It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO'S VERSION 2.0 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Everyone once in a while I look around this forum, and I have always wondered why this question hasn't been brought up by people who are trying to dis prove Aliens. How come the desgin of the "alien space ship" never changes. Like people who show pictures of "flying saucers" from like 1,000 years ago , but how come we still see these same looking flying saucers today? Don't you think that the aliens would get a newer version out one of these days? I don't read this forum much, nor do I post on it, so I can't wait to see what people will say.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by The_Final]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oddly enough, the basic design for a hammer hasn't changed in over 1000 years either, but we still use them.

Go figure?

To presume that we can apply our mindset for updating a working design constantly, to an alien mindset, is a gross assumption...

Besides, there may be plenty of advances under the hood, we don't know... Sure, our cars have come a long way since the Model T, but many of the basic principles of the combustion engine are still pretty archaic when compared to modern drives such as a nuclear powered warship, etc...yet they are still a part of our daily lives....

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeah but at least the hammer has had modifications..... Like how there is a sledge hammer, and before there was no nail puller outter thingy ( I don't know what its called) on the back of it a 1,000 years ago. I mean cmon not a single change in a 1,000 years it seems that they should be slightly different.

"The only constant, is change"

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let's put some perspective on this. If they have the ability to travel across the universe to this planet, we can assume that they have had the interstellar travel capabilities for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years. So, to not have made any noticable updates (to the human eye via blurry photo's and hazy first hand accounts) to thier crafts in the past 50 yrs is not that unbelievable.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am not talking about 50 years or 100 years, I mean 1,000 years, like how UFO people say that there are UFOs in acient art and stuff. Not in the past 50 years, even though look how much the first airplane to now, look at the Millions of changes we have made to them.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You're thinking of the claw...
And yes, there are very old nails with heads, and hammers with nail claws.

Here's another example then, the mortar and pestle.

Still, there are a variety of craft...cigar-shaped, triangle, disc, chevron, cyllindrical, sphere, etc. etc. seen throughout the ages. Since none of the photos or video are very clear usually, and at a distance, I'd say it's pretty difficult to tell the advances.

For example, you see a 1920 car and a 2005 Prowler both coming to you down the road. At what point can you really state a large technical advancement just by sight? Could you do this at even 500 feet? I doubt it. Same with alien craft I'd imagine.

Again, if it aint' broke, don't fix it, perhaps that's their philosophy. Assuming some of our ideas of their capability of interstellar travel by manipulating time/space to warp it, then travel time = 0. You can't get much faster than that, so no need for improvement or alteration, right?

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No I am trying to prove the point of like 1,000 years do you think you could tell the difference between a guy on a horse and a hummer? I am not trying to be rude but I want to say that all of those "ancient saucer drawing" I believe to be fake. Thank you Gazork for the clarification on the nail

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The thing with science and technology is that its always going to better itself, take a mobile phone for example... there getting smaller and getting more stuff with them like cameras and mp3s etc... i dont think were ever gonna get to a point when we say ''thats as far as we can go with mobile phones'' but.... with alien crafts..... i assume that thier super intelligent so maybe they have invented the ultimate shape for inter stellar travel and thats why they dont change it, if it aint broke dont fix

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
I am not talking about 50 years or 100 years, I mean 1,000 years, like how UFO people say that there are UFOs in acient art and stuff. Not in the past 50 years, even though look how much the first airplane to now, look at the Millions of changes we have made to them.

As far as the art from 100 or 1000 years ago, that is a much debated issue in and of itself. I don't think we can use them as a point of reference. But if you want to, just look at the many different so called ufo's depicted in the varied paintings and such. They are not necessarily the same as the ones captured on film in the 20th and 21st century. And like Gazrok said, perhaps the outside structure that we commonly see (the average saucer shape) is the best for interstellar travel. But who knows what modifications have been done within the craft.

As far as our own aircrafts go, we just broke into flight relatively recently. It's a no brainer to see why advancements have gone so fast. That's just the way it is when the demand for bigger, better, and faster aircrafts are needed. You could look at computers in the same way. If the general public provides the demand, the market will provide the advancements. On the other hand, look at our own NASA Space Shuttles. There is not alot of noticable advancements to the naked eye, but on the inside the advancements are quite noticable.

STS-27, Orbiter Atlantis 1988

STS-45 1992

Endeavour 1994

STS-86 1997

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Sure flying saucers always look the same but what are we comparing to?
A painting hundred or thousands of years ago is only a paining not a photo. If those were actually paintings of UFOs anyway.
Many of the photos of UFOs today have a wide range of shapes. This was even brought up on another thread www.abovetopsecret.com....
The thing is how can we say if its different or the same when we really don't know what we are looking at. They are Unidentified.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, I've seen a UFO with optic camouflage, I'd say that's some kinda progress, perfecting that technology and all (if I saw it, it's not perfect). If these things have been around for a couple of thousands of years (operating under the theory of the bible being influenced by UFOs) probobility states that they haven't always been semi-invisible.

Just to go a little bit deeper into the camouflage I saw it seemed to operate under the principle of 'more light, more invisible', like it needed light to camouflage itself. I saw it during dusk (dark blue sky).

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
lol UFO version 2.0 where was the BETA versions??? and release 1.0

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

lol UFO version 2.0 where was the BETA versions??? and release 1.0

Roswell and Socorro.....they crashed, hehe...

The point still stands...if you achieve a craft capable of travel time = 0...then how do you improve upon it? Simple, you can't. Therefore, you're using the same basic designs for thousands of years...just as we still use a hammer to pound a nail...just as Jesus' pop did to make a table over 200 years ago...

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
when you learn all about the universe around you there is a platue you reach at which point tech levels off and is less of a change,

you are used to fast end curve where tech seems to double quickly, this has not been true b4 and will not always be the case in the future....IMO

It also helps to aqiure your older brothers things than to create them yourself.....

FYI there is no better nor will there be a better areodynamic shape than a disk! If it aint broke dont fix it.....also the disks have to be rounded in some way but other designs are less effective in atmospheres , these disks u see are only ship to planet transportation anyhow...

[edit on 3-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
the exteriors have minor modifications but the interiors are totally blingged out. why change an exterior that works when you can rip out the old seats and put in some really plush leather, a slamming stereo and gold trim everywhere.

oh, and a huge, diamond hood ornament of course.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just adding that the most aerodynamic shape is the drop shape, with the blunt end in the forward direction. At least when it comes to the lowest drag value.

new topics

top topics

join