It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

truth about being Anti american !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I seem to read on ATS that some people think that if you dont agree with Bush you are anti american what a load of rubbish. There are two reasons why people are labeled anti american.
1 The poster is a Zombie who watches Fox to tell them what to think.
2 It is used as a last/first resort when the poster cant/wont back there argument up with facts and logic.

The truth is some americans are anti -world want proof this is what they think well old Europe are evil freedom haters despite the fact they took part in that other post 9-11 action (some americans have short -medium term memory loss will give them a clue the country starts with the letter A.)
Add the fact that these people think WW1 started in 1917, WW2 started in 1941 and america was the only countrie in Vietnam.
Lets not forgot the same people that reckon there allies are anti -american yet the cant find the likes of Iraq on a map.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
All hail xpert11!

Disagreeing with Bush is not anti-American! Thank you for stating this for those in the States who seem to have a siege mentality.

Just because we may hate your Fuhrer, does not mean we hate you. A lot of us actually like you.

It is the same for those who think that if you dislike the way Israel conducts itself, that makes you the next Heinrich Himmler.

Just because we may hate the Israeli regime, or hate Zionism, or are sympathetic to the Palestinians, does not make us anti-semetic.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I guess its easier to label those who disagree with the things that America does in the world as anti-American than to really look at the reasons we disagree with an open mind and heart. Instead its that "its our way or no way attitude," that the world sees and dislikes.

Its too bad really, because the U.S. is really a pretty cool place with lots of really wonderful people living there.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have voted for Xpert for Way Above for this month

Keep on posting Xpert.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Disagreeing with Bush is anti-American!!!! George Bush represents the american people therefore if you are anti-bush you are most likely to be a anti-american to some lesser or more degree...

I agree with anti-americans, I am anti-american, I am british and therefore more politically correct than you.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by harry_hill
Disagreeing with Bush is anti-American!!!! George Bush represents the american people therefore if you are anti-bush you are most likely to be a anti-american to some lesser or more degree...

Not everybody voted for Bush. Bush is only one person if you dislike the policys of a group of politicans it dosnt mean you hate america. I dont like the current NZ government but Im not anti NZ.

I agree with anti-americans, I am anti-american, I am british and therefore more politically correct than you.

That last statment dosnt make any sense.

BHR I forgot to say thanks a bad slip of my manners.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Your logic is flawed. Seriously flawed. I LOVE AMERICA! I dissagree with the current administration. It is OK to question your government if you feel they are doing an inept job. Personally, I feel that a chimp could do a better job than Shrubya. Hell, I could do a better job than that schmuck. Disagreeing with you administration does NOT make on anti American or un-Patriotic as many Neocons on this board would have you believe. I dislike Bush, but I want my country to flourish and prosper. How does that make me anti American. Please, if you have one ounce of proof, please present it.

[edit on 5/20/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks for replying,

I see it as the majority of america voted bush therefore the majority of america is pro-bush.

To set the scene:bush lovers, bush followers; that is, if you want to put it into that context.

so do americans have shrines to praise bush, being as they love him so much to forget about his stupidity of the Iraq War???

I don't understand americans, so please someone explain, what is with the americans?

Why vote for someone that is clearly not up for the job?

I mean, we knew tony blair was up for the job, thats why we voted him in! Tell me, what major positive thing has bush done for:

+ Consumers
+ Economy
+ Single Parents
+ America?

Regards,

Alex Craven

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Thanks for replying,

I see it as the majority of america voted bush therefore the majority of america is pro-bush.

To set the scene:bush lovers, bush followers; that is, if you want to put it into that context.

so do americans have shrines to praise bush, being as they love him so much to forget about his stupidity of the Iraq War???

I don't understand americans, so please someone explain, what is with the americans?

Why vote for someone that is clearly not up for the job?

I mean, we knew tony blair was up for the job, thats why we voted him in! Tell me, what major positive thing has bush done for:

+ Consumers
+ Economy
+ Single Parents
+ America?

Regards,

Alex Craven

Yes you are correct, most americans are Pro-Bush. The Iraq war is not stupid it is brilliant. It is also brilliant how Bush won 2 elections. It is called leadership, something Clinton never had.

Bush and his tax cuts are great for the economy, in fact in the last quarter revenues where $45 Billion more than was expected. This is direct evidence that more tax cuts are needed, along with spending cuts. That takes care of your Consumers and Economy questions.

Single parents have troubles that government didn't create nor should they have to answer to. Individuals have responsibility, and it is selfish to look to government for help.

