It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to practice on delibertaly lying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Have you ever did it? Where did you start? I must be lying many times in many perspectives. But I want to stop it when I will say what is to my best knowledge and say someting completely opposite. it seems so difficult. Can you suggest?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

Is this for your work situation or just in general?
Curious.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I was just giving tips to someone I know about how to lie. But this person had a very good reason, he/she is throwing a surprise birthday party. I, personally, only lie for comedic purposes, for example, to give convincing but hilariously wrong answers to people who ask really stupid questions. So before I will help you, first tell me why you want to lie.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

might be related. But it is more a personal hadicap. I would like to be better. and i should try to be better until i am %100 sure there is no such thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

I wrote it to Caver.is it clear enough?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This is a surprise to me.
I didn't know that people actually had difficulties with lying.

I'm a natural lier I suppose then. I don't really have any good tips tbh. Just say the exact opposite of the truth or quickly make up a logical lie.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
This is a surprise to me.
I didn't know that people actually had difficulties with lying.

I'm a natural lier I suppose then. I don't really have any good tips tbh. Just say the exact opposite of the truth or quickly make up a logical lie.

i practiced. didt work much. and emtionally it hurt me before trying.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yes it was clear, but wanting to be good at lying is a little like wanting to be good at stealing, don't you think? Maybe you're a better person because you suck at lying. Maybe your life will be better if you take all this energy for learning that you have right now and devote it to building a life where you don't have to lie. I bet it would make you happier than lying would. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

That's not a bad thing that you are honest.
However sometimes people press you for more information that they need to have or are intentionally intrusive. To this I would say it's best to repeat back to them what they just asked you and get them to keep explaining. It gives you time to NOT answer, but you don't have to lie either.

Just keep listening.
They get bored and give up.

For really rude people it's good to remember that "NO" is a complete sentence. Not everyone has to like your answer, but it is still your answer.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I am good at stealing. only lying topic.i am bad at.but i did it very nice last time
i think you helped a lot.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Glad to be of service lol I guess now you need to learn cheating, then you can run for congress!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

that was yesterday.

ops. i dont want to be part of stupid people!
edit on 16-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

edit on 16-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

i am not wondering what you said.not at all. not even little bit.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I was a crappy liar or my parents were psychics. I learned early on to just tell the truth... except to cops. LOL! I can lie like a psychopath to a cop: Huh? No speako englisho. What in Gods name are you talking about?

Now, I do know a helpful hint .... but actors ( stage fright or extreme anxiety) use this as well as people who want to beat certain lie detector tests: high mg Inderal...propranolol. Its a beta blocker and the only thing thats controlled my high blood pressure. I had acquired a VSA ( voice stress analysis) program and was messing with it. I kept fooling it and didnt know why. Thought maybe the program was just faulty. Nope.. friend and I were trying to trouble shoot and finally came down to okay.. what meds are you on. At that time it was only Inderal. Bingo! BUT.. although LEOs swear they are great.. as do the manufacturers.. others who use traditional types of lie detection and algorithm based truth detecting say its not very accurate. Put it this way, the DoD uses NO VSA for ANY lie detection uses.. not for clearances or investigations.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta

Youre a bad liar. LOL!

Did you know they have yet another algorithm based deception detector for EMAILS??
Cass academics just came out with it.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
And here I am trying to be more honest everyday. Smh.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I liked your name!

i am really good at it now!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: xbeta

Youre a bad liar. LOL!

Did you know they have yet another algorithm based deception detector for EMAILS??
Cass academics just came out with it.

noo. i just wanted to emphazie my lie

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join