It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly man killed live over Facebook. Manhunt Ongoing in Cleveland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMainEvent

Hopefully this asshole goes down in a hail of bullets and then lives for 5-10 minutes while he is bleeding out.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Agreed.

Beats the hell out of paying his room and board for the next 35 years.

String him up.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Do you work for FB or YT, really I mean such as

lets start of the year with love...NOT

happy Christmas

j ust 3 i could remember

I am sure you must be aware of these instances

There are many more no doubt of minor crime also

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Do you work for FB or YT, really I mean such as

Try rereading the portion of your text that I quoted and try again. I was asking for your proposed 'solutions' as you seem to think there is a way to prevent people from live steaming crimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Kandinsky

My main issue is with f@@king facebook though, unfortunatley murder has always happened, its now these giant social media companys such as youtube and FB get out of their responsibilities by "its not our content", F U its your dam website if you are offering such a service and it has been used not just once but many times now to stream live CRIME, then do something about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine it was your family being devastated in such a way for every other turd to leave some disparaging comment about it and then get a thumbs up aswell.

The law says that if your with someone, and help in the commission of a crime, and someone dies.

They are GUILTY of said crime even if they didn't pull the trigger.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: roadgravel

"My gf dumped me so I'll kill some innocents and leave her with guilt for the rest of her life." Pure psycho.

And I told my mom's about it but she didn't care either. So let's add her to the list.

He's looking for Death Row but what he needs is death. He mentioned in another video he's killed a few others prior.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

If you meant "such as" what to do

They should begin by taking responsibilty for moderating their own dam website, the BBC reported recently to FB of hundreds of innapropiate images of children, facebook responded with some "not our content" BS and removed some but not all, YT once said "they could not check the content due to sheer volume" not my problem, invest some of those millions you are making into maybe more employees or better software.

Ultimately it comes down to censorship, but surely if a crime is happening right there, right now and being streamed are the hosts not guilty of in some way facilitating the crime, maybe this jerk would not have killed him tonight, if he didnt think some other jerk would being giving him likes on social media.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

They should begin by taking responsibilty for moderating their own dam website, the BBC reported recently to FB of hundreds of innapropiate images of children, facebook responded with some "not our content" BS and removed some but not all, YT once said "they could not check the content due to sheer volume" not my problem, invest some of those millions you are making into maybe more employees or better software.

Ultimately it comes down to censorship, but surely if a crime is happening right there, right now and being streamed are the hosts not guilty of in some way facilitating the crime, maybe this jerk would not have killed him tonight, if he didnt think some other jerk would being giving him likes on social media.

How does any of that prevent live streaming of anything, let alone crimes?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I caught this on drudge.

I wonder how Cnn is going to spin this because of his 'race'.

I hope they catch the guy and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

I hope facebook gets sued for over $1 billion for allowing it to be broadcast.

Why are you bringing up his race?

The main trend with murderers is not race, but gender and their severe inability to deal with life.

The problem isn't black people or brown people, but MEN - something like 96% of murderers are male. Most of the victims are as well, but women are vastly more likely to be killed by a man than to kill anyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

There's a whole group of people over on reddit who collect and watch these types of videos and their sub reddit is called Memento Mori. So I guess they'd say they watch them in part at least to remind themselves of their own mortality.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
They could charge for live stream so idiots like this probably wouldn't do it. I'm pretty sure FB doesn't want to hurt their cash cow though.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Women seem to do it for an insurance payout or to avoid divorce.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

How does any of that prevent live streaming of anything, let alone crimes?

IF Facebook was made an example of.

And under corporate personhood.

Corporate personhood is the legal notion that a corporation, separately from its associated human beings (like owners, managers, or employees), has at least some of the legal rights and responsibilities enjoyed by natural persons (physical humans)

en.wikipedia.org...

That example could be made. That might serve as a deterrence.

However I don't think anyone would have the snips to pursue it.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Using your unsound logic you could sue General Motors for manufacturing the vehicle that someone used as a get away car for a bank heist. Or maybe we can sue the ammunition manufacturer for the bullet used to kill this man in the video.

You like where you want to take this with your bizzaro methodology?

Hell, let's sue the sneaker company he is wearing cause they helped he walk over to the guy, the gasoline company that fueled up his car, the state of Ohio for issuing him a driver's license, etcetera, etcetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

edit on 16-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not off his meds

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Using your unsound logic you could sue General Motors for manufacturing the vehicle that someone used as a get away car for a bank heist. Or maybe we can sue the ammunition manufacturers for the bullet used to kill this man in the video.

Now that was unsound logic.

Since it's not even remotely the same.

Facebook has millions of viewers a bank heist few to none.

In fact go so far as not to get on camera.

Big damn difference.
edit on 16-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Facebook has millions of viewers a bank heist few to none.

In fact so go so far as not to get on camera.

Big damn difference.

Actually, no difference. In your righteous indignation you want to sue Facebook because someone used Facebook's live streaming software to share the commission of a crime. Did Facebook condone this crime? No. Does General Motors condone people using their vehicles to commit crimes? No.

You are out of your gourd if you think you can sue Facebook as culpable because someone decided to transmit their criminal behavior over the internet.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Just saw the video. This guy needs to be shot right away. If you see him don't argue just shoot. Btw the video is pretty f#cked up. There is no need to watch it.

Help me understand something please. Why would you want to watch a video of someone been murdered? I just can't understand why so many people want to see these things, you know the video will show someone been murdered, so why do you actually need to see it?

Right! I did not and will not watch the video of the shooting. I cried just seeing a still picture from the video of the victim. I think he had his hands up. Looking at his clothes made me sad. He had a button down shirt on tucked into his pants and a nice belt. I think he was dressed nice and I felt bad imagining him getting dressed today and going about whatever he was doing and then this horrific thing happens to him.
I did watch a video of the shooter talking on the phone for about 5 minutes. It was disturbing.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Doesn't matter if the condone it or not.

They enabled it.

They profited from it.

Negligent homicide.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They enabled it.

Really? Did Mark Zuckerberg load the weapon? Did he pull the trigger? Was he the driver? Did he select the victim?

Your understanding of the legal system and culpability in commission of a crime is childlike at best.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Really? Did Mark Zuckerberg load the weapon? Did he pull the trigger? Was he the driver? Did he select the victim?

Actually he did.

Facebook was the gun.

Facebook Live was the trigger.

Negligent homicide is a criminal charge brought against people who, through criminal negligence, allow others to die

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join