It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AFSPC commander unveils three major space initiatives at 33rd Space Symposium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I'm making t6his post because of a conversation I had with a young man who is in the Airforce. I told him about the "supposed" Navy Space program and I asked him if the Air Force had a Space program. He told me that the Air Force does indeed have a Space program and that it is larger than NASA. Our conversation inspired this thread. I found this information from a quick web search. It discusses how the Air Force Space Command-AFSPC is apparently ramping up its efforts to achieve/maintain its dominance in Space.

During a keynote address, General Jay Raymond, commander of Air Force Space Command, announced a new office for space at the Air Staff, a new warfighting construct for space, and improvements in space battle management command and control. Raymond highlighted the 35-year history of AFSPC, its Airmen, and how the command has evolved from its creation during the Cold War, its first combat engagement during Operation Desert Storm, and the current space threats our nation faces today. He noted the successful test of an anti-satellite weapon by the Chinese in 2007, which created more than 3,000 pieces of space debris, and marked the beginning of a new era for space. “That event marked the third phase of this command – the modern era for military space, where space is a joint warfighting domain,” said Raymond. “Just like air, land and sea, space is a warfighting domain and the Airmen of AFSPC are joint warfighters.” Raymond introduced the Space Warfighting Construct, which combines transformational and warfighting-focused command initiatives to maintain space superiority in the 21st century. This new era in space is defined by a contested, degraded and operationally-limited environment. Raymond spoke about how the command is evolving to ensure our space capabilities are available for the warfighter in this new environment.

I've held the belief for years now that the Navy has the only Space program which is supposed to be a secret. Now apparently, the Air Force has one and it's on par with or even more advanced than NASA. Based on this quick Web search and the specifics discussed concerning the defense of Space assets, this tells me that there's more going on dealing with Space than we know about. I'd like to hear what my fellow ATS'ers have to say after reading about the Space Warfighting Construct delivered at the 33rd Space Symposium. What say you, ATS?

www.afspc.af.mil...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

None of this is a secret, and it's not the "secret space navy" with space ships that travel to other planets.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That looks incredible fake? It seems real, but... 33rd? "Space mission force: preparing warfighters for combat against a thinking adversary"? What's a not thinking adversary?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's real.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Hello ATS. I'm making t6his post because of a conversation I had with a young man who is in the Airforce. I told him about the "supposed" Navy Space program and I asked him if the Air Force had a Space program. He told me that the Air Force does indeed have a Space program and that it is larger than NASA. Our conversation inspired this thread. I found this information from a quick web search. It discusses how the Air Force Space Command-AFSPC is apparently ramping up its efforts to achieve/maintain its dominance in Space.

During a keynote address, General Jay Raymond, commander of Air Force Space Command, announced a new office for space at the Air Staff, a new warfighting construct for space, and improvements in space battle management command and control. Raymond highlighted the 35-year history of AFSPC, its Airmen, and how the command has evolved from its creation during the Cold War, its first combat engagement during Operation Desert Storm, and the current space threats our nation faces today. He noted the successful test of an anti-satellite weapon by the Chinese in 2007, which created more than 3,000 pieces of space debris, and marked the beginning of a new era for space. “That event marked the third phase of this command – the modern era for military space, where space is a joint warfighting domain,” said Raymond. “Just like air, land and sea, space is a warfighting domain and the Airmen of AFSPC are joint warfighters.” Raymond introduced the Space Warfighting Construct, which combines transformational and warfighting-focused command initiatives to maintain space superiority in the 21st century. This new era in space is defined by a contested, degraded and operationally-limited environment. Raymond spoke about how the command is evolving to ensure our space capabilities are available for the warfighter in this new environment.

I've held the belief for years now that the Navy has the only Space program which is supposed to be a secret. Now apparently, the Air Force has one and it's on par with or even more advanced than NASA. Based on this quick Web search and the specifics discussed concerning the defense of Space assets, this tells me that there's more going on dealing with Space than we know about. I'd like to hear what my fellow ATS'ers have to say after reading about the Space Warfighting Construct delivered at the 33rd Space Symposium. What say you, ATS?

www.afspc.af.mil...

There is also no "supposed" Naval Space Command. It is very real and here is a old video from them and NASA on orbital mechanics. They also have a wiki page. On another note my grandfather worked with AFSPC and Lockeed on the ole Star Wars program. He was stationed at Peterson and did most his work out of NORAD.

LINK

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Space Command deals with satellites and missiles, not starships and aliens.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

As far as you know. remember the phrase non terrestrial officers.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Which is from a hacker and no official source and could be complete bull and there is no context.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Countless times on ATS I've respond to threads that display a grand ignorance of what is public, but little-know, knowledge of the US space efforts that got into gear with "Start Wars," President Reagan's "Space Defense Initiative" (SDI) as it was formerly called. So here again, i bring forth some of those almost secrets.

