It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Trump Pick Aboard, Supreme Court Tackles Religious Rights

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Oh wow I never realized it was that bad. That needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thanks for sharing.

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Cut them off too. Muslims aren't special in this regard even though I know you brought that up because you think us liberals would argue exceptions for them.

I am fine with either or. Either cut all NPO or cut none of them. If all religions have equal access no religion is being promoted.

Non-religious NPOs aren't allowed to discriminate though. They aren't religious and I have no problem with them receiving tax money.

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

What? There's no ruling yet, how can I provide a source?

Then don't make the claim.

So asinine. I thought you understood there is no ruling yet and this discussion is about what if or if not.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So asinine. I thought you understood there is no ruling yet and this discussion is about what if or if not.

Heh. First sentence in my OP:

I'm putting this thread in the mud pit because it is speculative in nature.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The Islamic Center nor their clinic received federal funds. Their clinic had an office through which people could apply for financial assistance. WIC checks were disbursed through the clinic to the qualified recipients.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0tYes, Missouri wants tax payers to help pay for church expenses..

Uh...no.

Why because every organized religion that I have come across personally engages in psychological manipulation of US citizens, including those who have taken the time to get baptized?

For instance when I was investigating the idea of a Higher Power versus what I was taught in public school that I was in fact not created but was in reality an evolved monkey. So, I called a church that was advertising themselves on TV. They sent their representatives, who said that they were the true church and everyone else was of the devil. No sooner than these representatives left, I had members of other churches coming to my door uninvited with hostilities. It's almost as if the church that I did invite paid them to prove their point about the other churches being of the devil. I mean these other churches didn't come to my church before that inviting me to fraternize with them or show concern for my salvation.

And yet I had an interest in learning about faith.

Taxpayers don't need to pay for nonsense. Everything other than non-denominational churches need to be banned, not supported with taxpayer money.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It pains me to star you.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And boys can't join the girl scouts. No non-profit should get tax dollars.
National Association of Black Accountants is a non-profit.

You think religious NPO are the only ones who discriminate? why are they the only one you target?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No, I understood, and I understood you to be making claims of what WILL happen, not what COULD happen. Asinine is right, just wrong target.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Whew I feel better. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
check that. nvm. I was wrong.
edit on 17-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: rickymouse

I am sure there are plenty of private day care centers that are not affiliated with a church that would deny children of gay people. In fact, I would tend to believe private non christian centers might actually be more involved in denying gays equal rights.

You can believe this all day, but without proof that you can't say it is true. Got any evidence of non-religious daycare centers discriminating against children of gay couples?

Plus, it has been a fact of life that the leaders of anti-gay mentality in this country are Christian. The fundamentalist Christian community has speardheaded most to all anti-gay rhetoric and positions in this country. So I'm curious why you'd be willing to believe that Christians would be innocent from discriminating against gay people while the non-Christians would suddenly be less tolerant.

Christians may be more anti-gay but do not bar gay people from going to church most times. A good Christian would try to help them see the light. Also to take it out on a gay person's child would be denying the words of Jesus. They would be more apt to try to persuade the child not to follow in their parents footsteps.

I am sure there are some churches out there that would bash gays, but most just believe that gay people are going in the wrong direction. Also some people are scared that letting gays in their churches would cause their congregation to think gay is ok. But I do not see too many churches here not allowing Gays to go to church. I am sure there are some, but most churches up here are more lenient. If you go down south and out in the Lower east of the country you may see more gay bashing, I have never been down in that area but it is different in other areas of the country. I live in the U.P and people here are a little more liberal but it is still in the back of most Christians minds. If you watch some of those TV evangalists and listen to some of the radio stations, you will see more of that.

Jesus did not promote hate, It appears that the problem with gays in the bible comes from their pushy and overpowering tendencies, not from their sexual orientation. They were a pretty bad group in the tales of Sodom and Gamorrah. It sounds like that when you give people of a group too much power they spin out of control. That caused a consensus to form in the people which carried on till today. It becomes that a group has more rights than others and it creates a situation where people begin to hate that group. I am seeing that what is happening in this country is going to cause that in the future. I have friends that are gay, they are mellow. If uprisings started happening here by gays, they would bring down the wrath of others here. I have seen that happen personally in my life, a community would chase someone out who tried to push their ways on others.

It seems people in this country can't understand that, they are trying to get people accepted by pushing things down others throats, that never works.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

And boys can't join the "girl" scouts. LMAO.

Anyway boy and girl scouts are religious organizations.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Can you source what you said?

Islamic group once tied to terror trial received thousands in farm subsidies, without growing crops

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

This actually needs to be fixed. They are also federally chartered organizations. I was just looking up info on them and if they want to maintain this federal charter, they should be forced to drop the religious part. Otherwise they should lose the federal charter (and the NPO status).

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Well someone better tell them that!

we are a secular organization

www.girlscouts.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They are not a religious organization. (girl scouts)

Yet boys can't join them ... does this need to be corrected?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You think religious NPO are the only ones who discriminate? why are they the only one you target?

I would agree that any non-profit that discriminates should not get government grant money (although this topic concerns the issue of separation of church & state). But all non-profits do not discriminate.
edit on 17-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well yeah. Outside of a literal "gay check" at the door, how would you ban gays from entering? Need I remind you of the bakery that simply refused to make a cake for two gay people getting married? Just because anti-homosexuality is anti-Christian rhetoric and hypocritical to Jesus' message doesn't mean that it isn't pervasive throughout the religion still.

To be honest, I can't understand what the big deal is anyways. Outside of shacking up in bed with someone of the same gender, gay people are largely the same as non-gay people. I know a bunch myself. And as far as the gay sex thing, what's the big deal? It's just sex...
edit on 17-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I would agree that any non-profit that discriminates should not get government grant money (although this topic concerns the issue of separation of church & state). But all non-profits do not discriminate.

So girl scouts need to let boys join?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join