It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nexium Dropped By The US Army

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
My apologies in advance for the brevity of this post.

The Army 'claims' that a dramatic rise in the price of the drug that prevents acid reflux is the reason ... but this is ATS.

What if the people that make Nexium made a really bad run of the drug and they want the Army to stop pushing it for a while?

You see, I'm at my keyboard @ pre-06:00 (again) on a Sunday. This morning I awoke, rushing to the bathroom, to heave (second time it was this bad).

I'll guarantee you that Monday morning I'll be seeking a new prescription to replace the Nexium I have on-hand. Remember this. I'm not going to flush what I have remaining. There's something wrong and I'm hanging on to the 'evidence'.

edit on 1642017 by Snarl because: Didn't like the thread title

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

all drugs can be dangerous. its best not to take them unless you actually have to take them.

as far as what you are saying, maybe they really dropped it to get something more cost effective, maybe not.

maybe you ate something bad, maybe you are getting sick. maybe you had a reaction to the drug or maybe you just have a upset stomach. its hard to say.. you can buy that stuff over the counter so i would not expect it to have too many bad side effects.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dannylightning
... maybe ... maybe not ... maybe ... maybe ... maybe ... maybe ... its hard to say.

I'm with you ... but, it seems like a very convenient coincidence. Haven't had a problem with this stuff for years and now
I was pretty sick this a.m.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'd say this had a lot to do with it. Folks just can't afford it. Pricing had a huge impact on my decision to stop taking Enbrel
[ along with the increased cancer risk ] Big Pharma is out of control and is going to jack the prices up, even if it means some have to do without.

www.reuters.com...

Davis said Amgen prices reflect research and development costs of $33 billion over a decade. Rebates and discounts bring the average sales price for a weekly dose of Enbrel to $704.23, down from its list price of $932.16, she said.

BULLSH**!!! That stuff was $1500 a pop when I was taking it.

Patricia Calopietro, 70, said she once paid $20 for a three-month supply of Nexium. AstraZeneca Plc (AZN.L) raised the list price of the acid reflux drug nearly 50 percent over the past five years, and Calopietro's insurer pushed her out-of-pocket share up to $250

edit on 16-4-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It lists vomiting as one of the common side effects. Although if you've been taking it for a while now, I think you may be having a reaction and should stop.

www.rxlist.com...

Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that blocks acid production in the stomach and is used to treat stomach and duodenal ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Nexium is available as a generic.
Common side effects of Nexium include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gas, constipation, headaches, drowsiness, dry mouth, rash, dizziness, and nervousness.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

you should think twice before taking these drugs

you can find a lot of sources on you tube by entering these words in the search box "Heartburn meds associated with increased risk of kidney damage"

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

It lists vomiting as one of the common side effects. Although if you've been taking it for a while now, I think you may be having a reaction and should stop.

www.rxlist.com...

Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that blocks acid production in the stomach and is used to treat stomach and duodenal ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Nexium is available as a generic.
Common side effects of Nexium include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gas, constipation, headaches, drowsiness, dry mouth, rash, dizziness, and nervousness.

that is possible. maybe they even changed a ingredient in it and it does not agree with you.

i have also heard of people who have taken something for a long time and all the sudden developed a allergy to it.

but anything is possible. i hope you feeel better.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
climbs up on the horse of pompous

You know, if you ate right, your acid reflux could go away.

I was chewing through 3-4 gaviscon a day until I changed my diet. No more issues.

climbs back down into the muck

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I take a PPI called Pantoloc.
From what ive read itsvery similar as Nexium.

I have horrid acid reflux. I go through a jug of Tums 1000mg's a week. When I eat something that triggers my heartburn, its so bad that I can spit bile.
But then I started taking Pantoloc... best thing ive done yet for acid reflux.
I dont nearly need as many tums as I used to.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

When I see my doc tomorrow, I'm going to ask him which PPI I was prescribed initially. I never had to eat a Tums while I was on that one, and though the dose prescribed was to be taken daily, if I forgot I wouldn't get a flare-up for two or three days.

I'll come back to the thread and let you know what it was.

