It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Though Experiement: A computer in a lab

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Let us imagine that someone has locked us in a lab the only thing we have are some tools and a computer. This computer and its parts are all blank when it comes to writing of any kind. The person that locked you in comes over a speak in the room, and they tell you that unless you can provide them evidence of the computer's creator, they will not unlock the room.

Is it possible to make it out of the room by providing the proper evidence?

P.S. THE COMPUTER DOESN"T HAVE ANYTHING ON IT OR IN IT THAT WILL GIVE AWAY THE CREATOR. It is nothing more than the working mechanical parts of a computer. No model numbers and all that jazz. Why would I want you to think about model numbers?
edit on 16-4-2017 by ServantOfTheLamb because: People keep asking about model numbers logos and other crazy stuff

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
Let us imagine that someone has locked us in a lab the only thing we have are some tools and a computer. This computer and its parts are all blank when it comes to writing of any kind. The person that locked you in comes over a speak in the room, and they tell you that unless you can provide them evidence of the computer's creator, they will not unlock the room.

Is it possible to make it out of the room by providing the proper evidence?

What's the creator? The ones who made the processor? The mother board? The mouse? Does it have a mouse? What kind of tools?

Argh... I want a refund.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Windows? DOS? Unix? Apple?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It's just a computer. He will give you the tools for any scientific experiment you want to run on the computer, to determine how it works, but if you don't give him evidence of its creator he will not let you out. So is it possible to get out?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Is the computer itself not evidence of its creator?

It didn't create itself.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

So the bottom line, depending upon sheer belief and nothing else, is who's in charge here?
edit on 16-4-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ChipForBrains

Is the computer itself not evidence of its creator? It didn't create itself.

The scientist is demanding you give him empirical evidence of the creator by preforming experiments on the computer, and deducing evidence of the creator from what you learn about how the computer works. My question was is it possible to provide the proper evidence to get out of the room? That is to say can you prove the creator exist by appealing to the inner workings of the computer?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It's just a computer. He will give you the tools for any scientific experiment you want to run on the computer, to determine how it works, but if you don't give him evidence of its creator he will not let you out. So is it possible to get out?

My "tool" I'm requesting is for some fourth wall interference for you to tell us what operating system we see pop up when we hit the power button.

I'm sure this is some shallow anti-evolution argument but I'd still like to play along.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I don't need to, the computer itself proves the existence of its creator, like I said.

Does it have an internet connection?
edit on 16-4-2017 by ChipForBrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would just start naming computer brands. You never said how many guesses and nothing was said about a punishment for getting the answer wrong.

Sooooo.......Apple, HP,Alienware,IBM......am I close?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

My "tool" I'm requesting is for some fourth wall interference for you to tell us what operating system we see pop up when we hit the power button. I'm sure this is some shallow anti-evolution argument but I'd still like to play along.

All you will ever get when you study this computer is more information on how computers work. There is nothing hidden that will just give you the answer, and it actually has nothing to do with evolution

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

I am not sure how random names would amount to evidence of the creator?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973
I would just start naming computer brands. You never said how many guesses and nothing was said about a punishment for getting the answer wrong.

Sooooo.......Apple, HP,Alienware,IBM......am I close?

It's not a question, though. The psycho holding you in the room is specifically asking you for evidence. So you need to find evidence. Even if you pick the right answer by guessing, you need to find evidence.

Because guessing the creator is useless. Just as useless as Christians guessing their gods as the creators.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I hope I'm not locked in a room with a computer like Hal.

(ME)"Open the lab door HAL"......................."Open the Lab door Hal"

(HAL) " I'm sorry Sol Aquarius I am afraid I can't do that."

edit on 16-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: Hal has me locked in a room I must become the star child.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Oh. Well then I would say it would be virtually impossible. I guess if it used Mac as its operating system you could conclude it is an Apple. Short of that I don't know how you could tell.

Am I taking the question too literally?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Besides the computer what type of tools do you mean?
Things like hammers or screwdrivers ?

This type of information might come in handy if I need to use them to Macgyver an escape or take out my captors.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

Oh. Well then I would say it would be virtually impossible. I guess if it used Mac as its operating system you could conclude it is an Apple. Short of that I don't know how you could tell.

Am I taking the question too literally?

Not sure. All I know is that, if you know the OS, you can navigate the BIOS to find out who made it.

But like I said, I'm pretty sure this is a weird Christan "gotcha" aimed at non-Christians. I just think they hadn't thought it out all the way.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Abysha because: Goddamn phone...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

t's not a question, though. The psycho holding you in the room is specifically asking you for evidence. So you need to find evidence. Even if you pick the right answer by guessing, you need to find evidence. Because guessing the creator is useless. Just as useless as Christians guessing their gods as the creators.

That was a good response

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChipForBrains

Lets say no internet connection. How does the computer prove the existence of its creator? How are you to convince the scientist the computer has not existed for eternity?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Let us imagine that someone has locked us in a lab the only thing we have are some tools and a computer.

I hope it's not a methlab because this wackadoodel scenario sounds like something a tweaker might do to some one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join