It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let us welcome Turkey into official dictatorship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Swills

Not commenting on your previous argument but your quote...

Fun fact about Turkey:
While this is true on the paper, don´t expect it to be the case everytime...

Well then, the same can and will be said about America and it's politicians who cater to Christian evangelicals, also known as Christian Fundamentalists.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It was until Erdolf got his hands on the constitution.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't see why people are complaining, they're just following the example of what the US just did a few months ago.

Yes it's unbelievably stupid, but that's what conservatism and fundamentalism give you.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I don't see why people are complaining, they're just following the example of what the US just did a few months ago.

Yes it's unbelievably stupid, but that's what conservatism and fundamentalism give you.

We didn't change the constitution or do anything remotely close to what Erdogan has done.

While trump would most likely love to make journalist disapear and imprison the democratic party we have checks against it

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
that´s another topic.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Lets take a look at the stunning social progress in Turkey over the last century:

Oh dear. Looks like something went wrong somewhere

Erdogan is President for Life for all intents and purposes now.
edit on -050001pm4kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Vector99

I don´t know why we are arguing, your post above reflects 100% of my opinion ^^

We aren't arguing at all my friend.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

You submit a lot of emojis xbeta, if you really are Turkish do you know what this means?

Are you really ready to have Erdogan in power for life, and have your nation become a Muslim nation?

Video games only go so far.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
And this is what happens when you have a direct democracy... I'm looking at you liberals 😂

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When the Turkish people suffer at the hands of a brutal, corrupt Erdogan regime, then they have absolutely nobody to blame but themselves. Those who voted "No" should be welcomed into EU countries as refugees. But those who voted "Yes" we should not lift a finger to help. They can lie in the bed they made.

Why, this day and age, with all the examples throughout history, anyone would give someone ultimate power over them is beyond me. These people really are beyond stupid.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: Vector99

Fun fact, they just voted yes on a constitutional referendum, with Erdogan at the helm of it. Hence this thread.

I'm sure there's no election fraud afoot!

In Turkey? Probably not.

I really don't know how to not sound condescending, but they educate their population to be idiots that vote.

Of course the smart ones are highly educated, but that isn't the standard in Turkey. Dumb and loyal is.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Not here to defend any political standpoint but do you really think that in the current regime of turkey, with what they did last year, that the polls are accurate?

Btw, "liberal" is not the "liberal" you know from the US-system. European liberalism is not the same as American liberalism. Keep that in mind when you talk about liberals in other countries. European liberalism want´s less government...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

We didn't change the constitution or do anything remotely close to what Erdogan has done

Not yet, but you voted for someone who has the mindset, personality and character (and ideas) of a dictator. The vote for Trump was a vote to destroy the tradition American mode of governance and replace it with a middle eastern style "strongman".

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Didnt his party get thumped by the opposition in the last election, but because the opposition could not agree on a coalition govt he got to keep power...

If my memory is serving me correctly I would keep a very skeptical eye on these "results"... he was effectively voted out, he has no reason to play within the bounds of law since he wants to stay in power.

Oddly enough most of the friends I have made in Germany are turks, good people that do not like the wannabe dictator, but all they can do is cast their vote and hope it gets counted correctly.

before people say why are they in Germany instead of fighting in their home... they are either married to Americans/Europeans, or making a better life for their families with the better economic options in Europe.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

yes, i know.
this was a fine day and i am happy i spend it with you all. kisses and hugs.i couldnt read all threads but the ones i read was very nice

edit on 16-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

We didn't change the constitution or do anything remotely close to what Erdogan has done

Not yet, but you voted for someone who has the mindset, personality and character (and ideas) of a dictator. The vote for Trump was a vote to destroy the tradition American mode of governance and replace it with a middle eastern style "strongman".

Not a soul in DC would ever call for a constitutional convention, they have no shot at getting the changes they would like.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

Ok then, görüşürüz hocam.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

hahahha!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
I beg to differ on "religion is a weakness". This post is about this line, the rest, I agree on.

The moral guidances religion offers can be a guide for morality. I´m not necessary talking about basic stuff like do not kill, do not lie, do not steal. Going to church and sitting there for an hour doesn´t harm children as well, it depends on how use religion over all. By that I mean, god isn´t necessary a "person/entity" but more like a conscience.

My kids once asked me, why we are catholic and not evangelic or jewish. Typical kid question. My answer was, it doesn´t really matter what religion you belong to, if you go to church or not (Matthew 6:5 should be of interest to you), if truly believe in a god or not. What matters most is what we can learn from all that, while constantly also questioning it.

Like sitting still for a while (learn that in church) or cutting back your own needs in favor for someone else you like. Don´t get me wrong, as a kid I "hated" to be forced to go to church. That was because our priest was that monotone type of preacher. Good if you want to experience trance, I learned later. I opted on not repeating this mistake with my children, forcing them to go to church.

the essence of my post: religion is not weakness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join