It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Congressman promising purple salute to Iraqi voters at State Of The Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A congressman from the state of Louisiana has indicated that he will have purple ink available for fellow lawmakers to dip a finger to show solidarity with the Iraqi people. According to Congressman Bobby Jindal, the ink will be available for everyone. Iraqis who voted in the countries elections had a finger stained purple to preclude them from voting again.

www.kron4.com
CAPITOL HILL There may be a lot of purple index fingers at tonight's State of the Union speech.

Louisiana Congressman Bobby Jindal is planning to demonstrate solidarity with Iraqi voters by dipping a finger in purple ink before tonight's speech.

He told fellow lawmakers he'll have ink available for anyone who wants to make a gesture of support for Iraqis and "people throughout the world who seek freedom."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Seems like a political grandstand, and some media report over radio indicated that it was a Republican effort and that the Democrats were welcome if they wanted to participate. I wonder if the president will do likewise?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It's so easy to impress fellow Republicans with their grand standing.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I heard this on the Fox channel before the speech. Has anyone noticed this? I am curious because it could be that "mark of the beast" thing that I have heard in many places. No one really knows what the "mark" will be. Maybe the ink, or what it represents (democracy), is the sign...... If so, Is democracy "evil" just like what Osama says? I heard on an Art Bell show and websites like www.homelandsecurityus.com that translates Osama's speeches, that that democracy is bad because people are making their own laws and not following God's. I hope that is not the case. I hope America is not the Satan. I love this country and its "noble experiment" of democracy, which is almost 230 years old.:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
They dipped their fingers in ink in homage to the Iraqis who just voted -- the Iraqis dipped their finger in ink when voting to show they voted to eliminate people voting more than once.

It was not the mark of the beast or any other satanic sign. Sheesh...

top topics

join