It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You like me, right now, you like me"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm a believer in the simulation hypothesis. I experienced things in my life that proved to me that reality is not what it seems.

Most of the Mandela effect can be explained by false memories but I'm stuck on this one.

"You like me, right now, you like me" doesn't even makes sense to me.

The explanation I found also makes no sense whatsoever.

It's easier for me to believe that we live in a simulation than it is that all these people remember it the wrong way. Sounds pretty crazy, doesn't it?.

The Science of ‘You Like Me! You Really Like Me!’

There are two errors in the previous paragraph, one more important than the other. The minor error: Sally Field did not actually say this line in her acceptance speech. The real line in her speech was, “I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me.” We probably misremember the quote because of the other, more important error. It isn’t just actors who are primarily motivated by being liked; we all are. The misquote is so sticky because it exemplifies a central human need.

edit on 16-4-2017 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2017 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I wish you all the best in having a polite conversation about this. You won't get one, however.

It still baffles me that so many people on a conspiracy and paranormal website, no less, just flat out dismiss this phenomena.

I'm starting to go with the large-scale false memory implant, myself.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsecret

I'm a believer in the simulation hypothesis. I experienced things in my life that proved to me that reality is not what it seems.

Seeing at this is your thread I thought it would be more interesting if you could provide some of your encounters rather than how Sally Field got misquoted.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Let me attempt to let you "make sense" of her quote:

She just won an Oscar. A very, very big deal for anyone in show buz. After years of suffering through decent but nothing too spectacular films, she is voted by the academy to having earned one. She is overly thrilled to shout out how she is basically shocked that she has been recognized for her work and how she evidently had viewed how her work had been received before that fateful night.

None of her spontaneous outburst relates to whatever you are trying to make of it.

Or am I simply an old gizzer fan avoiding some deep system of assumed reality that a few others can discern?
edit on 16-4-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I guess it was a pretty big deal for the Flying Nun to win an Oscar. It does show the overwhelming need for external approval that most of Hollywood has.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Seeing at this is your thread I thought it would be more interesting if you could provide some of your encounters rather than how Sally Field got misquoted.

That's for another thread. one day I might make it but not now.

Go to reddit glitch in the matrix.
edit on 17-4-2017 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Let me attempt to let you "make sense" of her quote:

She just won an Oscar. A very, very big deal for anyone in show buz. After years of suffering through decent but nothing too spectacular films, she is voted by the academy to having earned one. She is overly thrilled to shout out how she is basically shocked that she has been recognized for her work and how she evidently had viewed how her work had been received before that fateful night.

None of her spontaneous outburst relates to whatever you are trying to make of it.

Or am I simply an old gizzer fan avoiding some deep system of assumed reality that a few others can discern?

I understand all that. I'm just saying it makes more sense to say "you like me, you really like me" than "you like me, right now, you like me".

Don't take me too seriously, it's just fun thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Would love to see a compilation of all the most compelling Mandela Effect proof.

The Berenstain/stien bears is what opened me up to this phenomenon. My dad used to read those books to me when I was a kid. I have never once in my life heard them be reffered to as The Berenstain Bears... I even saw the tv show a few times and still remember it Bearenstien.

Or another head scratcher, in 007 Moonraker, in the scene Dolly smiles at Jaws, most people remember her character having braces, which was basically the whole point of the scene as it was emphasizing hers and Jaws' mutual similarity. However now her braces are gone! The scene doesn't even make sense now! Would love to hear someone explain that one...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrai13

she had braces but had to take them off as they hurt her
there were different versions of the film
some footage of her with braces in some versions
some without in others

bottom line, she had to remove them because of pain

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Do you have a link to the alternate scene where she has the braces? It just doesn't make sense why they would shoot that scene of her smiling without them... I mean it was literally a 2 second shot of her smiling, surely she could keep them in for that long. I mean the whole point of the scene was to show that they both shared metal mouths, why would they even bother to shoot the scene without her braces? It just doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatsecret

Most of the Mandela effect can be explained by false memories but I'm stuck on this one.

"You like me, right now, you like me" doesn't even makes sense to me.

The explanation I found also makes no sense whatsoever.

It's easier for me to believe that we live in a simulation than it is that all these people remember it the wrong way. Sounds pretty crazy, doesn't it?.

The Science of ‘You Like Me! You Really Like Me!’

There are two errors in the previous paragraph, one more important than the other. The minor error: Sally Field did not actually say this line in her acceptance speech. The real line in her speech was, “I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me.” We probably misremember the quote because of the other, more important error. It isn’t just actors who are primarily motivated by being liked; we all are. The misquote is so sticky because it exemplifies a central human need.

You hit the nail on it. Nothing in this world makes a whole lot of sense.

It's like living in a B Rated Movie over and over. Cringe. The world is created for left brained people, mostly. However some of us have managed to escape the drivel of the never ending popularity contest.

two thumbs up and a glass of chardonnay!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i know it!

edit on 17-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why did a google search of "you love me you really love me" automatically bring up "Oscar speech" and all Sally Fields' videos, pics and quotes...if she never said it?

My kids were old enough to occasionally mock a sibling by repeating, "You love me! You really love me!" because it was something that people said back then jokingly, like Arnold's "I'll be back."

Are there THAT many people now googling these things that supposedly never happened, that they have taken over as the lead searches for google?

I swore I would never discuss Mandela Effect again here, but I watched "Field of Dreams" last night and I'm still angry.
jacy

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This is the one that got me paying attention...

but even more importantly... James Bond (Braces missing)

Yea it was definitely... "You like me, You really really like me"... I distinctly remember that as a Kid.

And I remember buying a movie ticket for the movie JUPITER RISING, not Jupiter Ascending.

terrible movie, but good time at the theater, went to a drive in.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
You watch too much television. Sitcoms cartoons commercials movies all parody famous lines, and alter them for obvious comedic value.

Youve heard "You love me, you really love me" from Tiny Toons to insurance commercials and everywhere in between.

There's nothing funny about walking into a room in a vader mask saying "No, Im your father Luke".. Its much funnier to call out "Luuuuuuke" in a deep voice, often repeated before proclaiming "I am your father!"
edit on 7-2-2018 by AdKiller because: (no reason given)

top topics

join