It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Theater faces criticism for gay versions of Bible stories

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You said -

Yes a YouTube video or a blog is not comparable to a play shown a stage.

I never mentioned a blog nor linked a YouTube video, Gryphon did.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Logarock

Not me. YOUR people said that. That is a quote from a Christian.

Being bright isn't a prerequisite for being a Christian.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Every time I get into a debate with you it ends in you obfuscation.

Huh? I am simply explaining to you why they did it and why it is humorous? It's to show how stupid some Christians really are.
How is that obfuscating?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Even the ultra-religious Church of Jesus Christ of LDS has this tolerant response to the broadway musical The Book of Mormon:

"The production may attempt to entertain audiences for an evening, but the Book of Mormon as a volume of scripture will change people's lives forever by bringing them closer to Christ."

Pretty kindly. On the other hand, the creators of the musical, also the creators of South Park, were beaten to censorship by Islamic extremism with their Muhammad debacle.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Gryphon66

Come on! Be a little honest that the gay whatever takes its pound of flesh.

Perhaps ... as soon as you define what the "gay whatever" is.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You said -

Yes a YouTube video or a blog is not comparable to a play shown a stage.

I never mentioned a blog nor linked a YouTube video, Gryphon did.

You said this:

"LOL so if it isn't play it doesn't count?"

And I answered the question.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Every time I get into a debate with you it ends in you obfuscation.

Huh? I am simply explaining to you why they did it and why it is humorous? It's to show how stupid some Christians really are.
How is that obfuscating?

Ok so the production is simply a shot at christians? Hay lets have a laugh at christians expense. LOL Or what?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ah the old "more equal" argument. Tired and trite.

How sad that you see this 20 year old play as an "attack" ... because of course important Biblical figures can't be reimagined as LGBT ... becauske that's perverse and disgusting?

LOL it's great when you guys tell the truth in spite of yourselves.
edit on 17-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Gryphon66

Come on! Be a little honest that the gay whatever takes its pound of flesh.

Perhaps ... as soon as you define what the "gay whatever" is.

That gay cultural monitor that crushes all outside of the politically correct yellow lines.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Ok so the production is simply a shot at christians? Hay lets have a laugh at christians expense. LOL Or what?

UUUUUHHHHHHH the Christians have been making shots at us first!!!!
Pay attention!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Oh wow you really get confused and can't tell us apart. Maybe you have a severe case of ADD or ADHD? Don't worry I have ADD myself.

But anyway try to focus.

You claimed that the same actors in that play wouldn't do the same for Quran. That is your claim and you need to prove it. I've shown you a good example but you wouldn't accept it because "it isn't a play" and that they are not the same people. Are you a psychic who knows that the actors in the play wouldn't do it because "we know why" and "they single the Christians out and not Muslims".

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ah the old "more equal" argument. Tired and trite.

How sad that you see this 20 year old play as an "attack" ... because of course important Biblical figures can't be reimagined as LGBT ... becauske that's perverse and disgusting?

LOL it's great when you guys tell the truth in spite of yourselves.

Thats not what this is. Not simply. Its more like really a bunch of hypocrites having a good laugh at the one thing that dare contradict the same sex narcissisim that prevails these days. Like Nero.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

UUUUUHHHHHHH the Christians have been making shots at us first!!!!
Pay attention!

Oh no things have changed now. The bus left the stop and not everybody got on apparently. Still gots to make fun of christians.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Oh wow you really get confused and can't tell us apart. Maybe you have a severe case of ADD or ADHD? Don't worry I have ADD myself.

But anyway try to focus.

You claimed that the same actors in that play wouldn't do the same for Quran. That is your claim and you need to prove it. I've shown you a good example but you wouldn't accept it because "it isn't a play" and that they are not the same people. Are you a psychic who knows that the actors in the play wouldn't do it because "we know why" and "they single the Christians out and not Muslims".

Wow you said something for once. Good job.

Is there a play about the Quran? No. There is Voltaire's play Mohammed, but it was shutdown due to riot when they tried to show it. There are many plays about Jesus, The Book of Mormon, and countless depictions of Jesus.

You, on the other hand, can only mention a drawing contest that was attacked by furious extremists. I think my point still stands.
edit on 17-4-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Wow you said something for once. Good job.

I've already said it long long time ago. I guess you missed it but anyway...

You, on the other hand, can only mention a drawing contest that was attacked by furious extremists. I think my point still stands.

You are the one who claimed that NO ONE would do or have done it (doesn't matter if it is a play, drawing contest or anything) because "we know why". YOUR WORD.

There is Voltaire's play Mohammed, but it was shutdown due to riot when they tried to show it.

I'll need more information on that but it seems that you are partially admitting that you are wrong since they were planning on it. But I'll hold my opinion till you give me more information.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

My point from the very beginning was that no one would do the same play but with a Quranic angle. I'm not sure how that is so difficult for you.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm not sure how that is so difficult for you.

I've understood your point from the beginning. I've understood that you were limiting it to only the actors in that play. Not sure why it's so difficult for you to get that.

And why are you ignoring my last paragraph?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I didnt look it up, but is the play a comedy??

Just personally, there are a lot of things that can offend. Try being the kid in a school that ALWAYS gets the freaking indian part in the thanksgiving play. Or being looked at as the spokesperson for all things NDN. In elementary school we were playing indians in class and had to pick out indian names.. which made my dad go berzerko when I came home with the assignment and new indian name. LMFAO!!! There are a lot of things I dont like... catholic teachings are one. The catholic religion in general. BUT.. I have never disliked a person solely for being catholic. I have loved catholics. I have saved catholics lives. Ive never been moved to violence against anyone for preaching at me... usually its done out of concern for me.. which is actually a positive thing. When my middle daughter was getting her transplant I didnt ask if the liver came from a black or white or catholic or muslim. Ive never been moved to violence for racial slurs or stupid crap said about my ethnicity or my beliefs.

There are xtians who are violent and use their xtianity as an excuse. Abortion clinic bombers.. etc. Its not so common its on the news often like some religions and their violence. Xtians can be terribly hateful to gays.. seriously horrible. Ive never seen xtians as a group throwing them off of buildings or setting them afire because they are gay and the bible said to do so. The new covenant has taken that off of the table. The crusades are over. The political use of the catholics by the catholics is a part of sordid history. I belive they are a death cult and nuts.. but they have become kinder and more loving people... they have grown over the centuries. Id like it if Muslims could move into this century and realize their own violence has made them so disliked and judged. Conversely, Ive seen Muslims shield xtians and vice versa.. from violence. I think the violence has to be in the person to begin with and is prompted by religion or beliefs. Im a volatile and at times violent person.. but I have never and would never harm a person due to their religion or belief or lack of ... for ANY reason. I might disagree vehemently and feel they are complete jackasses or school them on their OWN history.. but never harm them.

Saying all of that.. a gay play about the bible is done for shock value and shock value alone. Im not fooled and you shouldnt be either.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You wanted to admit I'm wrong for reasons that had nothing to do with my point.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You are correct that nobody did a similar play for Quran (even though you admitted that they tried to) but you made a claim that nobody would do it because "we know why" (your word).

I tried to expand that to include other events just so that you can see that other people have tried to do similar thing (offending Muslims) and you wouldn't accept that for some reason.

You made two claims: they will not do a play for Quran because - 1. They are scared and 2. They single out Christians.
YOUR CLAIM.

Now are you going to give me more information about that Voltaire's play?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join