It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones’ lawyers: their client should not be judged by his on-air persona

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
www.mystatesman.com...

At a recent pretrial hearing, attorney Randall Wilhite told state District Judge Orlinda Naranjo that using his client Alex Jones’ on-air Infowars persona to evaluate Alex Jones as a father would be like judging Jack Nicholson in a custody dispute based on his performance as the Joker in “Batman.”

“He’s playing a character,” Wilhite said of Jones. “He is a performance artist.”

But in emotional testimony at the hearing, Kelly Jones, who is seeking to gain sole or joint custody of her three children with Alex Jones, portrayed the volcanic public figure as the real Alex Jones.

“He’s not a stable person,” she said of the man with whom her 14-year-old son and 9- and 12-year-old daughters have lived since her 2015 divorce. “He says he wants to break Alec Baldwin’s neck. He wants J-Lo to get raped.

“I’m concerned that he is engaged in felonious behavior, threatening a member of Congress,” she said, referring to his recent comments about California Democrat Adam Schiff. “He broadcasts from home. The children are there, watching him broadcast.”

So there it is, from his lawyers and Jones himself, he is not to be taken seriously because he's just a performance artist. Now, many of us already knew that he was mostly full of crap but there are many ATS'ers who think this man and his "network" are bringing us truth, especially one man in particular, Trump.

I didn't know why he got a divorce but his wife is concerned for their children and those who don't subscribe to Jone's angry rants can understand where she's coming from. Word is the divorce is because Jone's was cheating on his wife with a woman who works for him. Who knows what true but at the end of the day she left him.

edit on 16-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ever been thru a divorce?

Both sides do what they can to come out on top!

Two sides to the story and the truth is in the middle.

But go ahead an bash AJ because he crushes your political ideology?

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Oh man, didn't think you were an AJ fan. Apparently the only thing he crushes is extramarital affairs and his family values. But what should be taken from this story is that Jones doesn't want his on air personality to be taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oh man, didn't think you were an AJ fan. Apparently the only thing he crushes is extramarital affairs and his family values. But what should be taken from this story is that Jones doesn't want his on air personality to be taken seriously.

I think your whole OP says more about you wanting to attack someone going thru a divorce when most of us intelligent enough realize that divorces hurt the children the most, and it's the two adults having the divorce who can't get their heads out of their ass long enough to realize what trauma they might be putting on their children?

It takes 2!

I haven't seen anything on how AJ has mistreated his children. Just mud from his ole lady who stands to gain millions....

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

No really, this is about Jone's defense in court that he should not be taken seriously. The second half is just for those who didn't know he was divorced in the first place and are curious as to why.

You know, on the other hand, it's totally fair to attack Jones because he attacks just about everyone, well those who disagree with him or he sees as the enemy. So he's fair game and your argument falls on deaf ears.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Alex is a performance artist

So obvious

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

Yeah, just like Beyonce and Madonna. No matter what they say about anything they shouldn't be taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Of course she's going to use any ammo she can to get back at Jones. Did it ever occur to her that he enjoyed extra marital sex because she didn't provide him sex? Its going to be an easy win for her as in the eyes of mainstream thinking Jones is a conspiracy theorist.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The divorce is over, this is about her getting custody of the kids. As far as was she banging him, who knows and what a complete waste of time to speculate it. Men cheat on their wive whether their wives are having sex with them or not, it goes both ways.

But this is about Jones not wanting his show and himself to be taken seriously and that's a big deal in the conspiracy world. It means he has no integrity.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

attack Jones because he attacks just about everyone,

Yeah...execpt that he never seems to take on the jesuits
www.spirituallysmart.com...

or

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I guess. I'm not sure why that matters but at the end of the day he's made a career of attacking just about everyone. Almost everyone, and his attacks are vicious and most times idiotic, eg calling Michelle Obama a man and that her children aren't hers.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The lawyer is correct in that Alex Jones' on air persona shouldn't be used against him as an indictment against his off air personal life. How much is an act I don't know, but I do know a lot of people buy into his nonsense. The on air/off air blurred lines become really problematic for a lot of alternative news entrepreneurs when their followers begin to act on the information they push, ala Alex Jones' Pizzagate conspiracy and subsequent apology.

And the Alex Jones problem is a microcosm of a much larger issue we're leaning to deal with as we go. With such a simple, widespread, and diverse media as the internet it's so much easier to reach just as many, if not more, people than the major media conglomerates. Whereas major media definitely has issues with integrity there is still a semblance of a filter that limits bad information that in turn causes people to act on said information. With smaller content creators there is more often than not no such filter. And, in the case of Alex Jones, there are a lot of people who follow his words and claims closely.

On would think after Alex Jones' Y2K fiasco the willingness to buy into his nonsense would be tampered, but certain strong personalities seem to be able to withstand such trips and falls and can continue on as if the stumbles never occur. That is not the fault of Alex Jones, that is the fault of the people who blindly cling to his every word and claim even when some of his claims turn out to be demonstrably false.

As far as the spouses claims, I'd prefer not to comment. The process of divorce is a messy endeavor. I have no information to measure the content of her character when weighing the legitimacy of her claims.
edit on 16-4-2017 by GD21D because: Spelling

(post by Idreamofme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

You have obviously never seen a girl before. Or been married or been to court or anything in the real world. Go... log out and live life. It won't be long, then you will be in his shoes. Log off... Now! Go see what a girl looks like. You can do it!

I have...been married a few times, very messy divorcees, and that doesn't change the fact that AJ is a charlatan. Chumping out his audience. He is brilliant in marketing his brand of macho loud mouth styled BS. He knows his chosen demographic will believe almost anything without question because it fits into their ideology. AJ comes from the same background I do...Public Access TV where we are taught how to "program" with purpose.

I too think AJ is a disinfo agent playing his fans and marketing the products he advertises on his show.
edit on 17-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Nice twist to what the article actually infers.

I read nothing about not taking anything he says on air seriously, but that what he says on air should not be used to have him lose custody of his children. If there is actual neglect or abuse that is a different matter, but ranting on streaming media, should not be cause for loss of custody. But then, we do live in a world that favours the mother over the father based on the most frivolous things.

You also seem to be of the opinion that he's reading from a fictional script designed just to attack people, and the topics he covers are not real. Hmmm?? He sure has given tptb a lot to worry about, no? Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Alex is a real animal. A raging bull. His vitality is staggering. Surprised his wife held on to that broncing buck as long as she did. Most women flee when they sense his power.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
One can still bring the truth while entertaining. Take tomo news agency. Their news reports are always in an entertaining animation style that tries to lighten the situation with humor. Alex is the same.

I have always said I find Alex to be extremely entertaining, unlike that Paul Joseph Watson. He needs to learn to add some more charisma in his rants, he is a bit dry for me.

Alex though, thats my dude right there. And I still find him to be an inspiring, patriotic, entrepreneur and American job creator.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

So the two options here is that he has a persona, and the man that many here laud, is actually a fraud. Or second, his ranting and paranoia extends into his personal family life, making him a dog.

Which do you pick, since you're defending him?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
Option c would be he simply has an aggressive loud persona to boost his ratings while he reports on some news. Thats the one I pick. Of course you left that out because your bias only allows for attacking his character and nothing more.

That is somewhat disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Your option C. is what's disingenuous.

He is a liar, he doesn't report news, he reports BS like Charlie Sheen interviewing Obama.

Such a beacon of truth!

edit on 17/4/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join