It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your " mandela effect beliefs " - a poll to correlate your belief with your expertise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't think New Zealand has moved or my organs are in the wrong place, heck I'm not even sure the Mandela effect should a real thing, although it's fascinating to read what others have to say about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I would not expect a medical expert to come on a forum and admit that his heart used to be on his right. Does not mean these people are not out there.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I was under the impression for a long time that the band Steely Dan made only ONE album, which is what made them unique. Then I switched multiverses.

Here I thought they had only one hit song,

On topic, I'm not sure about the whole ME thing, but yea, Berenstein.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I trust and alway will trust in Point Break.

If New Zealand was where the Mandelas say it is, then why, while their standing on Bells Beach would Bodie tell Johnny Utah-

"Comon man cliffs on both sides, not like I'm going to paddle to New Zealand",

edit on 18-4-2017 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

I am one of those who were surprised by New Zealand's placement.

I am pretty sure the issue is with my memory and not the entire universe .. or with New Zealand.

I figured I just confused it with New Guinea

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
note to self - i shall remain polite - i shall remain polite

hey - lets be blunt - i am of the opinion that the mandela effect = sponsored by dunning // kreuger

so - lets have a " test " - and please be honest - because lying just shows that you are not only wrong - but dishonest too

my premise is simple :

has anyone who believes that " new zealand was in a different place " :

served in a military or merchant navy ? hold a degree in geology ? teach geography [ hisghchool or above ] ?

or have ANY diploma or credential that we should accept as expertise ?

or people who believe thier heart // kidneys // insert other organ is " in the wrong place "

hold any proffesional qualification in medicine ? heck i will even accept vetinary medicine or scrapping the barrel - " i has a diploma in butchery "

responses should not be limited to the above 2 examples - but i expect a credible link between the mandela effect you believe - and your proffesional qualification

so - lets have your correlations

Congratulations on your diploma in butchery. May we ask: butchery of what?

Do you have any other qualifications, that permits you to stand and look down, mocking the ME believers?

Other than plate-tectonics, the Earth spinning on it's axis, and our rotation around the sun: we are told by science that our solar-system is moving at approximately 828000 kph through our galaxy, and our galaxy is moving around a "local-group", at well over 2 million kph.

But these values change, as does absolutely everything in the Universe. It's all impermanent.

So nothing ever stays "the same". Nothing is ever in the same place, including your heart, and New Zealand.

(Before the Zealandia announcement).

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Do you have any other qualifications, that permits you to stand and look down, mocking the ME believers?

I personally don't think a diploma or degree is required to know that there are people who are misinformed, and that people (anyone) can mis-remember things, and people (anyone) can feel something is a fact, but that fact be based one falsely information or false perception.

What I'm saying is that nothing anyone has ever presented as evidence that ME is caused by alternate timelines/realities/dimensions can't simply be explained by the fact the human memory and perception is fallible, and that some people can hold a false fact long enough to believe that the fact is true (that is to say, simply because they have always believed something, that somehow means that it must be true).

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: lambs to lions

His point is no actual experts who have an opinion that matters have these beliefs. There are no heart surgeons who suddenly start thinking hearts are in the wrong place. That lends credence to it being misremembered, and nothing is changed.

Not entirely. In a previous Mandela Effect thread a user spoke of a nurse friend who had been taken aback by one or a few of the "biological changes".
Instead of saying "There are no experts/ professionals who experienced these" it's wiser to just ask "Hey, are there any and will you come forward?"
I might be able to help actually. I have always been a perfect English student and perfect speller and was asked to compete in a 9th grade state spelling bee. Throughout primary school, high school or college, any grades I made in literary subjects were always A's, even if I was failing in maths. I have worked as a journalist for a small town newspaper and am working on a book with a harbored ambition to publish. I have no history of mental illness apart from depression and minor PTSD, and I remember a word that was spelled "dilemna", as well as a few other spelling variations. Dilemna was the first one I noticed, actually, and that was around my 6th grade year. Not only do I feel certain words changed, but I remember the exact day I began noticing the changes.
I woke up that morning with a disconcerting feeling of depersonalization; one that I couldn't shake, accompanied by the disturbingly vague but equally potent feeling that I was in another timeline. Those were my thoughts, as an 11 year old! Another timeline! How oddly specific a thing to occur to anyone.
Still, the sun was whiter, the sounds were more abrasive, and I just felt wholly "off". I wondered if maybe I was still dreaming, and thought "Maybe I should try to go back to sleep and wake up again..." but I could clearly feel my body as a physical entity and there were no apparent spontaneous set changes or illogical things like mom turning into a bicycle or my cat wearing sunglasses and speaking Spanish, so I tried to shake it off. The feeling stuck with me though.
The date was September 24th, 2001, shortly after 9-11. I had a crummy moment where I went to the bathroom to get ready for school, and instead of going right about my routine, I had to stop, with the faucet running, and just look myself in the eye to tell myself everything would be okay. I was scared. I didn't want to walk out the door, and had to spend a good 10 minutes giving myself a pep talk, and almost missed the bus that morning.
edit on 18-4-2017 by LAkadian because: Grammar

edit on 18-4-2017 by LAkadian because: Addendum

edit on 18-4-2017 by LAkadian because: Spell check is killing me, lol.

edit on 18-4-2017 by LAkadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2017 by LAkadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: Nothin

I personally don't think a diploma or degree is required to know that there are people who are misinformed, and that people (anyone) can mis-remember things, and people (anyone) can feel something is a fact, but that fact be based one falsely information or false perception.