America was not looking for a fight, the fight came to us. For 8 years the US wanted to treat terrorist as common criminals to be caught and prosecuted. Now we are aggressively persuing terrorist and have them on the run. How many attacks on the US since 9/11? The correct answer is 0. Thanks President Bush!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Thanks for replying,

I think I see where you are getting confused. It is quite a large leap to say that a majority of Americans voted for him therfore Americans in general tend to support Bush. This is not true. In fact, if you look at the presidential job approval ratings from Gallup, you will see he is not fairing so well in this country.

The latest Gallup survey shows that only 35% of Americans approve of the way Congress is handling its job, the lowest such rating in eight years. Almost 4 in 10 Americans say most Republicans and, separately, most Democrats in Congress are unethical. Overall, the public's low esteem of congressional members appears to hold about equally for both Republicans and Democrats.

www.gallup.com...

You must remember that just under half of the voters did not vote for Bush. There was no clear majority.

Please dont blame Americans for what our schmuck of a president is doing. Unfortunatly, we cant fire him.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Yes you are correct, most americans are Pro-Bush. The Iraq war is not stupid it is brilliant. It is also brilliant how Bush won 2 elections. It is called leadership, something Clinton never had.

You are wrong. Only 35% of Americans polled think he is doing a good job. Clinton also had a 65% popularity rating when he left office. Bush cant even begin to compare.

Bush and his tax cuts are great for the economy, in fact in the last quarter revenues where $45 Billion more than was expected. This is direct evidence that more tax cuts are needed, along with spending cuts. That takes care of your Consumers and Economy questions.

Could you post a link? Everything I have read shows the opposite.

Single parents have troubles that government didn't create nor should they have to answer to. Individuals have responsibility, and it is selfish to look to government for help.

Heartless. Pure selfishness and inhumanity at its strongest right here folks.

America was not looking for a fight, the fight came to us. For 8 years the US wanted to treat terrorist as common criminals to be caught and prosecuted. Now we are aggressively persuing terrorist and have them on the run. How many attacks on the US since 9/11? The correct answer is 0. Thanks President Bush!

Thanks Bush for putting OBL on the back burner and going after someone who had NOTHING to do with 9-11

Harry, remember, Carsellers avatar is a peace sign through a nuke. This is pretty much the same mentality of all who support Bush. The whole 35% of them.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

You are wrong. Only 35% of Americans polled think he is doing a good job. Clinton also had a 65% popularity rating when he left office. Bush cant even begin to compare.

Could you post a link? Everything I have read shows the opposite.

Heartless. Pure selfishness and inhumanity at its strongest right here folks.

Thanks Bush for putting OBL on the back burner and going after someone who had NOTHING to do with 9-11

Harry, remember, Carsellers avatar is a peace sign through a nuke. This is pretty much the same mentality of all who support Bush. The whole 35% of them.

Here is my ignored thread which has the link to revenues being up $45 billion in the last quarter, thanks to tax cuts.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

Why do you think my thread was ignored? Ignored by ATS and ignored by the "elite" media?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Bush job approval is hovering around 48%. But if you are an investor it is around 53%.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Where you are getting 35%? Link please.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by Carseller4]

[edit on 20-5-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Bush job approval is hovering around 48%. But if you are an investor it is around 53%.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Where you are getting 35%? Link please.

I gave the link. It is from Gallup. A much better source than the one you linked to.

As far as your link to the Washington Post, It's awfull coincidental that the amount coming out of this is close to the exact amount that Bush plans on saving from all the military base cutbacks...............

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well, what is anti-Bush? Is being against corruption, lieing, big business, and murder anti-Bush? Well, yes, but that's besides the point.

What is anti-Bush? According to the GOP Star Wars Episode III is anti-Bush. That's right, according to the GOP Senator Palpatine is Bush, the whole friggin movie is exposing their plans to become a dictatorship, so they tried to get the movie rating bumped up a notch to keep more people from seeing it.

What is anti-Bush? Watching anything but Fox News.

What is anti-Bush? Using your brain for more then a hood ornament.

"This is your brain, this is your brain on Fox News." Smash things with frying pan. "This is what happens to your IQ level, your social life, your job, your country." Keep smashing things with a frying pan. "Any questions?"

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Alright, most Americans are not pro-Bush. The only reason he won is because of the other candidate. The proof is in the approval rating. I could have come out against gays, black, and Jews, and still been able to beat Kerry.

Do you really think Bush could beat someone like Clinton? If you do, you are only lying to yourself. In fact, the only reason why the Republicans won't amend the Constitution for more than two terms is because of people like Clinton. Clinton is still the rockstar of the Oval Office and people will continue to love him. Meaning...Clinton could have taken Bush when his approval rating was at its highest, and mopped the floor with him.

And spending cuts are the key answer to this. Tax cuts in certain places are needed, but serious spending cuts are due...especially deficit spending. The only reason we should ever spend in the red is in emergency situations...not created situations.

