It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Avoid Cultural Appropriation at Coachella

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
Does this mean I can't cook tacos anymore?

One fraternity got major grief for wearing sombreros and serapes.
I wouldn't risk it on any campus.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: trumpsuxx

Liberal "inclusion" / appropriation means stuff from other cultures are only to be included for being worn by the source cultures, apparently.

That is correct. But they have no problem with non white people using or excelling at anything white. Example:

1) Yo Yo Ma excels at cello: applause all around

2) Macklamore sells millions of rap records: "It doesn't count because he's just an appropriator." Literal fb post of one of fb contacts.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: trumpsuxx
How to Avoid Cultural Appropriation at Coachella

But every year, the thorn in the festival's side is appropriative fashion. From the overtly racist to the blindly ignorant, some Coachella attendees see festival fashion as the opportunity — knowingly or unknowingly — to demean cultures for Instagram likes.

I am Liberal and proud but this far left shyt is so ridiculous, This is so stupid, what about white cultural appropriation...why can't people just shaddap about taking this and that from each culture. The only time I think it is bad is when it is outright racism. We all use something from each culture, doesn't mean it is bad. Stop seeing every damn thing as racist, pretty damn soon that word will lose it's meaning.

By the way I am a minority who has faced real racism and when people make crap up and call it racism, it really p's me off.

LOL! Coachella is an overpriced millennial festival meant only for those that can afford the ticket, travel and accommodations....the fact cultural appropriation is even coming up is ridiculous to me.

They try to say and act like their lineup is all indie bands and push whatever agenda, but just look at their history...they are all about HUGE names drawing crowds and way overcharging for the festival. Problem is there are enough college kids living on mommy and daddy fitting the bill they get large crowds. And they are now using these crowds to push political agendas.

I guess one saving grace is that it's in CA so they are preaching to the choir for the most part.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join