What I'm saying is that nothing anyone has ever presented as evidence that ME is caused by alternate timelines/realities/dimensions can't simply be explained by the fact the human memory and perception is fallible, and that some people can hold a false fact long enough to believe that the fact is true (that is to say, simply because they have always believed something, that somehow means that it must be true).

Thanks for the reply Box.
Seems like that partial quote that you used, from a previous post, might feel a bit out-of-context all alone.
The context would be: The OP was asked about qualifications, because they asked 2 or 3 times in the original post for replies from people with specific qualifications. Personally don't give a hoot about diplomas or qualifications.

In previous threads: it has been widely accepted by ME experiencers, that their own memory is fallible. There's no argument about that.
Yet society does give quite a bit of support to peoples memories, like in court-cases, after-event reports, and in many other domains.

There may not ever be conclusive proof of the ME, neither for nor against.
This appears very difficult for some to get their heads around.

If Someone tells a friend that they just experienced "déjà-vue", and they have previously experienced it, then it's easier to accept, even if it's impossible to prove. They can relate to the tale.
Yet it seems that when presented with someone whom has experienced something that the other person has not: (ex: out-of-body experience; near-death experience; lucid dream; depression; anxiety attacks; wild sex with a total stranger; etc), then it is very very difficult for the other person to relate.

Only the most sensitive listener will catch-on to the subtle clues, that communicate whether the story-teller is being genuine or not.
The egocentric know-it-all will just immediately dismiss them, because it doesn't relate to their own limited experiences.

The quickest to judge, are the slowest to understand.
edit on 19-4-2017 by Nothin because: Vat?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I remember asking my mother why berenSTAIN was pronounced berenSTEEN when I was a little kid.

~Reader of English since 1987

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I remember buildings being constructed out of 2x4's

Now everything is 2x6's

My degree is Architecture

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

hussar - the first response that actually answers the question

now - can you clarify a few points ?

1 - buldings " used " to be constructed from 2 * 4 - really ?????????????? - wooden buildings i have seen " at close quaters " contain a vast multitude of structural and non structural timber dimensions

1b - " used to be " - 2 * 4 - are you claiming there is now an absence of 2*4 in historic buldings - and that this dimension cannot be found in old buildings being renovated // demolished ?

2 - buldings " are now " constructed from 2 * 6 - really ?????????????? - wooden buildings i have seen " at close quaters " contain a vast multitude of structural and non structural timber dimensions

my opinion on your statement - is that it is superficially " true " - as the building codes have evolved over the years -

my only real experience is structural steelwork and commercial electricals - and i know dammed well that design and practice that would have passed code 20 years ago - would now fail IN A NEW BUILD

so is your example really a " mandela effect " - as i say - please elaborate

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Now everything is 2x6's

My house is 23 years old and was built with 2x4 (nominal) wood wall framing. Today, that wall framing is still 2x4, and did not mysteriously transform into 2x6 (nominal) due to some alternate universe weirdness.

Residential construction today still commonly uses 2x4 wood wall framing, although 2x6 framing is not totally unheard of, neither now nor in the past.

Signed,
-- Soylent Green is People, RA, AIA, LEED AP

EDIT TO ADD:
Granted, the actual size of a 2x4 changed over the years. Decades ago (even back in the 19th century), the loose standard for a 2x4 was actually 2" x 4" -- although event those dimensions varied due to the various amounts of shrinkage by drying. I said "loose standard", because there was no official standard used by the building industry back then; it was more of a voluntary standard used by lumber suppliers.

Materials standardization is important for a modern construction industry. If an architect specs a material, it would be helpful if that material had some size and performances standards behind it, or else the architect and engineers would always need to test the performance measures of everything they spec'd. So in the 1960s, the 2x4 was standardized by the lumber industry to be an actual size of 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" (although that was a size being used in practice for a few years even prior to the standardization).

So if you measure a 2x4 in a house built in the 1920s, it is likely that the 2x4 (nominal) will be close to 2" x 4" (actual). However, if you go to your lumberyard today and measure a piece of 2x4 framing lumber, that piece of lumber would measure 1-1/2" by 3-1/2".

edit on 19/4/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm talking about much further into the future.
If you can create an environment where everyone misremebers minor details and people start to question their own memories (in relation to the memories of others) it would become much easier to start implementing small changes and slowly build up to the important stuff.

Like I said, prepare the ground in advance. One day it could be something very important indeed.

I think that is what 'they' are doing.
C-3PO never had a silver leg. Why would he, if the rest of him was gold?
My memory is very clear on this.
Damned silly...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have often found that something I thought was true was, on investigation, not the case.

An example being that Rockin All Over The World was not written and first recorded by Status Quo

Is that the Mandela Effect? People learning something they didnt previously know? In which case it is real.

On the other hand, I have never heard anyone who thought that Mandela died in prison say how the subsequent history of SA differred from what the rest of us remembered .....

If thats the Mandela Effect then its a silly hoax. Pure and simple.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Now everything is 2x6's

Still 2x4s here in the UK

Never heard of 2x6s .......

Where is NZ in your world?!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

this is why i work with steel - the dimensions are` always consistent

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Tell that to Ford, i had a hell of a time replacing their clutch cables!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join