-Cheers

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Sounds good.
I used to eat tums constantly.
It took about 2 days for the Pantoloc to be self sustaining in my body.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I understand that there could be physical issues that cause an overabundance of stomach acid, but has your doctor ever talked about diet? If so what did they recommend?

Would there be any harm in experimentation? Something along the lines of removing sugar and starches for a while to see if it helps. If it doesn't you have lost nothing.

Some people claim the addition to sugar is stronger than nicotine.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

There's something to be said about diet being a factor in GERD.

I stopped wheat and gluten......haven't taken Prilosec even once.
And, at the end of my Prilosec days....I was having a rebound effect, getting sicker from the drug.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
I understand that there could be physical issues that cause an overabundance of stomach acid, but has your doctor ever talked about diet? If so what did they recommend?

I've been on PPIs for a really really long time. I remember being on a restricted diet for like 6 months (this was back in the early '80s), but I don't remember much about the details. What I remember most was not being able to eat tomatoes or drink orange juice. At the end of the diet period (which I knew didn't change anything), I couldn't eat tomatoes or drink orange juice with experiencing reflux. So, they put me on a pill.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I am glad to hear of other peoples victory over these ailments without the use of pharmaceuticals.

I went full ketogenic when my heartburn finally disappeared. Took about 6 months for my body to heal. I tend to lump wheat and gluten in with sugar as that is what they ultimately turn into within the body. Maybe it was the removal of gluten that did the trick? Or the removal of glyphosate that happened with the removal of wheat.

I also had a very severe case of psoriasis/eczema for about 3 years, developed in my 30's. I would wake up in the night with bloody gashes down my arms and back from scratching during sleep. I even got to the point I would put socks over my hands to prevent it. I never went to seek medical help and decided to try modifying my diet for a cure.

I lost 45 pounds and suddenly I was able to exercise again (side benefits). My constant sinus drainage also cleared up.

Now I can tell within 4 hours when I slip up and eat the forbidden fruit as the old symptoms will reappear. It is kind of amazing when you get clean, how noticeable what the wrong foods/chemicals will do to a persons body and how fast the symptoms appear.

In a way, I am kind of grateful for the horrible skin and health problems I experienced. It taught me a valuable lesson.

Not that I don't pull out a cook book every once in a while and just drool. Those glorious foods will forever haunt my soul. My goodness, just a sandwich with thick crusty bread would be wonderful.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Maybe the medical professionals thought that removing acidic foods was the answer? I wonder if they weren't the underlying cause so much as they irritated the organ that was already damaged, like ulcers on the stomach lining.

I apologize, I have to swell my ego into thinking I am on the correct path here because it was/is very difficult to give up some of the foods I did. Have you tried a ketogenic diet? Also removing the frankenfoods along with the chemicals in them? One of the things I learned early is the wonderful food label of 'natural ingredients/natural flavoring' disguises a lot of bad stuff. It was grandfathered in during the 70's as basically a replacement label for MSG.

Cooks all food from scratch. Don't go down the middle isles of food stores and stay on the outside where the fresh and unprocessed ingredients are.

I know there is a lot of fraud in the 'organic' label but I still try to stay as conscientious as possible when purchasing. I eat A LOT of bacon and eggs. I will even cook the eggs in the bacon fat....mmmmmm

Oh well, thanks for listening if you read. Is it worth a shot? Will the trial hurt? Maybe the results would be worth the loss of some of those wonderful, dangerous foods?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Oh well, thanks for listening if you read.

My wife and I will discuss this later. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Nexium should not, and is actually contraindicated for, use longer than 3 weeks.

Its a great medication for people who have esophegeal weakness and fissures, as it helps promote healing. But for a daily dose medication? You are not doing yourself any favors. I would not be surprised to see a spike in bile duct cancer as a result of the antacids we take to cover up our poor eating habits

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But for a daily dose medication? You are not doing yourself any favors.

I take what the docs prescribe. It has, up to now (which is years and years and years) never caused me any concerns at all. The reason I put this post up, is the problem described ... right after the Army cancels their contract.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

im not here to tell anyone to not follow their doctors advice....im just sharing what I know about pharmaceuticals in general.

<<   2 >>

join