It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Actual Situation Re Poverty, Opioids, and Education in Appalachia: Kentucky Edition

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Just to share with you all that yesterday and today have been great -- the local utilities are being upgraded! We got new fire hydrants last year and main lines. Now they're updating the gas lines. The guys out there working are awesome people. I've learned a lot watching them.

I'm happy for them that they have jobs. We all need jobs.
Our water/electric/waste is a non-profit public utility.

I don't know if our gas service is or if it's more like telephone service, but in any case, they are upgrading the main junctions and valves on our street with state-of-the-art equipment. It's very cool.

I actually feel like I'm being "pampered"! This will help my home value - our entire street, actually - we are getting a brand new street. Proper drainage and infrastructure, new pavement, etc. And it's fantastic. This county is doing a good job rebuilding this area. I've lived here 25 years, and it has seen a tremendous amount of growth.

Why the excitement? Aren't you devastated that the money for all of these upgrades could have been better spent creating jobs and getting people education and drug rehabilitation in Appalachia?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

These kids are being provided with bags of food to take home on the weekend, because their parents are not. Where Opioid use is out of control, because there are NO JOBS except the nursing home, the courthouse, the police.....

Um...Yeah. That's why Trump got voted in. Where have you been hiding?

Try remember that he's been in office ~100 days. It's a little tough to solve every problem in that amount of time, although you could argue he started working on jobs early.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13

These kids are being provided with bags of food to take home on the weekend, because their parents are not. Where Opioid use is out of control, because there are NO JOBS except the nursing home, the courthouse, the police.....

Try remember that he's been in office ~100 days. It's a little tough to solve every problem in that amount of time, although you could argue he started working on jobs early.
Um....Yeah...what?

What is he going to do to fix this problem?

I am totally in favor of anything that helps these people get jobs and food and health care and educations.

Is this what is going to happen now?
Tell me. Enlighten me, please.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13

Um....Yeah...what?

What is he going to do to fix this problem?

I am totally in favor of anything that helps these people get jobs and food and health care and educations.

Is this what is going to happen now?
Tell me. Enlighten me, please.

Um, should have been fixed before this administration? They had 8 years to do it. So, the new elected president is suppose to fix it in a few months? Do you think Hillary would have it fixed by now?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Stop being triggered and re-read my post. 100 days in...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And how is your water, electric and waste public non-profit?

Like this: Board of Public Utilities

As a not-for-profit public utility, the Kansas City Board of Public Utilities (BPU) has provided safe, dependable water and electric services in Kansas City, Kansas, for more than 100 years. Today, BPU services nearly 63,000 electric customers and 50,000 water customers, over approximately a 130 square mile area.

BPU’s primary focus has always been, and remains, the satisfaction of its customers and a commitment to the quality of life in the communities it serves. This has allowed BPU to be recognized as one of the top public utilities in the country.

That's how.

Do you live in a retirement community or government housing project?
Nope. I live in a middle class neighborhood of homeowners in a county that has a non-profit Board of Public Utilities.
Go figure, eh??

edit on 4/19/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

sigh

We've already gone over this. The GOP blocked everything that Obama wanted to do. That is why it did not get done.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Groot

sigh

We've already gone over this. The GOP blocked everything that Obama wanted to do. That is why it did not get done.

Nice excuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join