It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll: Trump’s Approval Hits 50 Percent, Most Americans Say He’s Keeping His Promises

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SBMcG

Oh but it does matter a great deal to Trump doesn't it?

Biggest inauguration ever...

That reply has nothing to do with polling. What's your point?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Uh... It does.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Uh... It does.

No, it doesn't.

This isn't the Mud Pit. This thread is about presidential approval polling.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Elections have consequences.

At the same time, Trump doesn't have carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wants as he found out recently. The Republicans aren't in uniform agreement. Checks and Balances are still a thing. And the Democrats still exist in large numbers within Congress, you can't just ignore them.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

At the same time, Trump doesn't have carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wants as he found out recently. The Republicans aren't in uniform agreement. Checks and Balances are still a thing. And the Democrats still exist in large numbers within Congress, you can't just ignore them.

Id say gorsuch showed they ignored the democrats we now have a right wing judge because they got stuck on saying no.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If you think that Gorsuch will be a lock on implementing Trump's policies just because he's right wing moderate then I have a bridge to sell you.
edit on 17-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You know who really doesn't have Carte Blanche or Carte anything right now?

Leftists.

All they can do is snipe at President Trump from the sidelines while he continues to systematically dismantle the failed policies of a failed president.

And I find it supremely hypocritical to hear a leftist say that just because the Republicans won the election it doesn't mean the Democrats should be shut out when Barack Hussein Obama said that very same thing after winning in 2012.

Barack Hussein Obama: "Republicans can get in the back." And, "elections have consequences."

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

And approval is everything to Trump.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump Apr 16
More
Why would I call China a currency manipulator when they are working with us on the North Korean problem? We will see what happens!

Think that will affect the polls at all?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump Apr 16
More
Why would I call China a currency manipulator when they are working with us on the North Korean problem? We will see what happens!

Think that will affect the polls at all?

I doubt it -- it's clear to me that Trump is using the Chinese toward some greater end. I'm not one of these Trump supporters overly bothered by the fact that he seems to adjust his thinking as events unfold. To me, that is simply common sense.

Again, I could care less about presidential approval polls. When Obama's were in the dumper I never brought them up because I think they're irrelevant most of the time. The only time these polls will become relevant is a month or two before November 2018.

I keep coming back to the same point -- the polls are always wrong with Trump. I don't know why -- I suspect there's a kind of reverse "Bradly Effect" taking place where a poll subject might not want to admit to supporting Trump for whatever reason.

And the damn polls are always all over the place. Rasmussen had one out today that had Trump at 50% and Gallup had one yesterday (I think) at 41%. It's crazy. All I know is that I live in a fairly Democrat-populated world (including my girlfriend) and there doesn't seem to be a lot of opinion one way or the other at this point.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

And approval is everything to Trump.

And...?

I still don't get your point. Unless someone is insane, approval is always preferable over disapproval.

No matter what Trump's poll numbers are, he's still going to be president. Bill Clinton's wife will never be president. Trump will continue to systematically dismantle the Obama legacy. He's done much already.

I know many leftists have bizarre alternate outcome election fantasies about Trump being impeached or removed or whatever. Fine. Then Pence would be president. Trust me, you liberals would beg for Trump back.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced. Please stay on topic......
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

originally posted by: buster2010
Finally proof that over 50% of the populace are total idiots. You would have to be an idiot to believe he is fulfilling his promises.

So that puts the population at 50% Idiots and 50% retards.... Wow!

Hmmmm?
edit on 4182017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You had a conservative replaced with a conservative.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Right? This is killing him.

He's so wishing he was Obama.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You had a conservative replaced with a conservative.

Problem is he will get one or two more shots at replacements. And when that happens i fear alot will change. Democrats didnt think of the long game here. His next picks will make this one look like a liberal.
edit on 4/18/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

And I find it supremely hypocritical to hear a leftist say that just because the Republicans won the election it doesn't mean the Democrats should be shut out when Barack Hussein Obama said that very same thing after winning in 2012.

Barack Hussein Obama: "Republicans can get in the back." And, "elections have consequences."

The difference between Obama and Trump is that Obama initially tried to work with the Republicans. It wasn't until after they made a stand to vote against everything Obama wanted to do, including procedural stuff that had never been challenged by Congress ever before, that he started going around the Republicans. Trump isn't even trying to work with the Democrats.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well, as it turns out, the Republicans were 100% correct to oppose Obama in every way they could -- especially on Obamacare, because it turned out to be the most unmitigated disaster in the history of disastrous leftist social programs.

America agreed evidently, and voted our leftists out of office in historic numbers is 2010.

Again, I do not agree with President Trump on this one issue. If it were up to me, I would have absolutely allowed Obamacare to completely collapse as a lesson to the dependent 47% who think everything should be a handout. There would be no way the leftist press could blame Trump and the GOP for something they opposed so vigorously (obviously for good reason). As you know, not one Republican voted for the Obamacare boondoggle.

And after the Gorsuch fiasco, why would Trump and the Republicans at this point "work with" the Democrats on any level?

Obama once famously said that elections have consequences. He also said that Republicans needed to "sit in the back".

It's funny how sometimes things come back full-circle...
edit on 18-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife knows about Pizzagate.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Translation: "Partisan obstructionism is only ok when my party does it."

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Translation: "Partisan obstructionism is only ok when my party does it."

Nope. Why should the Republicans have voted for something they knew was going to be a massive disaster, just like everything else Obama touched?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join