In 1989 the Air Force Association published a book that was commissioned by and drafted for US Congress members to education them about the military and space. The book,Military Space Forces: The Next 50 years was written by John M. Collins, a total novice to space applications. (In that regard, he had no secrets and could only write what he was told or could find in media.) It is a book in total defiance of the world Space Treaty. Basically, the book informs us that all of space above Earth out to the entire orbit of the Moon is destined for military operations and that the US will dominate that area.

The dividing up of the chores for working that area started long ago. Eventually, they merged under one umbrella with every service taking a share of the responsibility. As of September 1, 1982, Step One commenced. The Air Force was alone as the official Air Force Space Command, with three Wings: First Wing was Surveillance and Warning. Second Wing was OP Center and Satellite Control. The Third wing was Support.

Step II of the plan emerged October 1, 1983, as the Naval Space Command. It consisted two groups, the Astronauntics Group and the Space Surveillance System.

Step III began on September 23, 1985, as the official US Space Command. It included the Air Force tasked with Satellite Control, surveillance and Warning. The Navy got the clerk jobs, Navigation, Surveillance and Communications.

Step IV pm April 7, 1988, saw the inclusion of the Army into the program. It shared some of the Navy's communications assignments. From those fledgling starts, the sometimes competing services were able to work out among themselves charts of Representative Functional Components." From the insights provided by the notorious British hacker Gary McKinnon, we can conclude that the Navy was better suited in all capabilities to be the master of manned spacecraft and got that job and the necessary equipment while the Air Force was doomed to atmospheric duties.

Interestingly, even the Marines got a piece of the pie and that can be understood by understanding the shipboard duties of Marines on combat sea vessels, on board cops.

There is a lot more that I've gleamed from that book about the plan set in action by Reagan's SDI, but so few want to hear it as it conflicts with what they want to believe by being told what to believe.

BTW: The book's ISBN number is ISBN 0-08-037432-8. I seriously doubt that even the Library of Congress retains a copy.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I've held the belief for years now that the Navy has the only Space program which is supposed to be a secret...

Pfft. You shoulda just asked me.

Not only does Navy and the Air Force have a space command, so does the Army.

Hell, I've WORKED for Air Force Space Command as a contractor. Pretty sure I've even posted on ATS about the little stuff...

Yup, here's one.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

BTW: The book's ISBN number is ISBN 0-08-037432-8. I seriously doubt that even the Library of Congress retains a copy.

Want one? Forty bucks and shipping and it's yours. Pretty sure I've got a copy out in the home office at Chez Bedlam.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

No, thanks, don't need it. 'Got my own copy and I've read it. The book itself, except for the early details I've cited, is a piece of crap created entirely for ignorant Congress people that know nothing about the militarization of space but are require to help push budgets and get things done.

I went to that thread you gave and can't say that I found a single bit of information there that was relevant to a genuine space force that has ships and crews in space and probably on the Moon (would probably include the triangles). Of course, you are restrained by oaths and can't really tell us anything, right?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

But you did find that there was an AFSC that was posted about on ATS years ago, that Gen Lord was running it, and that there was an adjunct program in near space that used balloons and aerostats.

And that there were also Navy and Army variants.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

But you did find that there was an AFSC that was posted about on ATS years ago, that Gen Lord was running it, and that there was an adjunct program in near space that used balloons and aerostats.

And that there were also Navy and Army variants.

I assume that you didn't read my post that gave an official listing of how the Space Force came about and matured under IDS and was printed in that book in 1989?

What's with this "used balloons and aerostats" stuff? That is disinformation cover stuff for the real ships that McKinnon wrote about and thousands and thousand of Americans (mostly for not a strange reason) have witnessed the amazing space-capable triangles right in front of our noses. As I've repeatedly said (claimed if you will) I and about 20 others witnessed a huge triangle move over Laramie in June of 1998 moving low, slow and silently for about 20 minutes.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I assume you didn't notice that you're three or four years behind the ATS curve?

Space Command has many irons in the fire. However, non-traditional propulsion craft are not under the aegis of AFSC.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

As far as I know, yes....Except I happened to work in AFSPC for 7 years. I had a TS-SCI clearance. Did lots of cool stuff, just nothing to do with secret space flight.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
but then who currently runs the star gate? and i thought the generals in charge were hammond then rigadier general o'neil

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Thanks!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yup, the command authorized the 8-9 foot old boy to help in the cargo bay......'Twas on ATS I saw the pic or a link to the pic of a 8-9 foot alien in a suit......on the shuttle right there in the bay.....

new topics

top topics

join