And how dare those greedy, selfish, mean-spirited, anti-American leeches get on WIC. I mean, those filthy, under-handed folks who are more concerned with their unborn or born chil'rens being properly nourished should be more worried about pride and STARVE LIKE A PROUD PERSON!!! Seriously, our handouts are not a measure of our greed and sloth, it is a measure of our advancement of our society. After all, how far advanced can a culture be who would rather see children starve and die from malnourishment instead of giving when we can afford to do so.

Really, Iraq CAME to us. *Sigh* It is becoming more and more obvious that the Iraq War was one of choice. "But OXmanK, Iraq houses tewwowist!" So does France, England, China, Russia, Timbuktu, USofA, etc...but do we bomb those places. Terrorists come from everywhere. Heck, before 9-11, the largest terrorist attack on the US was done by our own people.

"But they also had the desire to do us harm." And, like I said above, many places have the same desire. Do you think England, France, China, and Russia do not have plans to strike America? If you do, you are continuing to believe lie. FACT, they all have plans to strike America.

"But Saddam Hussein wanted to kill his dad." Is that enough evidence to have 1600 of our boys and gals killed in foreign sand? Is it worth it? Depends on how depraved you are to want to see more dead Iraqis...

How many attacks on the US since 9/11? The correct answer is 0. Thanks President Bush!

Care to amend that statement? Not only is it ridiculous, because someone is killing our troops in Iraq. But also it is outright lying because they are still attacking the US. You call them insurgents or terrorists...they are attacking the troops.

Oh, you mean the soil. Oh, only mainland America. I forgot, the troops are just fodder for your war machine. They aren't real people in your book.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Bush won because of his brilliant leadership?????? Wow, even a conservative is scratching his head at that nonsense.

Kerry stunk, and there is no doubt about it. Trying to make him Moderate just didn't work.

Truth be told, Bush won for just a few reason.

1) Christians are tired of the garbage, but have no one better to vote for

2) Conservative know they deserve better, but have no one better to vote for

and finally

3) Candidates are like products. They are designed, molded, spun, propagandized, and their platforms become smaller each year as the talking heads move into "Well Kerry certainly had an advantage in the debates because he is taller...." blah blah blah.

Garbage.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Bush won because of his brilliant leadership?????? Wow, even a conservative is scratching his head at that nonsense.

Kerry stunk, and there is no doubt about it. Trying to make him Moderate just didn't work.

Truth be told, Bush won for just a few reason.

1) Christians are tired of the garbage, but have no one better to vote for

2) Conservative know they deserve better, but have no one better to vote for

and finally

3) Candidates are like products. They are designed, molded, spun, propagandized, and their platforms become smaller each year as the talking heads move into "Well Kerry certainly had an advantage in the debates because he is taller...." blah blah blah.

Garbage.

It's true, Conservatives got spoiled with Ronald Reagan. Reagan was a once in a lifetime President.

We will never get Reagan again but Bush comes real close.

Both Reagan and Bush where considered stupid. But they sure beat that liberal A**!

That is why they both will go down in history as great Presidents, and Clinton will go down in history as a pervert.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

We will never get Reagan again but Bush comes real close.

Both Reagan and Bush where considered stupid. But they sure beat that liberal A**!

Thank you Carseller for once agian providing us with an indepth look into the psyche of the presidents supporters. I asked some important questions that you wont even acknowledge and this is what you come back with? Oh, and Bush couldnt scratch a pimple on Regans arse. At least Regan could think for himself. When Bush tries to think, wars get started and companies go bankrupt( if Bush owns them), or the corprate fat cats get fatter. Bush's legacy? Murder, deceit, economic monipulation, the shattering of democracy. The forging of an empire.

[edit on 5/22/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Carseller: If Reagan was so great, then why didn't he fix problems rather than putting bandaids on it like Bush does. There is more to being president than global policy (which Reagan did well).

I see conservatives as shortsighted and unwilling to address problems these days. Here are some problems that need addressing:

1) Taxes are obsene, and "tax cuts" need to be completed with systemic change. Not to lessen the blow, but to make us more free and spend less than we are giving back. Bush did little to that effect, and in fact he spent a lot more.

2) Reduction in the size of government. The government wastes money so badly, that if normal Americans knew what went on, they would literally revolt (as I almost think they should). The whole Federal System is broken.

3) Allow the states to govern their own issues, from abortion to security, education to roads. Opps, forgot the GOP had changed it's motto.

From my perspective, the GOP has turned into the Democratic party of 50-60 years ago, and has no interest in doing much of anything real conservatives want.

We all know the Privatization idea is garbage, and does not address the very reason the GOP brought it up in the first place.

Curious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join