It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Trump Pick Aboard, Supreme Court Tackles Religious Rights

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So basically you are arguing that you want me to be responsible for your children's well being in your home and paying for it? Is that what you are saying? Especially when I have to pay for you to indoctrinate your children?

edit on 4/22/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
A religious facility has no business asking for federal funds, they forfeit that right as a house of worship and therefore any fed money to any services a house of worship provides it's congregation. How can any idiot argue that? The law is crystal clear on it. End of discussion.

Start a fekking GoFundMe.

Theses are not federal funds. They are state funds.

And the issue has been resolved at the state level, but all parties involved agree it should go to SCOTUS to prevent a future governor from reversing the current reinterpretation.

In other words, it's a moot point. The kids get their rubber mats.

Also, the SCOTUS seems to be leaning 7-2 sympathetic after oral arguments from what I understand. So it seems even the liberal justices are more sympathetic than most of you guys. Only Ruth Bader-Corpsburg and Sotomayor, the Wise Latina, would seem to fit in with this crowd.

Not only that, but I did some digging.

This particular playground has an "open gate" policy. That means that it's open to the community for their use. All the area kids are free to come and play on this playground during evenings and on weekends. So for those screaming "discrimination" ... no. Anyone who lives in the area has free use of the facility on off hours.

But I guess no one in this community should have rubber mats if they use a playground that happens to be on the grounds of a church.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

So basically you are arguing that you want me to be responsible for your children's well being in your home and paying for it? Is that what you are saying? Especially when I have to pay for you to indoctrinate your children?

No choice. Everyone in Missouri must pay fees when they buy tires for this purpose. Are you saying that playgrounds at churches are less worthy even though all those who have faith must pay fees right along with you?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

So basically you are arguing that you want me to be responsible for your children's well being of your home and paying for it? Is that what you are saying? Especially when I have to pay for you to indoctrinate your children?

Do you live in the state of Missouri where I pay taxes for this program?

This has nothing to do with 'indoctrinating' children, it has to do with keeping their knees from getting bloody.

If you want to talk about indoctrinating kids, we can transit to public education and property taxes. But that would be a different thread I think.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I notice that you put words in our mouths a lot. Nobody is saying that the children at churches are less worthy.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

First Amendmet dude

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I notice that you put words in our mouths a lot. Nobody is saying that the children at churches are less worthy.

Apparently the church is though, even though the congregation pays taxes like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I didn't say children, you did.

I said playgrounds at churches, especially those that are open to be freely used by everyone in the entire town.
edit on 22-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So you have no problem paying Muslims, Scientologists, Klansmen, and those people at Westboro Baptist Church?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

First Amendmet dude

Not an answer. I don't see 'Congress shall not allow recycled rubber mats on church grounds' nor do I see how a state offering rubber mats to any religious facility is an endorsement of one religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

LOLWUT? So only the adults use the playgrounds? You're funny.

link   

So you have no problem paying Muslims, Scientologists, Klansmen, and those people at Westboro Baptist Church?

If their congregation pays taxes, why wouldn't I?

link   

OMG. I know right?

How dare we allow police, firefighters, and ambulance crews to take care of them too? Those people just shouldn't be allowed to take up ANY public resources at all!

I advocate total separation of them and state.

link   

Apparently you miss the separation of state and church.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I've covered that already and you chose to ignore me in the last thread. Why?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

They're all the same to me I don't see what the big deal is

You will see what the big deal is when you aren't allowed to have a job unless you go to church, like in the old days. And you aren't allowed to get married unless it's approved by the church, etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

LOLWUT? So only the adults use the playgrounds? You're funny.

Clearly, reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

link   

Apparently you miss the separation of state and church.

That phrase is nowhere to be found in the Constitution. That doesn't stop people from yelling it, of course.
edit on 22-4-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

link   

So you think the churches should pay taxes? If so then I am in agreement.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

They're all the same to me I don't see what the big deal is

You will see what the big deal is when you aren't allowed to have a job unless you go to church, like in the old days. And you aren't allowed to get married unless it's approved by the church, etc.

Nope.

The reality is that we are for more likely headed toward a time when you will only be allowed to hold a job if you belong to the approved secular society meaning no religion at all ... or at least not one we recognize today.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join