It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones’ lawyers: their client should not be judged by his on-air persona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
So there it is, from his lawyers and Jones himself, he is not to be taken seriously because he's just a performance artist.

Divorce/custody court. While I think it's likely true, this is not a good source for it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: seeker1963

I think the OP is about how we shouldn't take Jones or info wars seriously because Jones himself says it's an act.
The divorce story s just background.

Actually it's context for the comments.

His wife is lying to get leverage, he is going to lie to destroy her leverage.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

actually however you attempt to " spin " this - mr jones has utterly shot booth his own feet off

a constant theme of his message - or " preformance art " is that the govt and others are lying to us - and we must listen to him to learn the " trooth "

if its " preformance art " - then frankly - its not very good

and if its alledgedly the " trooth " them mr jones his himself an self admited liar

either way - i see no way for anyone to continue support of mr jones

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Because AJ wants to be seen as a legitimate source of news, this information is important.

He's not doing a tongue in cheek satire of the news a la Colbert or Noah. He's doing a serious take on the news as if it's some sort of outrageous news that needs addressing, which still happens to hit less hard than the satire. He comes across as an unhinged lunatic that tries to portray himself as awake.

Considering that he's tried to foment civil war, advocated rape, directly lied about affairs of state, and falsely accused numerous individuals and businesses of things they haven't done which might invite attacks from his followers, he's very close to yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Maybe he's a student of the Andy Kaufman style of performance art? Are his followers being trolled and they're too dense to realize it? To be fair, Andy Kaufman fooled a bunch of smart people, but I'm not getting that vibe from Alex Jones. He just seems like a brute force approach.

In any case, if you're STILL an AJ Follower can you tell me why if it's not for entertainment purposes?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

actually however you attempt to " spin " this - mr jones has utterly shot booth his own feet off

a constant theme of his message - or " preformance art " is that the govt and others are lying to us - and we must listen to him to learn the " trooth "

if its " preformance art " - then frankly - its not very good

and if its alledgedly the " trooth " them mr jones his himself an self admited liar

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I never have. I truly dislike AJ. But his lawyer being a lawyer really has nothing to do with anything. Anyone making the leap you are making is going to have to need a very long reach.
edit on 17-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

My source isn't Salon or the MSM,

www.infowars.com...

LEE ANN MCADOO AND ALEX JONES RESPOND TO DATING ALLEGATIONS

After being asked multiple times, Alex and Lee Ann put internet rumor to rest

Let that sink in? Stop parroting Paul J. Watson's twitter.

edit on 17-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

His lawyers and a court of law aren't a good source where Jones admits his on air persona shouldn't be taken seriously? Well damn, if not this source then what source?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's a stupid thing for his lawyer to say in terms of affecting his credibility but who he is on air has nothing to do with his ability to be a parent and provide for his kids.

Personal disdain for AJ aside, I sympathise. Divorces can be horrifically spiteful and petty.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

His lawyers and a court of law aren't a good source where Jones admits his on air persona shouldn't be taken seriously? Well damn, if not this source then what source?

No, not when it's family court where his wife is likely lying to take custody of his kids.
edit on 17-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

But the source isn't his wife. The source comes from his lawyers telling the court not to take his on air personality seriously! Not his wife, his lawyers. His wife isn't telling the courts that his on air persona is an act, he is and that's the whole point.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: seeker1963

I think the OP is about how we shouldn't take Jones or info wars seriously because Jones himself says it's an act.
The divorce story s just background.

Actually it's context for the comments.

His wife is lying to get leverage, he is going to lie to destroy her leverage.

even if it is his shtick to get viewers its not like everyone else doesnt do the same thing just in different ways. the news is an entertainment business.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But the source isn't his wife. The source comes from his lawyers telling the court not to take his on air personality seriously! Not his wife, his lawyers. His wife isn't telling the courts that his on air persona is an act, he is and that's the whole point.

Because his wife is trying to use it to claim he is unstable and take his kids. It's much easier to claim it's an act than to claim it's real but I am still stable.

So even if it was real, and he was still stable, he would claim it's an act to keep his kids.

It's family/divorce court, it's all but mandatory you lie.

She tried character assassination, he foiled it. She should use facts not fallacies designed to create an emotional response.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
everyone has known this..... its all for the money.... easy money

should go for joint custody.. instead of tearing a parent from their life completely
edit on 17-4-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

First off, you can't sit there and declare her a liar while defending poor old Alex as if he's the victim. Her case definitely has substance but reguardless, Jones is telling the world he's just a character. Lying is mandatory in court?

Well, I'm not gonna keep dancing in circles with you about this. You have your opinion and I have mine so agree to completely disagree.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

If she gets full custody that doesn't mean he will never see his kids again and not be apart of their life. Mothers usually get full custody of the kids, unless they're unfit.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It was published well after the fact..

The Charlie Sheen Obama "Interview" Was Originally Presented As Having Actually Happened.

For the first 90+ minutes of availability, the InfoWars.com website was presenting this article as an actual interview by Charlie Sheen with President Obama. Some time after the interview first appeared, the comments, "What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet," were added to the article on InfoWars.com.

You have potentially been hoaxed by Alex Jones for nearly two hours this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was present when this actually happened and it was wrong. I went toe to toe with certain folks over it and called it what it was... complete BS to lead folks on. It was presented as FACT. WHen he got the deserved backlash immediately from a few... all of a sudden it was a PARODY...
edit on 17-4-2017 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Alex Jones Channel is absolutely running the show now. It evolved. You don't need to use nonfunctional search engine to find yesterday's most important news to find it with 5 flags. There's no leftist or a shill trying to distract and mislead you. It has a drive.

This guest's speech is able to awaken you in a few minutes. Give it a try or try to prove him wrong:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

No thanks. I gave up on Jones years ago and there's no need to go back.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Oh I will continue to support mr Jones till the end of time. See it or not, its happening.

Nobody questions celebrity parents for some of the most hookerish and violent acts they perform in entertainment in their ability to parent. Why should it be different for Mr. Jones??

Half the female pop singers on the charts should lose custody of their children for performing slut music if entertainment personality is anything to go by. Same goes for action and horror stars.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join