It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump break the law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Do we live in the age of presidential anarchy? Do laws simply no longer matter? One of my ultra liberal friends said Trump violated the law by bombing Syria without Congressional approval. He made up some BS about because Syria did not attack the US first what Trump did was illegal. I told him Trump says "eff the Constitution" for a reason. If my president wants to bomb any country it's his choice. The law is irrelevant. The President has absolute authority as Commander in Chief. I'm so sick of these liberal losers.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I thought this was another desperate attempt of a trump blaming thread, well done!

Although I´m not sure if "law is irrelevant", even when it comes to your president.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I can't stand liberals either.

But I don't agree with anything you just posted

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Do we live in the age of presidential anarchy? Do laws simply no longer matter? One of my ultra liberal friends said Trump violated the law by bombing Syria without Congressional approval. He made up some BS about because Syria did not attack the US first what Trump did was illegal. I told him Trump says "eff the Constitution" for a reason. If my president wants to bomb any country it's his choice. The law is irrelevant. The President has absolute authority as Commander in Chief. I'm so sick of these liberal losers.

Precisely!!!!

God damn snowflakes. War is what we do. America is in the business of war. MAGA, MAGA, MAGA, believe me.

All hail, Halliburton and Raytheon!!!!!
edit on 16-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Precisely!!!!

God damn snowflakes. War is what we do. America is in the business of war. MAGA, MAGA, MAGA, believe me.

Good point! War is the only answer. Who needs laws. The Commander in Chief is our leader. Not Congress. I'm so sick of these liberals who think Trump is not in charge.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

HaHa

link   

Your liberal friend is wrong, the president is legally allowed to order limited strikes like he did.

That said, he should have gathered more intel before ordering the missile strikes.

link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

I can't stand liberals either.

But I don't agree with anything you just posted

If Trump broke the law then prove it. You liberals make me sick!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I thought this was another desperate attempt of a trump blaming thread, well done!

Although I´m not sure if "law is irrelevant", even when it comes to your president.

Thanks. There are no limits to the unitary executive authority!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That said, he should have gathered more intel before ordering the missile strikes.

We don't need no stinkin intel. We got the MoAB. That's all te intel we need.

We're all out of bubble gum!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Either this post is a joke, or you.

Not sure yet..

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

One of my ultra liberal friends said Trump violated the law by bombing Syria without Congressional approval.

Your friends are lying to you.

Operation Infinite Reach was the codename for American cruise missile strikes on al-Qaeda bases in Khost, Afghanistan, and the Al-Shifa pharmaceutical factory in Khartoum, Sudan, on August 20, 1998. The attacks, launched by the U.S. Navy, were ordered by President Bill Clinton in retaliation for al-Qaeda's August 7 bombings of American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, which killed 224 people (including 12 Americans) and injured over 4,000 others. Operation Infinite Reach was the first time the U.S. acknowledged a preemptive strike against a violent non-state actor.[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

All liberals and minorities should start worshipping Trump, maybe that's the fast road to impeachment.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Impeachment worked out well for Bill Clinton.

$100 million and a foundation worth over $2 billion dollars.

Go ahead.

It's meaningless.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

trump is in charge is precisely the problem and you don't have to be a liberal to figure that out! the fact that he made a 180 on his foreign policy overnight is cause for concern. the man has been getting 4 hours of sleep for a year straight and its catching up to him, i warned about this when he was campaigning like he was on meth!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well, he alerted Russia before Congress so yeah, he broke the law BUT you're right, seems like laws don't apply anymore and our Congress just lets it happen. Why is that? Probably because they're all bought and paid for good little boys who do what their told.

Corruption has completely taken over politics for a very long time. One day someone may actually try to drain the swamp but clearly isn't gonna be Trump.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I actually think that Trump should have waited for better evidence before the strike on that base. He did not go by the rules. The evidence he used to bomb Syria was not adequate in my mind. The UN would have investigated it, but he jumped the gun. I have this funny hunch that he messed up bad.

The Afghanistan bombing is a different thing, that was intended towards ISIS, a group that we are at war against. Hopefully he had the OK from the government of Afghanistan on that.

As far as legal in this country, other presidents have done similar things about not getting Congresses approval.
edit on 16-4-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

yeaah we are snowflakes
i was talking with somebody about it last night before sleep.he said why are you fighting me. i dont want to change my character i said. he said we dont have a character, we are all snowflakes. then we smiled
and then we thought about talking like poetry but who said that i am not sure that part got a little confused.
edit on 16-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

If Trump broke the law then prove it

He admitted to bribing politicians in the debates on national TV, so he admitted to being a criminal before he even got elected.

Not that his retarded voters give a damn.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Id say that all presidents since maybe carter have bombed other countries without the go ahead from congress, so no i don't think trump broke any laws.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join