for a lethal dose in death penalty? I mean, heroin is still used today to mask murders as suicides.

Honestly the most affordable humane execution is a .22LR fired from a rifle point blank into the temple. And its small enough to not leave such a mess that open casket can always be an option at the family's funeral.

It is fairly ridiculous indeed the thumb twiddling that goes on with execution methods.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
one of the things they were fussing about the pain relievers were going out and not effective hell just liquor them up

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Exactly... I've always wondered, if people are sentenced to death, why not just hang them or shoot them? How is frying them with electricity or injecting them with lethal chemicals or making them breathe poisonous gas more "humane"? When they're sentenced to death, just kill 'em and get it over with. A rope or a bullet is far cheaper and does the exact same thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Ropes and bullets rarely kill fast and painless. They are not foolproof either. Not that i care really. These people who deserve to be executed, shouldn't have done what they did to get there.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: trollz

Ropes and bullets rarely kill fast and painless. They are not foolproof either. Not that i care really. These people who deserve to be executed, shouldn't have done what they did to get there.

True, but why not OD them on an Opioid? It is fast, cheap, and effective. No combinations of expensive drugs needed... just plug it in and wait a few minutes.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Cost effective and brutal. I say dose them with antifreeze. And be a hell of a lot faster about it. Stop putting them up on the taxpayer dime for decades prior to execution. Billions of dollars could be saved by metaphorically taking out the effing trash.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The funniest thing too is the actually sterilize the needles and stuff too... why? You are killing to guy, who gives a flip about germs at that point.

This is just people being silly trying to prevent the death penalty and has no basis in logic. There is no "humane" way to kill someone. Just get that sh*t over with. Double tap and be done with it if the drugs have expired.

Personally, I am all for slow painful torture but whatever.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I suppose it would be too much to ask that the US join the rest of the developed world by outlawing capital punishment? Not only is it a feat for lawyers - current impasse being a case in point - the practice is a backward.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That is absolutely too much to ask, what were you thinking? Well your entitled to your opinion at least.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think it's time to bring back the electric chair,hanging or firing squad,majority of murders lack remorse,so their final feelings should be a moot point

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think it's time to bring back the electric chair,hanging or firing squad,majority of murders lack remorse,so their final feelings should be a moot point

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
was just watching abc and they were going on and on about how 8 guys on death row due to die in next 11 days had there executions put on hold because the drugs they used were expiring. more on the problem from ny times www.nytimes.com... my question is so what you are putting them to death for horrific crimes if the drug might be going off so what give them a bigger dose or try a different method lots to choose from electric chair , gas chamber , hell you could always use a firing squad. why are they making a thing out of this and making the victims families go through more stress? smdh .

Most people who are sentenced to death are there for killing someone. Killing someone is terrible. Let's kill them for it! Great logic.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Surely you're not suggesting that capital punishment is chosen because it's "more humane" than a long stretch?

Anyway, it's not.

Most folk would take jail time over execution any day.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Surely you're not suggesting that capital punishment is chosen because it's "more humane" than a long stretch?

Anyway, it's not.

Most folk would take jail time over execution any day.

People who kill someone sometimes have issues, it bothers them for the rest of their life. Others think nothing of it, they think they had a right to kill another person they were robbing. Some people have a conscience, others don't. A person who has a conscience can be changed easier than one who does not have one.

I support the death penalty for people who are serial killers, not someone who just had a bad moment and took someone's life and can be reformed to fit back into society. Some people cannot be reformed, they just teach other prisoners to be like them in prison and it makes it harder to reform those who can be reformed.

I remember talking to my dad about his time in the war, he was a rifleman. He was a long range shooter who would shoot threats from a spot, sort of a sniper. He did not like to talk about it, he just said that war makes you do a lot of things you later regret. He even said that if you kill an animal you cannot waste it, and you do not waste food because a living being died so we can eat.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The guy who just shot an innocent elderly man collecting cans on the road and posted it to facebook certainly needs the death penalty. Id prefer if the police turn him into a skid mark with their car as soon as they see him too though. Kind of like this crazy lady.

These are the types who get the death penalty, not emotional spouses who shot their cheating lovers in bed with the mistress/mistro or parents who shoot a child's rapist. In these cases, I also fully support the police turning them into skid marks, saving us all quite a bit of tax money.
edit on 4-18-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

The guy who just shot an innocent elderly man collecting cans on the road and posted it to facebook certainly needs the death penalty. Id prefer if the police turn him into a skid mark with their car as soon as they see him too though. Kind of like this crazy lady.

These are the types who get the death penalty, not emotional spouses who shot their cheating lovers in bed with the mistress/mistro or parents who shoot a child's rapist. In these cases, I also fully support the police turning them into skid marks, saving us all quite a bit of tax money.

I totally agree. If someone is a serial killer, I do not hold it against the police if they shoot the person. If the person is a terrorist, I think the cops should shoot the person. If the police catch someone in the act of causing something hideous, they shouldn't have to try to risk their lives to try to take the person alive if they have a weapon and are shooting at them.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I say bring back the guillotine. Its quick, cheap, sustainable, and environment friendly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join