It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*LIVE Discussion During State of the Union Address

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt.

1. Huge dollars spent on Y2K compliance. Anyone who could SPELL IBM, could get a job!

And how much of the Y2K thing was real. Maybe they were just being cauatious *shrugs*
All I know is that my cheapy 1085 VCR works just fine in 2005, incluging the 21 century calendar.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by The Division Bell
^%@^%@^@%@%^%@%&#^@&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Here comes the draft! Thanks, 51% of america. I get to go fight FOR your dumb #$@'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncalled for, unwarrented, circumventing the censors, no profanity allowed, and all per the T&C of this site.

Chill please, The Division Bell. You entitled to your opinion, but do it within the contexts of the T&Cs of this site, please.

seekerof

Sorry for the irrational response but due to the possible prospect of another war while according to the media the soldiers are being sent back to Iraq, and according to my friend at 29 Palms. Its hard not to be irrational due to the possibility of a draft. My friend at 29 Palms see's Marines crying because they have to go back to Iraq and they consider injuring themselves so they don't have to go. Pardon me for not remembering the rules. I am sorry. I embraced ignorance for a moment cause it felt good to express my ignorant expression for concern. Sorry. My bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

1. Huge dollars spent on Y2K compliance. Anyone who could SPELL IBM, could get a job!

And how much of the Y2K thing was real. Maybe they were just being cauatious *shrugs*
All I know is that my cheapy 1085 VCR works just fine in 2005, incluging the 21 century calendar.

I think, SOME of it was real. There are plenty of non-upgraded things still working just fine..However,
My workplace spent a few Million to get compliant..Our systems failed ALL tests...
1085, THAT's an old VCR...LOL..

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No sweat and understandable.

Thank you.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Anyone listening to the democratic response?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The democrat are having an analysis of SOUA professionally done by Democrats? TURN IT TO MSNBC.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

They still should have an accounting of what they do with the money, how much there is, etc. Even if all they do is let it sit there and earn .05%. We should still see that balance sheet.
More than reform, we need accountibility!!!

Now, here's telling us about reforming the medical insurance plans, yikes!!!

DTOM, I fully agree with the accountability question, think that is available in GAO reports on where these funds go after the governments hands gets on them - my understanding for years has been that it goes to offset the general budget with the treasury giving an IOU to the government. This is how Clinton balanced the budget afterall.

Some time somewhere the government is going to have to payup in order to serve the obligation of SS, problem is they have spent the money - how are they going to pay for it - raise FICA - general taxes - what?

If the money is already spent where can the government raise more revenue - why that can only be you, me and other working people.

Enough is enough this program really does need to be changed.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I love Democrats again. THIS IS GENIUS!!!!! GOOD JOB DEMOCRATS

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Can't hear the Dem response..Whitehouse feed is off..IMagine that! LOL

Anyone else? I'd love to read some comments.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The Y2K 'thing' was real, I assure you that. My father worked pretty much from 1998 to 2000 to make sure everysingle comp in the company he worked for was compliant. They only missed 0.2% of the comps they owned and on those comps things buggered up just as expected. Good thing nothing critical was running on them, servers were all fine afterwards. But let me tell you, if the hundreds of thousands of programmers did not do thier bit to solve the Y2K bug, well I do not want to speculate on what would have happened but it would not have been good and could have taken all of 2000-2001 and 2002 to clean up. Not exactly armegeddon as was so humoursly portraid on "Family Guy"
but it wouldn't have been very pleasent to live through either. I actually read a report that speculated that the primary reason for the Bubbles deflation was because of all the money spent on compliance that was not spent on new products. Interesting theory imo

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
One of the best speeches I've ever heard! Go BUSH!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

You've got to be kidding. If your for real I'm gonna puke. Its his same old stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Look in Pelosis eyes - do you see anything - I don't shes freaky looking

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by swintersVT
Anyone listening to the democratic response?
Yes- they have some valid points- This SS stuff is scary, so is everything else

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

She's a vacuous barking moonbat.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Wasnt it though? I'm so full of love and have such a fuzzy feeling i bet i will sleep like a baby tonight.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think the Democrats could be a little stronger in their rebuttle.

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, but I wish the democrats would come across a little stronger anyway!

Bush just makes me sick all the way around. Now, he's picked up this new, annoying cockyness.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Typical Republican. Can you get past the belittling and actually listen to her?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why listen? She just parots Bush?!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
.........I turning the channel. Scarborough is talking on MSNBC. He makes the worst points with the most inaccuracies. No wonder he is no longer in Congress.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join